Moonlight Magic at HS queue

I know lots of people like the que, but I am super frustrated. When I first logged in right at 9:00, I was number 2228. I waited and watched the countdown. It said it was my turn, but it never redirected me to the site where you sign up. Finally after 10 min. I hit refresh, it put me back in line at number 808. In the meantime, I logged in on another computer. I was number 808 on that computer and it counted down to 603. the line is now paused. Ugggghhh.. I have now been dealing with this for 45 min. rather than working.

@Crystal824 this is cake compared to last year.

I attached what the queue page looked like in 2018 before 9 am ET (I’m 8 am CT).

No updates, no countdowns. Just refresh, refresh, and the lovely error, “the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.”

People waited 40 minutes before being told it was sold out.

AC2088A2-5FAD-44E0-9471-DAAB73003FE2.png

Message last updated: 10:35 AM

As the available spots drop like the Tower of Terror, we are evaluating how many people can come in for the night. We may periodically pause the queue until we fill to capacity.

Message last updated: 10:42 AM

Availability is EXTREMELY limited for March 20. There are still limited spots available for March 27. We will update you shortly.

Message last updated: 10:48 AM

Like a sellout night to Fantasmic!, Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 20 has reached full capacity. Please exit the queue if you were waiting to register for Moonlight Magic on March 20. Please visit disneyvacationclub.com for details about other Member offerings and exclusive experiences available as part of Membership Magic. Registrations for March 27 are still available.

Message last updated: 10:57 AM

Like the trading-pin lanyards of Disney’s biggest fans, this year’s Moonlight Magic events at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have reached full capacity. Please visit disneyvacationclub.com for details about other Member offerings and exclusive experiences available as part of Membership Magic.

Important Notice
Welcome Home!
Pre-Registration for Guests with Resort Reservations has ended.
Event Registration for all Guests begins on
Thursday, February 21, 2019, at 9:00am ET
(8:00am Central Time, 7:00am Mountain Time, 6:00am Pacific Time,
3:00am Hawaii Time, 5:00am Alaskan Daylight Time, 10:00pm Japan Time)

I attached what the queue page looked like in 2018 before 9 am ET (I’m 8 am CT).

No updates, no countdowns. Just refresh, refresh, and the lovely error, “the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.”

View attachment 382318

I dealt with last year too. It was somewhat of a pain I remember, but I don't think it took me quite as long last year as this year. I think it only took about 10-15 min, but you are right you didn't know where you were. We didn't do DHS last year, we did AK in April. Guess I got lucky last year, and this was my year to be frustrated.

Thank you all for the information on how to register; this will be our first membership magic event! GOOD LUCK to all! I had to call MS this morning about something else, but while on the phone I asked for the August AK Membership Magic event if there is specific information as to when it starts? Surprised that specific information on start and end time wouldn't be posted on the Membership website?:confused: I'm sure all the details are set way in advance. She said that she thinks it will be in the evening probably around 9PM since it is summer? Thanks in advance.:goodvibes

Yes, I got in. It took over an hour. We didn't plan our trip around this, but once we found out it was happening we were all looking forward to it. We were able to do AK last year, and it was fun. Definitely a stressful morning.

Yeah my wife and I game planned it like a military assault. I also did not plan our trip around this, but are so happy to get it. We now actually get to go on a date and ride Rockin Rollercoaster because her parents are watching the kids . Worth every bit of stress to me this morning because now I get spend the next month and a half looking forward to it.

I rarely post,but I wanted to share my experience this morning that I felt was very odd.

I had my phone and my computer both on the reservation website. At the 20 second countdown I am watching both. Computer is still counting down when my phone says I’m number 48 or so. Then the countdown hits on my computer and says I am 2240 or so. I was registered in less than 10 minutes on my phone and exited my computer.

View attachment 382318

I take my complaining from this morning back! This looks a 1000% worse than today.

I dealt with last year too. It was somewhat of a pain I remember, but I don't think it took me quite as long last year as this year. I think it only took about 10-15 min, but you are right you didn't know where you were. We didn't do DHS last year, we did AK in April. Guess I got lucky last year, and this was my year to be frustrated.

I believe similar browser glitches happened last year leaving people out mid-queue.

Imo, the only reason I was successful last year for DHS was because I had 2 browsers open. As for the other events, I can’t compare experiences since DHS was the only event we registered for. Perhaps AK has a higher park capacity? I’m not sure.

We registered 3 separate events in 2017 (AK, DL, Epcot)...complete breeze. However, registrations weren’t properly vetted.

I’m glad you got through :thumbsup2

I take my complaining from this morning back! This looks a 1000% worse than today.

I know for DHS it was :scared: I can’t speak for the other parks.

I believe similar browser glitches happened last year leaving people out mid-queue.

Imo, the only reason I was successful last year for DHS was because I had 2 browsers open.

I will be doing this in the future should we be lucky enough to plan a trip where an event happens. I'm not sure why I didn't do this from the get go. I was working from home and had my work laptop open and using my home computer to try to sign up. They were literally both right there. I should have just used both. I think I was thinking I will try and get some work done while I am in a virtual line, which didn't happen.

Wow, so sorry for those that had technical difficulties. Wife and I were actually in a doctor's waiting room when the queue opened, we got our spots in line and were able to register within a couple minutes. Really looking forward to trying this event on the 20th of March.

Just wanted to share my experience. Was on 10 min early. Kept refreshing page at 8:59. Didn’t get the RSVP online message until 9:01. Was like 2380 in line. Was in queue about half hour. Got registered around 9:30. I fell like if you were in the queue by 9:05 you got it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter