• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Money for tween & teens?

susanw

Earning My Ears
Hi! (I'm posting this to the Teen Board too.)

I'm off to WDW for ten days at Spring Break with my own DD who will be almost 13 and her friend who is 12. I am planning to give each of the girls her own spending money for each day with which to buy food, drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc. (I'm trying to get out of the "but Mom, I really want this" arguments!)

Has anyone done this before? How much money did the kids get? I'm thinking $30.00 per day--is that too much? too little? just right? We have a few character meals and PSs scheduled but most meals will be counter service.

All advice and comments gratefully accepted! Have a Disney Day!!

I think $30 sounds like plenty for food for each day. If they budget properly they should have at least $10 left over each day for souvies and keepsakes. And if they have their own money to put towards things as well, I think your idea of $30 per day is very generous! It's nice to hear other parents putting their kids on a budget. Ours are still too small to do their own food, but we limit their spending for goodies and the like too.

Have fun on your trip! What a nice mom you are to allow your daughter to take a friend!

Are you paying for the character meals/PSs or do those come out of the $30? If you are taking care of those, then the $30 is certainly enough. If it is coming out of their $30, you may want to increase the amount a little on those days, but only $5 or so I'd say.

Otherwise, I think you have a good plan.

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter