Moonlight Magic 2019?

Thinking about it I’m not really surprised. They want to do it at a quieter time of the year and before Star Wars it looks like.

Oh yes, that makes sense. I didn't think that week was too busy this year or last, but Star Wars changes everything, doesn't it?

Oh yes, that makes sense. I didn't think that week was too busy this year or last, but Star Wars changes everything, doesn't it?
It sure does and I’m guessing after overlap scheduling of the parade taping and the moonlight magic even in different parks they are not going to want a repeat on their hands for the next one.

Yes, it does. There’s no way they’ll shut down DL early for a free DVC event when it’ll be within the first year of a new land opening. That’s money walking out the door. They have done it on November 15th two years in a row which is right around when we go to DL every 2 years or so. It’s a great time to visit the parks if you can. Good weather, lighter crowds, and Christmas decorations are up. :)

I think that's fine provided you can deal with the reality that you may not get in. Last year was a hot mess and the boards are filled with rants from folks who planned trips specifically to attend events only to be closed out. Blame IT, blame management... in the end it was a very very frustrating experience for lots of people.

Mind you, these are folks who did everything right... online at the right time, had all their information ready, etc. But when you have thousands of people slamming the system at exactly the same moment... well lets just say it got pretty ugly with members calling MS to say they were online and in then dropped, they got error messages, etc. In the end there was not a thing that the poor CM could do because when the event fills, it fills... by the time you get through to MS the spaces are gone.

If you are looking to schedule extra trips to leverage your AP then go when there is an event by all means... just don't make that the reason you are going!
Ummmm ... I'll just go with, "You are not the Mom of me."

Quick Question....It says if you have a reservation before a certain date you can RSVP on an earlier date. My daughter who is a member has a trip planned for March and it falls over the HS date, but as we just bought in to DVC and she just decided to go, she is currently waitlisted for her trip. She will likely book a cash reservation at CBR in case her waitlist doesn't come through. If she has the reservation at CBR will that still meet the requirement of being able to RSVP on the earlier date? Especially if her waitlist doesn't come through on time or at all? TIA

According to this year rules, yes a cash room qualifies. However many reported having problems booking the event with a cash stay. And once you get a technical glitch, by the time it's fixed the event is full.

Ummmm ... I'll just go with, "You are not the Mom of me."
I think it is more just a cautionary tale. Last year was a slew of very angry people that booked or extended stays for MM and didn't get in. Do whatever you please, I think the idea was to just make sure you know that there is a good chance you won't get in. And if you do then :thumbsup2

I think it is more just a cautionary tale. Last year was a slew of very angry people that booked or extended stays for MM and didn't get in. Do whatever you please, I think the idea was to just make sure you know that there is a good chance you won't get in. And if you do then :thumbsup2
This is why I chose Feb 12 instead of the 5th for the MK event; if I can’t book the event on Jan 9th, I’m still in the window to cancel.

Do “ Day of” reservations count? I have a reservation that ends on a MM night. I am not willing to extend unless I get in. This year I extended with borrowed points and did not get in. Do not want to do that again.

Do “ Day of” reservations count? I have a reservation that ends on a MM night. I am not willing to extend unless I get in. This year I extended with borrowed points and did not get in. Do not want to do that again.

They do not. It has to be a “night of” reservation.

They do not. It has to be a “night of” reservation.
Not true. Disney sees your night as two days; before and until midnight on check out day. I was able to register for a moonlight date at AK with a night before reservation in 2017 but I had to call twice to get someone who actually helped.

First CM said no. I called back and explained that in every other way, Disney considers check out day a full day until midnight and 2nd CM agreed and booked it for us.

45 min waits for both calls.

But starting the second half of 2018, events sold online in 20 minutes and CM refused to do bookings by the phone anyway. Unless it's implemented in the online system, a human won't be able to help.

But starting the second half of 2018, events sold online in 20 minutes and CM refused to do bookings by the phone anyway. Unless it's implemented in the online system, a human won't be able to help.

And I believe the information this time specifically says that MS will not be able to book this - it has to be done online.

Not true. Disney sees your night as two days; before and until midnight on check out day. I was able to register for a moonlight date at AK with a night before reservation in 2017 but I had to call twice to get someone who actually helped.

First CM said no. I called back and explained that in every other way, Disney considers check out day a full day until midnight and 2nd CM agreed and booked it for us.

45 min waits for both calls.

I stand corrected.

I know this has been covered but I'm just making sure I understand this...I have a resort res for 3 people. When I try for MM tickets can I still request 4? My mom is staying offsite, although she is also DVC, but would like to go if we can get in. I'm not capped at 3 tickets since there are only 3 on our reservation, am I? I will also have her try when general booking opens for dvc but I'm not optimistic there will be any tickets left by then.
Edited to clarify I am dvc staying dvc for the event.

I know this has been covered but I'm just making sure I understand this...I have a resort res for 3 people. When I try for MM tickets can I still request 4? My mom is staying offsite, although she is also DVC, but would like to go if we can get in. I'm not capped at 3 tickets since there are only 3 on our reservation, am I? I will also have her try when general booking opens for dvc but I'm not optimistic there will be any tickets left by then.
You should be able to register for a total of 4 even with only 3 listed on the room.

You could add her name to the DVC resort reservation, to remove any doubt. That will allow her all onsite privileges (like MB). DVC reservations don’t charge for extra adults like cash reservations do.

You could add her name to the DVC resort reservation, to remove any doubt. That will allow her all onsite privileges (like MB). DVC reservations don’t charge for extra adults like cash reservations do.
If they were doing a dining plan, they would need to pay for the additional individual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter