Monorail as a time saver back to DLH?

VTHappyGirl

VTHappyGirl
Does using the monorail to get from Tomorrow land to DTD to walk to DLH save any time or crowds leaving the park?

Not sure what to expect at closing and if a solid park exit strategy is needed or else you get 'stuck' at the back of the herd.

What is your experience ? TIA !

Huge time and leg saver. Just be aware it stops running at park close.

Also, you need to be IN Tomorrowland. If you are in New Orleans Square, it is quicker to exit the park than walk to Tomorrowland.

Depends on how long the line is to get on the monorail. I've had times where its taken 2 or 3 before I can get on.

If you can walk right on without much a wait in line it can save a bit of time, but usually a wash at best.

It may save some effort depending on where in the park you are but does not usually save a whole lot of time.

I find it’s not so much a time saver as a feet saver. Which I appreciate at the end of the night! But getting there before they close doesn’t always work out for me. I tend to get sidetracked along the “look how short the line for X ride is! Let’s go!!” and then I get out of the ride to a closed park so too late for monorail.

I’m a fan. We use it sometimes if we plan to walk back to the Mickey and Friends parking structure but don’t want to do Downtown Disney. A feet saver and also saves us feeling like we are swimming upstream trying to walk down Main Street as the crowds are walking in.

I find it’s not so much a time saver as a feet saver. Which I appreciate at the end of the night! But getting there before they close doesn’t always work out for me. I tend to get sidetracked along the “look how short the line for X ride is! Let’s go!!” and then I get out of the ride to a closed park so too late for monorail.
I am with @gottalovepluto on this. I never count on Monorail to save time - only feet. When it saves time that is a bonus.

There are three monorails and when all three are running things move pretty fast. When they are running two or sometimes one, it is time waster.

:wizard:

I agree with the PPs. It may or may not save you time, but it really helps tired legs and feet!

I am with @gottalovepluto on this. I never count on Monorail to save time - only feet. When it saves time that is a bonus.

There are three monorails and when all three are running things move pretty fast. When they are running two or sometimes one, it is time waster.

:wizard:
For sure! When we there at end of Sept Blue was “on vacation in Canada” according one CM. The 2 were ok but the times they were only running 1 it took forever. I like to keep an eye out to see which ones are running to gauge how long the wait might be.

I might try this entrance and exit strategy if I decide to go to the parks on December 30...everytime I try doing the Monorail it isn't running or the wait is too long.

Like others have said, get there before actual close time. They rope it off right at park closing.

But there's another thing I'll address. We did this when we stayed at DLH (only once for 3 nights). What I found is that I really missed walking into the park down Main Street USA. That's where you can fell the magic forming. I'll admit, security and entry lines were shortened quite a bit. BUT, security has moved to the other side of the Monorail, so that doesn't matter as much anymore. All that to say, it's so much more Disney-magical to take the main entrance.

I do agree that it is not a time save but just a time to relax. We use it if we are in Tomorrow land and want to get to Dtd or back to DLH or vice versa.

Thanks everyone....didn't realize the shutdown was so quick at closing so thx for the info. Think we will be ending an evening in tomorrowland on our day2 so will keep an eye out for the exit strategy.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!