Monorail Blue evacuated due to piece falling off

I take it that you don't stand in any queues for a long time in the summer in FL? Or maybe you don't go to FL when the temp is forecast to be over 95?

If the train is mobile, there are a couple of tugs that can be deployed to pull a train into a station. one of them is staged on the EPCOT line and one is at the monorail maintenance barn behind MK. Reedy Creek also has a 4x4 aerial truck bought to access monorail lines that may be out of reach for standard fire apparatus.

I am in agreement that the trains need to be replaced and are actually overdue for replacement. That blame is squarely on WDW, WDP&R and WDCo management.

Standing in line in the open air is different than being shut up in a monorail without AC. I get that there's ventilation, but still. They're completely different experiences- apples to oranges.

I live in Texas. I'm quite familiar with extreme heat, having lived here my entire life.

Gondolas cross over the East River from Manhattan to Roosevelt Island all the time in NYC although they are called trams.

They are perfectly safe.

Gondolas cross over the East River from Manhattan to Roosevelt Island all the time in NYC although they are called trams.

They are perfectly safe.
Not gondolas, aerial trams -- a common point of confusion. Both are aerial cable transportation, but very different implementations.

Not gondolas, aerial trams -- a common point of confusion. Both are aerial cable transportation, but very different implementations.

I did not know that. To me, they all look like skyway rides.

TBH though when I first read about "gondolas" being used as Disney resort transportation, I pictured gondolas like you see in Venice. I thought they were taking about boats. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter