Modifying (adding days onto the end) a reservation at the 7 month mark

jodybird511

DIS Veteran
Hi Fountains of Dis Info!

We have 2 contracts--one Aulani and one BLT, both with Feb use year. We have a current Aulani reservation, booked with our AUL points at the 11 month mark. At the 7 month mark, we want to add days onto that existing reservation (current stay is for 3 nights--we want to add on 3 more; we didn't have enough AUL points to reserve all 6 nights at the 11 month mark). Current reservation is for June 25-June 28. We want to add on June 28-July 1 at the 7 month mark. I believe that we will be able to modify our reservation to just extend/add the extra 3 days (again, our contracts have the same use year). Is this correct? Also, just confirming, online booking window opens at 8:00 am EST?

And b/c our total stay is only 6 nights, I'm assuming that my 7 month window opens on 11/25 (7 months from the first day of the trip), as opposed to 11/28 (7 months from the first added on day)?

And b/c our total stay is only 6 nights, I'm assuming that my 7 month window opens on 11/25 (7 months from the first day of the trip), as opposed to 11/28 (7 months from the first added on day)?
Yes, if you modify the first day of the current trip you csnbook all 6 nights!
Since you are not using home resort points to add the additional nights, you will have to wait until the window opens for the first night you want to add. That would be 11/28, not 11/25.

You can try on 11/25, but I do not believe it will work. If it does work on 11/25, you will have discovered a way around the home resort booking priority period (which would be a system glitch in your favor).

Since you are not using home resort points to add the additional nights, you will have to wait until the window opens for the first night you want to add. That would be 11/28, not 11/25.

You can try on 11/25, but I do not believe it will work. If it does work on 11/25, you will have discovered a way around the home resort booking priority period (which would be a system glitch in your favor).
I will try it and circle back with results!

Hmmm..I thought it would work and just pull that last 3 nights from available points that were not home resort,

It will be good to hear what happens.

Hmmm..I thought it would work and just pull that last 3 nights from available points that were not home resort,

It will be good to hear what happens.
That's what I was thinking, too, but who knows.... I will definitely let you all know what happens.

Assuming both contracts are under the same membership number, you can modify the reservation at 7 months. If there are two different membership numbers, you'll need two separate reservations.

Assuming both contracts are under the same membership number, you can modify the reservation at 7 months. If there are two different membership numbers, you'll need two separate reservations.
Yep--same membership number

Just following up, as promised. I was successfully able to add days onto the trip this morning, using my 7-month points, starting on day one of the trip. Seven-month window does not technically open up for the specific days added until Thursday. Thanks all for the help and info.

I am in the same situation (booked 3 days at 11 months with my poly points, but modifying to add days on with AK points at 7 months) and was wondering when I could add days. I wonder because you are in the 7 month window of the beginning of the trip it then allows you to modify because your 7 month points are good at that point and your home resort points would technically be good for the end part of your trip. I have a poly reservation I will be modifying to add days on 12/2 so I will definitely report back on my success.

I am in the same situation (booked 3 days at 11 months with my poly points, but modifying to add days on with AK points at 7 months) and was wondering when I could add days. I wonder because you are in the 7 month window of the beginning of the trip it then allows you to modify because your 7 month points are good at that point and your home resort points would technically be good for the end part of your trip. I have a poly reservation I will be modifying to add days on 12/2 so I will definitely report back on my success.
Good question. So if this were the case, then this only worked for me b/c I was adding on the same number of days I already had--if I had tried to add more days than the number I already had booked, it would have failed. Good luck--hope you are successful as well!

Good question. So if this were the case, then this only worked for me b/c I was adding on the same number of days I already had--if I had tried to add more days than the number I already had booked, it would have failed. Good luck--hope you are successful as well!

Honestly, I think it’s the nature of the online system and you would have been allowed to book 7 nights,

When you modified the reservation, I think if you had tried to use all AKV points to replace what you booked in home resort, it would have not allowed it,

But, I think you were probably locked in to using home resort points for at least those 3 nights.

Honestly, I think it’s the nature of the online system and you would have been allowed to book 7 nights,

When you modified the reservation, I think if you had tried to use all AKV points to replace what you booked in home resort, it would have not allowed it,

But, I think you were probably locked in to using home resort points for at least those 3 nights.

If all the days were still open the entire trip could have been booked on "7 month points". I would be interested to know if the first 3 days were still available when the modification happened or if there were days missing.

If all the days were still open the entire trip could have been booked on "7 month points". I would be interested to know if the first 3 days were still available when the modification happened or if there were days missing.

Very good point. I should have added that piece that yes, if rooms were still there, all nights could have been booked with non home resort points.

Thanks for catching that!

I actually checked this after completing the modification, and no, not all days were available. The very first day of the reservation was no longer available.

Today is 7 months to our Poly trip. I had July 2-7 already booked with my poly points. Technically 7 month to add on to the end of our trip wouldn't be until 12/8, but i went on today (12/2) and was able to modify to add on days using our AK points!! It only lets you book a total of 7 nights so i will need to go back tomorrow to add on our 8th night.

This isn't a high demand booking time BUT for those who want to add nights using 7 month points during a very high demand time this could be a huge advantage. Obviously only works if you actually own points at the resort and want to add on with other resort points. I had no clue that i would be able to do this.

Since you are not using home resort points to add the additional nights, you will have to wait until the window opens for the first night you want to add.
I was in the same situation as OP. I booked our first nights 7/2-7/7 at the Poly with PVB points. So i had thought to add on dates using my AK points i would have to wait until 12/8 to then add on 7/8. But I went on today 12/2 and was able to add on 7/8. To my surprise it let me us my AK points to book.

In reality when modifying i am at my 7 month mark to use my AK points to book 7/2, so in really isn't any glitch in the system. It is using my AK points for 7/2 and then pushing my poly points to cover the end of my trip. We do want to add on an 8th night so obviously the system does block me from doing that today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!