"mom, do you want me to walk today?" (kid called me at work to ask this!)

newholiday

<font color=000099>Tomorrow is ME day<br><font col
DS just called me at work to ask me if I want him to get outside and walk today!
He is not an outdoor kid (doesnt skateboard, doesnt bike ride). When I know he's been indoors I make him get outside and walk for a while.
So my answer "well if you cant to wait I can walk with you at 6 o'clock" He said theres nothing to do right now so he'll go get it done with.
It was suggested to me that I buy him a pedometer like I have.

Good for your DS for taking the initiative to get his walking done!! Give him a pat on the back!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc I think a pedometer might be good incentive for him to keep it up.!

When I was a kid, I wasn't an outdoor kid, either! My parents used to have to forbid me to read books and make me go outside. So I guess my couch potatoism started way back then. It's taken a lot of years for me to see that I needed to do things differently! I'm glad that your DS has taken the initiative much sooner than I did!:D

Isn't it GREAT to hear that kids are out getting fresh air and exercise!!!! We really try to limit the amount of tv and computer time our kids can have....I kick them out of the house and tell them if they can't find something to do outside, then I'll give them JOBS to do out there....that gets them moving ::yes:: !

Of course, it sounds like you are setting a good example, which is critical, IMO. Kids really do learn by what you DO more than what you SAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter