Monkeys, Malbec and Morimoto Oh My!! A Wine-derful Food & Wine Trip Update Final Parisian Breakfast 1/21

Niki Andiokno

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Niki here again. I just got back from a Wine-derdul trip to the Food and Wine festival. This year my trip didn't work out for The Swan and Dolphin Classic, but we still had tons of great food and plenty of great wine. We had a full house this trip, with plenty of Mike's relatives visiting. Of course my buddy Captain Mark and family joined us one day. Here is the cast of characters:

Me - I am a 50 something Disney foodie. I have been in love with Disney most of my life, but did not visit until I was an adult. My favorite ride is Flight of Passage, followed by Rock and Roller Coaster as a close 2nd. I am a very adventurous eater and drinker. The only things I don't like are kimchi and gin.

Mike - My 60 something husband. He is a wine O from the word go. He loves Disney food and wine, but is not a big fan of the parks anymore. Mike is a smoker, and finds it difficult to stay in the park all day without having a cigarette. It really takes away from his enjoyment. Also, as he has aged, he has suffered from Vertigo, which rules out writing any coasters or simulated rights. His favorite ride is the Na'avi River Journey, hands down. He loves all food, including kimchi. His alcohol tastes really go toward wine, although he will branch out from time to time.

Sally - my BFF of 30 years. She loves Disney as much as I do. Sally is my Magic Kingdom buddy. Sally suffers from a seafood allergy, which will be dealt with in this dining report. Like me, she is an equal opportunity drinker. We love our cocktails as much as our wine. Flight of Passage is also her favorite ride.

Joaquin - my 38 year old nephew. Wakks is the mastermind behind the comic blog Planet Skkaw. He is the ultimate Star Wars fan, so Galexy's Edge was his favorite land. Although he is not a big fan of rides, he loves Flight of Passage and Millennium Falcon. My nephew is a stop and smell the roses kind of guy. I hope to have a bunch of great photos from him to include as we go along. As far as food, he is a closet foodie. He says that food is fuel, yet he really enjoys a good meal. He does not drink much, no matter how often we tried to prod him. I think that being part of the younger generation, he is much more healthy than I am.

Vina - My 40 something niece. She is a doctor, beautiful and super healthy. She joined us the first weekend, but had to get back home because my Grand Niece was indicted into the National Honor Society. So proud. Vina didnt go to the parks with us, preferring to hang out with family at the room. She is admittedly a foodie, and particularly lives Asian food. I will update further with some photos soon, as I seem to be having some problems.

Last edited:
Hurrah!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love your reports!! Hope that one day we will cross paths!!

Here we are.
IMG-15fcfd42bebfa5ebbaf24b3dc229b1d7-V-900x1200.jpg
And here is a picture of my hubby and his family
IMG_1824.jpg
Such good looking kids huh?

So we ate at some really fantastic places, had some amazing special events and bombed on some CS. Here is the lineup:

Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
Ronto's Roasters
Morimoto Asia dinner
MorimotoFest
Gaston's
Kabayan Grill Filipino Restaurant
Spice Road Table Mediterranean Wine Pairing
Turtle Crawl
Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery
Satu'uli Canteen
California Grill
Italian Wine Lunch at Tutto Gusto
Oga's Cantina
The Wave breakfast
Food & Wine booths
Polite Pig
Bluezoo
Parisian Breakfast at Chefs de France

Looking forward to re-living all of the yummy food we ate.

Sounds like another great trip to me. Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm especially curious to find out about the "monkey's" in your title 🐒

Our nephew arrived a couple hours before us, so he headed immediately to Galexy's Edge! He is a breakfast guy, needing to fuel up first thing. He tried Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo. He ordered Bright Suns MorningThree-Cheese Egg Bite, Pork Sausage, Purple Potato Hash, Mini Mustafarian Lava Roll. He said it was just ok. Fuel. The purple potatoes were interesting to look at, but tasted like plain bland spuds. He wouldn't go back when we suggested it for lunch. He didn't take a photo. Here is the one from Disney Food Blog.
Bright-Suns-Morning-Docking-Bay-7-Food-and-Cargo-Breakfast-009.jpg

He also drank some Blue Milk from the Milk Stand. He was not impressed with this either. He said it tasted like fruity pebbles sweet milk. Not bad, but not good.

So Galexy's Edge was 2 for 2, and not in a good way. Stay tuned to see if the rest of GE food and drinks would redeem itself.

Sounds like another great trip to me. Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm especially curious to find out about the "monkey's" in your title 🐒

Thanks for coming over from your super busy trip reports. There are a couple monkey references. I will give you a hint. There is usually wine involved.😉

We doing the omakase at Morimoto on Sunday!! We leave for WDW tomorrow night... following for any last minute recommendations.

Can't wait to read the rest! :)
Thanks for joining.

We doing the omakase at Morimoto on Sunday!! We leave for WDW tomorrow night... following for any last minute recommendations.

I LOVE all things Morimoto. I think the omakase is a pre fixe meal. I don't think you can go wrong. When we did the Morimotofest there were samples of about 20 dishes. All but the chicken skewer were outstanding. The sushi bar allowed us to have sashimi, which was fantastic. My favorite thing there is the Peking duck ramen. I am sure the duck will be on the menu.

Later on arrival day we all got hungry. Because we were still in Galexy's Edge, we decided to try Ronto's Roasters. Here was our meat cooking lol.
20191005_135028.jpg
It had received really good reviews, so I was excited to try it. The menu was really small. Surprisingly so. Sally didn't find anything that appealed to her.

Mike and I shared a Ronto Wrap,roasted pork and grilled pork sausage with peppercorn sauce and tangy slaw wrapped in pita. I was pretty disappointed in this. There was barely any roast pork on it. The sausage was ok, but I am not a huge sausage person anyway. The slaw was good and plentiful. Over all, pretty boring. Joaquin got one, and again said it was fuel.
20191005_135325.jpg
I also ordered a drink, since I had been on vacation a few hours without a drop of alcohol. Shame. I ordered a Corsucant Cooler Maker's Mark bourbon, Luxardo maraschino liqueur, sweet vermouth, cranberry, lime juice. I was really torn on this one. The good news was that it really packed a punch! There was plenty of boozy bourbon here. I like bourbon, and a good strong drink. While sweet, it wasn't too sweet. The bad news was that the drink had a weird plastic aftertaste. That was too much for my cohorts. One sip was enough for the others, and that made Sally feel heartburn-y. Oh well. If I sucked it down really fast, I would miss the fake aftertaste til the end. Sure enough it worked. It did have a bit too much ice, decreasing my enjoyment a bit. I could have had more if that drink. I did get a little buzz from it though.
20191005_135327-2268x3024.jpg

I would say this meal was a one and done for us. We had such high hopes, but it didn't meet expectations. Olga's had better be great to redeem the Galexy's Edge food scene. Follow along to find out.

After checking in at Old Key West, and a snafu with Joaquin's luggage, our niece Vina finally arrived. After getting all nice and pretty, at least us girls, we walked to the boat dock to go to Disney Springs. We all enjoyed the boat ride. That is such a nice relaxing trip. We then high tailed it to or a moto Asia!

This restaurant is so beautiful. I love the classy, upscale feel. That being said, I love the comfort food that we get here. For me, ramen is one of the most simple pleasures in life. Chef Morimoto takes ramen noodles to a whole new level. Although none of us are of Chinese or Japanese heritage, we were each able to find something on the menu that just felt like home.

We started out with a picture of saki sangria. We all loved this fruity wine.The pitcher was huge, and a good value for the price.
Morimoto-Asia-6-602x768.jpg

Vina and I ordered my ultimate comfort food, Duck Ramen, egg noodle, duck meat, scallion, soy marinated egg, cilantro. This is the perfect food. Salty broth, tender duck, creamy egg yolk adding to the richness if the sauce and yummy noodles. Just perfect!
20170603_125310-576x768-432x576.jpg
Mike ordered the other ramen. Spicy Chashu Pork Ramen,soy flavored broth, egg noodles, roasted pork, soy marinated egg, scallions. He really likes this as well. He likes it a bit spicier than served, so he always adds some chili oil the server brings him.
spicy-chashu-pork-ramen.jpg

Joaquin went with a different bowl of noodles. A5 Wagyu Pho thin sliced wagyu, thai basil, peanuts, cilantro, aromatic beef broth, rice noodles. I can't find my picture of it. I pulled this one from online, but it doesn't quite look right. Close though.morimoto-waikiki-restaurant-tsukemen.jpg

Sally went with her favorite Chinese comfort food, Orange Chicken,tempura chicken, Chinese broccoli, wok-tossed with a sweet Florida orange sauce. She gets this every time, and loves it. This looks like a small serving, but it is really large. I had some as well, and we still had leftovers for another time. The chicken is very juicy, and not at all greasy. The sweet orange sauce has alot of Florida citrus bursting through. We really appreciate that Chef Morimoto uses local ingredients, making everything taste just a little bit fresher, and a little better.
menu_item_image_1160-2448x1836.jpg
At the end of our meal, we discussed the plans for the next day. Our server overheard us, and mentioned that the next day was Morimotofest, where Chef Morimoto himself would be available to meet us!! FANTASTIC!! We didn't buy our tickets right then, but guess what we did the next day. MORIMOTOFEST!!!!

Lots of pics and details on that coming up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!