Monorail toy

Tremaine Fans

Fans of Drizella, Anastasia and Lady Tremaine
Headed to Disney soon and I’m wondering if anyone has seen the monorail toy accessories like the contemporary hotel in any of the shops. Noticed that it’s discontinued on the shopping ap and my daughters been saving her gift card to get it.

I'd check out the Emporium on Mainstreet or even the Store in the Contemporary itself. They had a good array of options when I was there in March.

Just got back yesterday - the only accessory is the castle - it has lights and sounds of fireworks but we only got the monorail

Basically everywhere the monorail is sold - we got ours at Disney Springs in the World of Disney store but they also had them in the Christmas store - the were also on Main Street

Sadly, most of these (virtually all) have long-ago been retired.

100_0034.jpg

100_0057.jpg

100_0053.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0046.jpg

Sadly, most of these (virtually all) have long-ago been retired.

100_0034.jpg

100_0057.jpg

100_0053.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0046.jpg

OMG! Our those yours? That Poly set is amazing! We have the Contempo, and I just bought Spaceship Earth. I might need to hit up Amazon or Ebay:scratchin

It's sad the price that these things cost. The monorails themselves cost $95 now.... not long ago they were $75.... Are they still only the Orange and Blue stripes?

OMG! Our those yours? That Poly set is amazing! We have the Contempo, and I just bought Spaceship Earth. I might need to hit up Amazon or Ebay:scratchin

Yes.
(My real issue in this layout is not having enough room in the area I set it up.)

We bought the items over a period of about 3 years, or so.
(Years ago, of course.)
Then, Disney stopped issuing new items and did not keep making the ones they DID offer.

They really dropped the ball when it came to the monorail sets.

Wow that's amazing! My son would love those pieces. The other day we made a Disney layout with his wooden trains but he just pretended other things were Disney rides etc.

Agreed. I want to start a monorail set for my son. On our trip in May he was obsessed with riding the monorail, watching it pull into the station, etc. I wanted to purchase the monorail and stock up on bunch of accessories to give him over time (he’s a toddler). Was disappointed to see that all the accessories I saw over the years are discontinued. Disney missed out on a pretty big sale from me!

Because he’s so obsessed with it, I will still probably get him the monorail alone for Christmas but it would have been really nice to be able to purchase the accessory items to build it out. Maybe someday they’ll bring them back but I won’t count on it.

Our DD bought the monorail set at the outlet for $35 mid June. It was selling for$95 in the parks. The boys love it .

@Robo I love what you've done with the place!::yes:: Your Fantasmic Mickey on the Mount is especially creative. I had a similar setup sprawled across our living room floor some years ago. It was completely ridiculous but did I care? No I did not.:sunny: I think Ebay is going to be the best bet for buying the accessories. I guess maybe they did sell a lot of them which is why they discontinued the items.

Yes.
(My real issue in this layout is not having enough room in the area I set it up.)

We bought the items over a period of about 3 years, or so.
(Years ago, of course.)
Then, Disney stopped issuing new items and did not keep making the ones they DID offer.

Having enough space is always the issue with any train set. My FIL loves train sets and has some old, full metal bodies from when he was a child in Chile. When they built their current house, he had a room made specifically for his trains:) We have a small pool table that we can put ours on, but the monorail usually only comes out at xmas for around the tree. Now that we have the Contempo and Spaceship Earth, I think it might come out more often. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I really wish they would continue selling the monorail accessories too.

Wow Robo, nice collection! Have you seen the "monorail toys and collectibles" group on Facebook?

My DS has 2 Monorails, ( he calls one the MK loop, the other the Epcot loop), SSE and the Polynesian. Has always wanted the GF, but it's been discontinued for years at this point. We saw one on Ebay for like $300, so I guess that one will remain on the wish list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!