Mobility-challenged First-timer Distance Questions

MusicalDisneyDreams

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.
Hello! Both people in my party have mobility issues and hope to avoid ECVs. About how far is the walk through CityWalk to the park entrances? How far is it from the ferry landing to the park entrances? How far is it from the front of each park to the Harry Potter sections? I know this is a lot of questions, but we're curious to know how much walking to plan for if we plan on sticking to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

We're familiar with distances at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, so comparisons would be helpful, if possible.

TIA! :)

If you are coming via bus, the bus stop is at the extreme far end from the two parks. Quite a haul. The boats are much closer, maybe 5 minute walk.

HP is at the far back of both parks. Even going full speed it’s a good 10 minutes I think.

there are few places to sit and rest in Citywalk on the way to the parks. Ditto for the parks themselves. Although I think it’s better than WDW Over all.

If you are coming via bus, the bus stop is at the extreme far end from the two parks. Quite a haul. The boats are much closer, maybe 5 minute walk.

HP is at the far back of both parks. Even going full speed it’s a good 10 minutes I think.

there are few places to sit and rest in Citywalk on the way to the parks. Ditto for the parks themselves. Although I think it’s better than WDW Over all.
We noticed last week that there is only 1 ramp down to the docks and it's on the USO side. So the trip from the docks to USO would be very quick and longer to get over to IOA.

The answer to your questions is that it is far on all aspects. We deal with similar issues and sometimes we rent ECV’s off site to manage or we almost always travel with a WC due to the excessive walking. Better to plan ahead than be miserable because of all the walking. We have done Valet before also and it’s less walking but still ends up being a lot for our group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter