Mommy & Daddy take on HHN 30! - September 2020 PTR - Updated 6/12

I’m still hopeful it’s just as it says in the corner “speculation” being an anniversary year I had hoped it would be some very big headliners.
I definitely agree. I was hoping that some more classic heavy hitter slashers would be showing up. I'm sure I'll still enjoy whatever they put out. I'm always pleasantly surprised with the originals, and if there is any truth to these originals it will be nice to see them pay homage to HHN past. I've always been a big Beetlejuice fan so I hope that'll be a good IP to fill the "fun" horror house category. I really enjoyed the Haunting of Hill House, too. I know a lot of people didn't think it was scary enough, so if this comes to fruition I will be very excited to see how they pull it off!

Awww, I love the little headband.

I've been hearing horror stories of how unbelievably useless the unemployment sites have been. In NY and FL particularly.

I'm in NY and luckily I didn't have too much of a problem applying online, but my aunt applied over the phone and it took her weeks to get through.

I think this version is much better than v1.0. However, I really was looking forward to Gremlins so I was bummed when it was missing from the updated version.

I'm bummed about Gremlins not being on there too.

Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello...

Nothing new on the planning front. Still just have my ear to the ground, waiting for some news.

Last week Universal announced their plans to open up to the general public on June 5th, so that's exciting! I'm happy to watch from afar on how things unfold for the next few months.

I guess there was also a new Frequent Fear ticket released on the UK website, so that has my hopes up that they will release multi-night tickets for HHN here, eventually. I've been going back and forth on if I should pull the trigger and take advantage of the BOGO offer. But then we would only do two nights, and we were planning on three. Its a gamble on if we should wait to see if they release Rush of Fear or not...

Disney is planning on releasing their reopening plans at the task force meeting tomorrow at 10am. I'm interested to see how their plans my differ from Universal, if they even do. We're not doing Disney this year, but I'm really interested in how the theme parks are going to handle these unprecedented times.

On the home front... we spent last week doing quite a bit of work on our house. A couple cans of paint, some mulch and some plants and I feel like we did a pretty nice refresh on the house!

We also made a visit (socially distant) to my grandparents to wish my Papa a Happy Birthday and got to see our older cousin. K does not look amused :rotfl2:

We hit a record high of 91 degrees here today!! Its crazy to think that earlier this month we had some snow flurries and freezin rain. Its supposed to get back down to the 60's and 70's later this week which will be much more tolerable. I need to order a little pool for the yard online somewhere because they are sold out EVERYWHERE around here.

Well, I hope everyone is getting some good weather and getting some fresh air. Stay safe, and I will hopefully have some more updates soon!!

Hi everyone!!

Nothing new on the planning front. Still just have my ear to the ground, waiting for some news.

Last week Universal announced their plans to open up to the general public on June 5th, so that's exciting! I'm happy to watch from afar on how things unfold for the next few months.

I guess there was also a new Frequent Fear ticket released on the UK website, so that has my hopes up that they will release multi-night tickets for HHN here, eventually. I've been going back and forth on if I should pull the trigger and take advantage of the BOGO offer. But then we would only do two nights, and we were planning on three. Its a gamble on if we should wait to see if they release Rush of Fear or not...

Disney is planning on releasing their reopening plans at the task force meeting tomorrow at 10am. I'm interested to see how their plans my differ from Universal, if they even do. We're not doing Disney this year, but I'm really interested in how the theme parks are going to handle these unprecedented times.

On the home front... we spent last week doing quite a bit of work on our house. A couple cans of paint, some mulch and some plants and I feel like we did a pretty nice refresh on the house!

View attachment 497223

We also made a visit (socially distant) to my grandparents to wish my Papa a Happy Birthday and got to see our older cousin. K does not look amused :rotfl2:

View attachment 497224

We hit a record high of 91 degrees here today!! Its crazy to think that earlier this month we had some snow flurries and freezin rain. Its supposed to get back down to the 60's and 70's later this week which will be much more tolerable. I need to order a little pool for the yard online somewhere because they are sold out EVERYWHERE around here.

Well, I hope everyone is getting some good weather and getting some fresh air. Stay safe, and I will hopefully have some more updates soon!!

Aww.....your home looks lovely!! Looks so fresh......I love that colour.

And your kids are adorable.......and yes, safe family visits must be lovely.

Also waiting to see ticket choices for HHN........good to see you.....

I hope HHN does go on. I will be arriving the day you are leaving. With SW, I get a before the crack of dawn flight down, so I may be at SF before you leave. I do have an after dinner flight back, but last 2 times SW changed to an early afternoon one. I hold out hope though.

Very cute baby, and what a houseful. Next year’s big family fun sounds perfect when still don’t have to pay for a kid.

I hope HHN does go on. I will be arriving the day you are leaving. With SW, I get a before the crack of dawn flight down, so I may be at SF before you leave. I do have an after dinner flight back, but last 2 times SW changed to an early afternoon one. I hold out hope though.

Very cute baby, and what a houseful. Next year’s big family fun sounds perfect when still don’t have to pay for a kid.
We usually do the same with Southwest, but the flights down we’re priced better with Jet Blue this time. Since my mom and dad will have the baby we wanted to get home early, so the midday SW flight worked well for us. I hope our flight doesn’t get bumped. Hopefully by September things are starting to run at a semi normal schedule again.

Hi everyone!!

View attachment 497223

View attachment 497224

I thought the BOGO offer was through June 2nd originally, I bought ours about a couple of weeks ago now, but I noticed the date for purchase was until July 22nd I believe now so gives you some added time to think it over.

I thought the BOGO offer was through June 2nd originally, I bought ours about a couple of weeks ago now, but I noticed the date for purchase was until July 22nd I believe now so gives you some added time to think it over.
Yes i did see that was extended which is great.. but usually they end the BOGO offers before an announcement about multi night tickets comes out. I hope for everyone’s sake if they’re going to do multi night tickets they let people know before there BOGO deal ends.

I’m sad to inform that there will be no more planning for this trip. We decided it was in our best interest to cancel this year.

We do still have our big family trip to Orlando planned for October next year, but that’s too far out to keep this PTR going. I’ll have to start a new one once we begin to book things for that trip. I hope you all will hop on that one when i start it!

In the mean time, we started planning a family trip to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN for next summer!

I’m sad to inform that there will be no more planning for this trip. We decided it was in our best interest to cancel this year.

We do still have our big family trip to Orlando planned for October next year, but that’s too far out to keep this PTR going. I’ll have to start a new one once we begin to book things for that trip. I hope you all will hop on that one when i start it!

In the mean time, we started planning a family trip to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN for next summer!

I`m so sorry. It can`t have been an easy decision to make. I hope you have peace with your decision though.

And we look forward to hearing your plans when you are going back to Orlando......it`ll be here before you realise. And you have a summer trip to enjoy too......sending many hugs to you :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!