Monsters Inc. - Best wishes from the "old" DVC

DVC-Landbaron

What Would Walt Do?
OK. Hang on to your hat. LandBaron posts a positive post!

Well, not really positive, but with best wishes. For some reason or another I really like Pixar films. It probably has to do with the quality and wit that they seem to pour into their projects. And anyone with kids (mine are ages 19 to 7) knows what it's like to watch a movie over and over and over and over… Well, you get the idea. And I can watch any of the Pixar movies over and over and over and over…

So when I ran across this I thought I'd bring it here for everyone to read. I really hope this is a mega-hit. And then I wish that Ei$ner sees this and realizes that Disney could and should do the same for themselves! Of course it could backfire, with the only thing Ei$ner takes away from the experience is that it's smart to buy off the shelf products. Even though this shelf is the top shelf.

Anyway, here's the link:

Monsters Inc.

Rumors have it that Disney is attaching this trailer to 'Atlantis', so anyone going to see the movie next week will see the 'Monsters' trailer. Get your popcorn early, the trailer will be the last one shown before the movie starts.

DVC, I agree wholeheartedly. I hope it's a big hit. I hope several million folks see it and enjoy it, etc., etc., etc. But I hope it DOESN'T become a Future World attraction. If there is any rumor out there that I hope is false, it's this one.

BTW, I'm sure most of you have noticed. But, this trailer has been out there for quite some time. It's on the Dinosaur, Toy Story 2 and New Groove DVD. I'm pretty sure I saw it before Shrek, but not entirely sure.

I guess that's not really a true trailer. Just the Goodman and Crystal characters coming from the closet and doing that one scene.

Am I wrong, or did anyone else see it as part of the Shrek trailers?

---edit

Ah, now I see that was just the "teaser", not the trailer. Got to get my film-ese down.

... If we keep agreeing like this!!
But I hope it DOESN'T become a Future World attraction.
See!! We agree again!!

PS: You changed your signature. Does this mean you don't think I love you anymore? ;)

Changed it because folks on all the other boards would have no idea what, why, where and how about it. Figured it was too "inside." But, believe me, a day doesn't go by that I don't appreciate the sentiment. :)

Back to the topic, one of the things you said really rings true. My daughter is 3 1/2. We own all 39 Disney animated features and the Pixars (as well as a bunch of Disney live actions.) The re-viewability (you can make any word you want, one of the greatest things about the English language) of the Pixars is remarkable to me. I never get tired of them.

Is it just me, or was Toy Story 2 the best animated direct sequel made? It equals the first, that's really rare.

DVC, it's a shame I read this one from work...my DH would have been tickled. Here's the typical scenario at home...

ME: Honey, I just finished reading a long post from DVC-Landbaron!

DH: Uh-oh...do you need a hug?

Not that YOU depress me (on the contrary - I quite adore you!), but so many of your posts & the ensuing discussions make me get so worried about the future of my favorite place.

And yes, I am TRULY psyched to see Monsters, Inc. I am a BIG fan of the Pixar films and think this one will be no disappointment!

Gcurling - you are 100% correct on Toy Story 2. It was every bit as good as the first one. Rare, indeed!

...yeah, I thought TS2 was actually better than the original. I've collected comics for years, so I know places like Al's Toy Barn and I've met people like Al, and they make me a shade nauseous. I enjoyed the message that there is often a better purpose to be served than worshipping the dollar.

Jeff

DVC, WE FINALY AGREE! I HATE THE IDEA OF A FW ATTRACTION BASED ON MONSTERS, INC.!!!!!!

With John Goodman and Billy Crystal, how could it not be a hit.

Ditto DVC thoughts.

I live in jersey. I'm 22. Ive been to disney proably like 22 times. I went in january, just got back a week ago and i have a trip planned in august im a season pass holder. i live in New Jersey. I'm 22.

Can someone give me an email adrress or snail mail address i can write to to let Ei$ner know that i think after i try to have a great ten day stay in August with my 3 year old son(his first time), that i will no longer be freguenting HIS parks as much.

I see the magic slipping that feeling of wonderfulness everytime i walk through main street just slipping. Slipping away with no way of comming back for decades.
I will no longer WASTE money on junk that has the DISNEY name on it. When i was younger ANYTHING with DISNEY on it had to be mine. Newspaper articles clippings books about the parks anything had to be mine cause it said Disney on it. NO MORE.

It's all just slipping away. I wish a massive chain letter could be sent of not thousands but millions of disney lovers feeling the sme way letting dis management know that their brand is fading. When i go to the parks now all i see is a $ sign everywhere places it shouldnt be. I see them trying to get more of my bucks for less product.

"environmentally concious company?" i dont even believe that anymore. I see behind that and see them trying to save a buck at the expense of the magic. Poor Walt. Poor poor poor Walt. If he saw now what has become of something so pure. Poor Walt.

So does anyone know where i can write to say my buck will no longer go towrds Disney as frequently as it once did? Im a eason passholder who lives in N.J.!and am only 22 still in college. But no longer will my bucks go to Disney for the $h!tt* products. They need to put all there money into a good solid film and stop this fooilishness of crappy sequels. It's becomming pathetic.
It already is pathetic. I'll stay here and go to six flags for their crappy product and not waste as much money on airfare or hotel. DAMN SHAME.

I thought i was the ideal customer too. 22 i love the product i go at least twice a year and already have a child to follow my footsteps.bt i wont let his money go them iether my bucks stops here. we were future disney customers but now that future is honeslty not tooooooooo clear very hazy just my opinion.

So you say you're 22 and you live in New Jersey... did I get that right? :)

Sorry to hear you are so put out by WDW. Hey, are you going to go see Monsters, Inc. ??

LEFT THURSDAY GOT BACK TWO NIGHTS AGO.

DIDNT SEE ANY SMOKE HAD A BALL CROWDS WERE SMALL UNTIL THAT LAST DAY, THERE WAS KIDS ALLLLLLLL OVER. MILLIONAIRE WAS AWESOME PLAY IT!

Now, that doesn't sound like a disgruntled guest to me! :)

...when I needed to let Disney know I was unhappy with what they were doing, I got snail mail addresses for Eisner, Roy, Pressler, and Al Weiss on the WDW Blues web site: Disney addresses . The page is a bit dated (I don't think Emmer is MK head honcho anymore, but I can't remember the name of the woman who took over), but is probably a good start.

Jeff, posting for the first time as a married man.

LOL! I only know my opinions are my own when I'm told they are. He'll get use to it. :p

gcurling

i did have a great time but it seems harder and harder to block out all the negatives every time i go. I used to not have to but now i have to keep looking the other way and thinking some of it still magic and not always thought to just get more of my money.

When i go i block out all the bad and just think hey im in the happiest place in the world

monsters inc. ill doubt ill go see it what do you care when do these threads ever stay on topic?

I used to not have to but now i have to keep looking the other way and thinking some of it still magic and not always thought to just get more of my money.

You say you're 22. Maybe things have changed because you're spending your own money now instead of being able to ignore what everything costs.
WDW was expensive before you were born. ;)

Yeah, they don't stay on topic, but you did a U-turn on a 4lane highway during rush-hour. What, Can't Landbaron have an upbeat happy post? was it so disturbing that you had to make the thread do a 180?

Come on:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter