Moonlight Magic at Disney's Califonia Adventure - November 14th

See you all there, we have our registration confirmation! The last DCA event was not my favorite, but we were already going for that weekend so just shifted things a bit to be able to attend.

We've never been to a Moonlight Magic ... we've missed out all these years :(

But we got tickets for this one. Is it worth it? We would have to fly in .. trying to see if it worth our time. TIA! :)

I just booked on a whim, too as I've never attended and happen to be free that night. I will check airfare and hotel next to see if we can swing it - curious to hear what others thought of the last event. We did Avengers party and Oogie Boogie this last year - so our last two Anaheim trips were only to DCA and only for special event parties.

We've never been to a Moonlight Magic ... we've missed out all these years :(

But we got tickets for this one. Is it worth it? We would have to fly in .. trying to see if it worth our time. TIA! :)
I responded to this same question in another thread. See: #36

I just booked on a whim, too as I've never attended and happen to be free that night. I will check airfare and hotel next to see if we can swing it - curious to hear what others thought of the last event. We did Avengers party and Oogie Boogie this last year - so our last two Anaheim trips were only to DCA and only for special event parties.

It's hard to say. I've been to three Moonlight Magic events so far, one in DS, DLR and the one at DCA last year. The one in DCA was very disorganized. The line for check-in was abysmally long and same for trying to redeem our quick service meal voucher at Flo's. My experience at the two other events I attended was much better. These are complimentary events so I didn't complain, pluase I'm a California local and AP-holder but I did feel badly for folks who had to travel or don't visit DCA often. That being said, I did register for this one because Disney usually tries to learn from their mistakes most of time and they make adjustments. We shall see.

I had a similar experience to Castillo Mom on last years' DCA Moonlight Magic.
We checked in for the event at the Grand Cal. The line was extremely long and painfully slow. Once in the park, the line for food was also extremely long and painfully slow. When we ordered our food we were told we could only order certain things (none of which anyone cared to eat). The lines to get on the rides were very long and quite disappointing. The one bright spot was the lines for the snacks moved pretty efficiently. We didn't stay for the entire event, so I don't know if things improved after we left.

I also attended the Moonlight Magic at Disneyland this past January. This was very different. They mailed us tickets in advance and this greatly improved the process. We did have some lines for food, but nothing horrible. We were given a certain amount to spend on a voucher and we could order whatever we wanted. (If we went over the amount of the voucher, then we paid the difference). The lines for the attractions were a lot shorter.

So, hopefully the DCA Moonlight Magic this year will go much more smoothly than the one last year.

I picked up 2 event tickets first and then looked at the possibility of actually attending! We have to come from the Portland, Oregon area so it's either a very loooong drive or a short flight. Fortunately, I got cheap basic flights with Delta into LAX and $79/night dive motel on S Harbor :) It looks like Uber/Lyft may be a challenge from LAX though....

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing DCA decked out for the Holidays again and possible watching World of Color - Season of Light. I loved it a few years ago and was sad that WOC didn't get up and running last year. I just wish I had a crystal ball and knew if I'll be able to grab a FP for the show when we enter at 6pm.

I just received our tickets in the mail!

ETA: we received a physical ticket for each registered member of our party and one physical complementary parking voucher.

Last edited:
Do you know if the tickets can be scanned into the Disneyland app?

I just scanned them in and assigned them to my husband and myself. They just show up as 1-day tickets though and does not mention the event, unlike the OBB tickets that I had previously that said they were specifically tickets for that event, although I am sure the tickets will only be able to be used for the MM event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!