"Mom, I've never been to Disney before!" "I'm 34 and *I've* never been to Disney!&qu

angierae

DIS Veteran
The cast of characters!

MIL: 70 years young
DH: 40 (turning 41 at WDW)
Me: 34
DD15
SIL
BIL

My MIL has long been talking about taking a big family vacation to Disney World, but there’s always been something here or there holding us back. Finally around Christmas time we decided to set at date and go!

BIL and SIL can’t really take time off until after Tax Day, so we knew that Spring Break and February break were out of the question. DH is a sportswriter and we also had to take into account the sports schedules in town, because he doesn’t get paid time off.

We finally settled on 5/2 to 5/9 (We already had another event scheduled for Friday and Saturday, so we’re flying out Sunday morning)

I’ve never been to Disney World. DH, his brother and his mom haven’t been since the year after Epcot opened. SIL hasn’t been since high school. It was definitely going to be an adventure! (Thank you so much DIS for giving me such good information to pass along!)

We figured out quickly that we were going to need ADRs. Since we didn’t want to pay for park hoppers for 6 people (my MIL is paying for this trip as a “Once in a Lifetime!” kind of family event) we knew we were going to have to figure out which parks to go to on which days.

After a lot of back and forth emails (We’re in MI, BIL and SIL are in AZ) we came up with the following plan:

BIL and SIL couldn’t get a direct flight from AZ for a good price, so they are going to fly to MI on Saturday, spend the night with MIL, and the three of them will fly out Sunday morning. We’ll finish up our event (a sci-fi convention) Sunday morning and fly out Sunday noonish.

We’ve got 3 rooms in the 70’s section of Pop Century. My MIL and DD15 are sharing a room, although since MIL goes to bed early, DD15 will probably hang out with us until bedtime. (Everyone in our group except my MIL are night owls)

Sunday there are evening EMH at MK, so as soon as we get to the resort and get settled in, DD15 and I are planning to head directly to MK and soak up as much of the Mouse as we can!

Monday: MK. Dinner ADR’s at CRT

Tuesday: DHS. Dinner ADR’s at The Brown Derby

Wednesday: Day trip to the Kennedy Space Center, the one thing my DH wanted more than anything. We’re taking a tour that will pick us up at the resort and bring us back. SIL has decided not to go, she’ll stay and shop. If we’re up for it, we’ll stroll WS at Epcot in the evening, nibbling on food and then meet up as a group later to talk about what we saw/ate.

Thursday: DH’s Birthday! He chose Epcot as the park to go to on his birthday. Dinner ADR’s at Coral Reef (also his choice)

Friday: AK. Dinner ADRs at Yachtsman

Saturday: Free day! People can choose whatever they want to see again/do. Dinner ADRs at Narcoossee’s.

Sunday: Sadly, fly home.

Other stuff: I’ve ordered DD15 and I 12 pins from a reputable ebay seller so that we can do some pin trading. DD15 is interested in doing autographs, so she’s going to buy an autograph book at the park. I’ve already started tossing things into a “Disney box” such as individually wrapped wipes, hand sanitizer that clips onto your belt, dollar store ponchos, etc.

I ordered a Hays Travelmate bag which UPS should be delivering any minute now.

More as we get closer to our trip! Just a little over two weeks, now!

:woohoo: :goodvibes :cool1: :cheer2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter