• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom is driving us all crazy, is there a professional out there who can help her?

tina.tina

DIS Veteran
Who: Me, DH, DD(9.9), DS(5.3)
What: We're going to Disney World- 7 day base tix, Upgraded to Deluxe Dining
Where: Pop Century Resort- preferred room
When: 2/12/11-2/18/11 (during free dining)
Why: 1st family trip- I was at MK 1 day- 19 yrs ago with my parents/sisters
How: Driving 12 hours (maybe overnight)

When DD was 3, I decided to take her to Disney World. Since then, we've moved a couple of times, bought a house, added to our family & have each changed jobs. We had planned a trip to celebrate DD's birthday in March. Then, the free dining offer comes along & we moved our trip to February 2011. I can't believe it's next month. :yay:

We are driving down- a 12 hour trip since DH refuses to fly & I probably want to take too much stuff anyhow. We will either leave in the evening on Thursday, Feb 10th and take turns driving through the night, or we'll leave as early as we can on Friday & drive all day. I am dreading hearing "he/she is bothering me" or the almost as dreadful "I'm bored!" So, I'm really hoping I can convince DH to leave Thursday evening.

Since we have decided to add the night of Friday, 2/11 to our stay, that night is no longer available in any Value resort at Disney- except for the ASMu Family Suite which is out of our budget. So, we're going to try to stay somewhere really close by, but off-Disney that night. Any suggestions are appreciated.

We plan to get up early & try to turn in as early as we can to keep the kids sort of on schedule- they don't do well when it's time to go back to school if we change our hours too much. We are used to getting up early. On his way to work, DH drops off DD to catch the bus at 7am at my parents'.

We decided to add Deluxe Dining for a few reasons: 1) we all like to eat on a regular basis, 2) DD is very picky so we are planning a lot of buffets, 3) Lots of character meals = not as much waiting in line for characters, I hope. A friend went to Disney in October & stayed off-site. She says that I’ve got too many reservations & shouldn’t do the Deluxe Dining. I’m hoping to ask for the check early at buffets & hopefully that will speed things up. I do like the fact that if we decide to cancel an ADR, I haven’t lost a credit & could use that for CS instead.

I have tried to plan as much as I can to make things flow smoothly but I am definitely second-guessing myself. I am officially driving everyone nuts- friends, co-workers, parents, sisters, even the husband & kids!!! I had a youtube video up of a Disney parade & my daughter said, “Do we have to watch that now, can’t we just see it when we get there?” I'm hoping to find someone here who understands my concerns :goodvibes & has the experience to critique my plans....

Saturday, 2/12
snack/continental at off-site hotel
check in ASAP at Pop (leaving stuff in van & heading out to get started)
10:30am Chef Mickey's
Head to MK to explore a little. I want to take things easy & I remember all of us looking around at Main St & the Castle in awe for a while when I went with my parents.
Snack early afternoon.
Head to Fort Wilderness
5pm Hoop Dee Doo Revue (my kids love fried chicken)
7pm Campfire with Chip & Dale
Make our way back to Pop (via MK, I think)

Sunday, 2/13 DHS
7:30am Cape May Cafe
9am Priority: TSM!
11:00am Prime Time Cafe
3:40pm Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! Pkg (latest time available)
7pm Fantasmic- snack during F!
Back home to Pop

Monday, 2/14 MK
8:05 Crystal Palace
Priority: Dumbo
12:50 Crystal Palace (thinking of changing this, suggestions?)
6:45 Cinderella's Royal Table
Wishes & back to Pop

Tuesday, 2/15 EPCOT
Snack
8am EMH
Priority: Soarin (can we get it done before Akershus?)
9:35 Akershus
2:15 Le Cellier
7:05 Garden Grill
Illuminations & back to Pop

Wednesday, 2/16 Animal Kingdom
8:10 Tusker House
Priority: Safari (not sure whether to try EE we are not thrill seekers)
12:00 Yak & Yeti (kind of nervous about this- DD is picky but likes fried rice)
Parade/snack
6:30 Rainforest Café
Back to Pop

Thursday, 2/17 Extra- Probably MK
Breakfast- Out of Pocket or Snack Credit?
11:50 Crystal Palace
6:20 ‘Ohana

Friday, 2/18 Check out day
9:15 Chef Mickey’s
May venture to a park for a short time if there’s a must do that we missed or have to do again!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any guidance. I would really appreciate it & so would my friends & family who have lost patience with me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter