Mom's solo adventure to Disney World celebrating 1st day of school for the kids

ConeyLighthouse

Brooklyn Boy
https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/mom-g...sney-world-after-dropping-kids-off-at-school/
You can never be too old for Disney World — even if you’re going solo.

Florida mom Lisa DiNoto dropped off her kids for their first day of school and then headed straight to the theme park — just over a mile from her home — all by herself.

DiNoto — who says her regular Disney visits are usually a family affair — chronicled the solo adventure on her blog, The Castle Run.

“This is what you do after you drop your kids off on the first day of school,” DiNoto wrote. “You get yourself a pin and you walk it around Magic Kingdom like some garden gnome on a world adventure.”

DiNoto told “Good Morning America” that it seemed “totally natural to pop into Magic Kingdom” after she left her two sons at school for the day.

During her trip, she donned a pin with the message, “Celebrating the 1st day of school!”

“After I grabbed the pin, I saw some of the Citizens of Main Street U.S.A. out and about and had the idea to have them hold the pin,” DiNoto said on the program. “They got such a kick out of it that I just kept going.”

The Fairy Godmother costumed character got the biggest laugh out of DiNoto’s child-free visit, she said.

“She was laughing so hard she was crying and we just started hugging and laughing together,” DiNoto said.

“She reached into her sleeve and pulled out a bag of pixie dust and handed it to me and said, ‘This is for you and only you. You use it today,’” the mom recalled. “It was one of those moments of connection that is really what the parks are all about.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter