Modifying is up and working on DVC website

I am so happy to hear about this feature, sometimes calling MS can be such a pain. We have a trip planned for June and right now have SSR booked, however, we want to switch it over to BCV at our 7 month. Doing it on the computer is going to be so much better then sitting on the phone waiting to talk to someone :goodvibes.

I’ve used it once to add a name and was so nervous I was going to lose my reservation. The website is so unstable at times.

Can the new program change a reservation that's over 7 nights at the 7 month mark? Let's say it's for 10 nights at resort A. At 7 months out, I want to change to resort B. Previously, the CM would make a new reservation for the first 7 nights at resort B, and change the original reservation to 3 nights. Then the next day, the CM would add a night at resort B, and reduce a night at resort A reservation. Etc., until all night were in resort B. Then the reservation for resort A would be cancelled.

Is this possible to do on the computer now, or do I still have to call DVC?

That really is great. If Disney wants people to be able to get the most use out of their DVC points, then the ability to shift your points from one reservation to another reservation would only make good sense.
kudos to Disney. I hope they keep it up

I agree that it is a good improvement, but the point is to reduce call volume for them to cut costs. The most common, repetitive call tasks are the ones that will be automated wherever possible.

That said, I'll take a win whatever the reason, because it's sure easier to do it online if possible.

I bought OTU points to use in a reservation that I plan on modifying in a few days (to change from the whole week in one resort to a split stay) and at the time of purchase the cast member said it would not be a problem to modify the reservation online with those OTU points in there. Then I called back to verify this info and was told that OTU and transferred points can only be used on the phone so I won't be able to see them and therefore I would not be able to use those points in my reservation after it was modified. The cast member said that the modification online is new and many cast members are not very familiar with it but he knows it will not work because he just had to deal with someone not being able to use their OTU points in a reservation after a modification.
So from what he said transferred points would not be able to be used online even with the modification tool. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has 1st hand experience with this though.

I was a bit disappointed that today i was told by MS that i could not use the new feature to modify one day of a 4 day reservation to a diff resort.. i had 4 nights at BCV studio from Dec 26-30th and saw today that a BLT lake view studio showed up for my last night of Dec 29th.. so I went to modify my reservation for just that one night but was scared to continue b/c it seemed to look like it would remove ALL 4 nights at BCV and just replace with the one night at BLT. So called MS and they confirmed that I could not have just switched that one night using the tool, they did it the old fashioned way of releasing the one day and telling my how they may not be able to book the new night and I was at high risk of losing that night all together.. i decided to tell them to take the risk and release the one night and luckily i got the BLT night, but was very stressful! So if they gave me correct info, then it seems that you have to replace a whole reservation with a new one of at least the same length to work, not less.. does anyone else know if this is indeed the case?

I was a bit disappointed that today i was told by MS that i could not use the new feature to modify one day of a 4 day reservation to a diff resort.. i had 4 nights at BCV studio from Dec 26-30th and saw today that a BLT lake view studio showed up for my last night of Dec 29th.. so I went to modify my reservation for just that one night but was scared to continue b/c it seemed to look like it would remove ALL 4 nights at BCV and just replace with the one night at BLT. So called MS and they confirmed that I could not have just switched that one night using the tool, they did it the old fashioned way of releasing the one day and telling my how they may not be able to book the new night and I was at high risk of losing that night all together.. i decided to tell them to take the risk and release the one night and luckily i got the BLT night, but was very stressful! So if they gave me correct info, then it seems that you have to replace a whole reservation with a new one of at least the same length to work, not less.. does anyone else know if this is indeed the case?

With the new booking engine you could have dropped one day yourself and then afterwards booked the BLT reservation. You would have had the same risk as with MS.

I bought OTU points to use in a reservation that I plan on modifying in a few days (to change from the whole week in one resort to a split stay) and at the time of purchase the cast member said it would not be a problem to modify the reservation online with those OTU points in there. Then I called back to verify this info and was told that OTU and transferred points can only be used on the phone so I won't be able to see them and therefore I would not be able to use those points in my reservation after it was modified. The cast member said that the modification online is new and many cast members are not very familiar with it but he knows it will not work because he just had to deal with someone not being able to use their OTU points in a reservation after a modification.
So from what he said transferred points would not be able to be used online even with the modification tool. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has 1st hand experience with this though.

Thanks my guesstimate was that transferred and OTU points couldn’t be modified online.

With the new booking engine you could have dropped one day yourself and then afterwards booked the BLT reservation. You would have had the same risk as with MS.
Ahhh, ok true. I wish it would hold the old BCV room until it confirms the new BLT room... would make this much less stressful to make that kind of change!

Ahhh, ok true. I wish it would hold the old BCV room until it confirms the new BLT room... would make this much less stressful to make that kind of change!

It’s actually two transactions which is why it can’t be done. First transaction drops a day and the second books a day.

If you had enough points to book BLT first then you would be risk free.

This morning I was able to add 3 days to my reservation using the modification tool. I was so nervous but it worked great! It was so nice to be able to add on to my reservation quickly without having to call member services in a panic terrified that the days I wanted were going to be gone before they answered! I wouldn't have been able to do it myself since the days would have been out of the 7 month booking window until tomorrow even though they really weren't because I already had the 3rd-5th booked.
I'm glad they added this feature!

It's one of the best features they've added, and it actually works. I book at 11 and 7 months with just my name, because I don't know who I'll take with me, we figure that out later on. Now I can just modify and add guests names, saves having to e-mail MS.

Well I must be missing something. I am trying to modify a reservation by dropping one night. It now wants me to borrow 90 points to book the new reservation. And the phone system seems COMPLETELY out of order! (I am emailing them because I need documentation that I TRIED to do this before the 30 day window and I therefore expect not to have points in holding!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!