Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon

I was very disappointed in the event this year. We went on the July 5th event. It was very busy. Asked where Genie was going to be early. Put stuff down got in line early. Brochure said character would be out at 8:30. Genie gets out at 8:50. Gotten bitten up while waiting. Photopass picture you had to pay for. Beverages water or lemon aid, so water an only option for those needing low/no carb option no lite lemon aid. Ice cream DD got was all melted. Lines were very long for all the rides. Should not have had to go searching then wait in line for towels. Bus was freezing and stopped at multiple resorts.

We went to the event last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. Got in at ~7pm, grabbed a couple chairs and headed over to Miss Adventure Falls. This was the longest wait of the night at about 25 mins but was a good kick off. Other rides had varied lines but none too long for us or our 4 year old. Floated around the lazy river and grabbed some ice creams and snacks. Seats and snacks were plentiful from what we saw. We only met Genie and not Donald or Sebastian, but the line was less than 10 mins. Hit the wave pool and enjoyed the atmosphere and found a bus back to BLT waiting for us at the stop around 10:30. Overall, we had a blast and didn't find it overly crowded, and water parks aren't typically in our plans (although now with the Platinum Plus Pass deal that may change.)

We went to the event last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. Got in at ~7pm, grabbed a couple chairs and headed over to Miss Adventure Falls. This was the longest wait of the night at about 25 mins but was a good kick off. Other rides had varied lines but none too long for us or our 4 year old. Floated around the lazy river and grabbed some ice creams and snacks. Seats and snacks were plentiful from what we saw. We only met Genie and not Donald or Sebastian, but the line was less than 10 mins. Hit the wave pool and enjoyed the atmosphere and found a bus back to BLT waiting for us at the stop around 10:30. Overall, we had a blast and didn't find it overly crowded, and water parks aren't typically in our plans (although now with the Platinum Plus Pass deal that may change.)
Our experience was much like yours last Wednesday. We thoroughly enjoyed the lazy river, Wave pool, snacks, dance party, and got a few pictures with Genie!

We are going tomorrow night. Hoping for no crowds as well.

I've seen this asked but nou answered. Can someone tell me where the 3 characters are located and what time they start greeting?

I was very disappointed in the event this year. We went on the July 5th event. It was very busy. Asked where Genie was going to be early. Put stuff down got in line early. Brochure said character would be out at 8:30. Genie gets out at 8:50. Gotten bitten up while waiting. Photopass picture you had to pay for. Beverages water or lemon aid, so water an only option for those needing low/no carb option no lite lemon aid. Ice cream DD got was all melted. Lines were very long for all the rides. Should not have had to go searching then wait in line for towels. Bus was freezing and stopped at multiple resorts.

Can you clarify the part about paying for pictures. Do you have AP that includes pictures or memory maker?

Ok I was at the July 5th event and I have to say this was the worst it was a complete waste of time. I was so excited to finally get to attend a dvc event and boy what a joke. It was worse then a summer Saturday I was told. This just burns me up that dvc wastes our money on these events bc you all know we end up paying for it one way or another in either higher fees or the fact nownpoints costs 175ish. I wish they would stop this crap give us real ticket deals and not 2 free days that is really only like 30ish bucks or a discounted pass that most of us don't really need or can take full advantage of anyone who buys into this now at full prices for the "perks" is on full Disney koolaid. I know I sound pissed but I actually was looking forward to this event and was just disappointed.

We also attended the July 5th event. I had read that it would be crowded on FB but had assumed some of what I had read was exaggeration....but no, not really. It was packed. We checked in at SSR right at 6:30 and caught the bus around 7:00ish I guess. It made another stop at OKW. I suppose we were there by around 7:00. Stopped for towels and a pin to commemorate the event and took a few minutes to decide where to put our things....ended up over near the wave pool...then we went to find food bcuz DS was hungry and DH thought we should eat first... Found Miss Adventure Falls before we found food so we did that first off but the line at that early on time was like 40 minutes!! I was bummed that we spent that long right off the bat waiting in line and with that long of a wait we didn't go back to do it again. Then we ate...then did Crushin' Gusher. I did 2 of the 3 slides then while DH & DS did the last one I got in line to wait for Sebastian bcuz the line was pretty long for him. I got up to the front then had to let a couple of families go while I was waiting for my guys to come...then as soon as I saw them coming but before they got there Sebastian took his break.:( DOH!! Finally got pics with him then it was already like 9:45 or almost 10:00 or something like that. DS wanted to go do some of the body slides (which I'm OK skipping) so I went back to the chairs. I took a quick dip in the wave pool then laid down with a towel as a blanket to take a cat nap. We had given DS 45 minutes to "be back". He took every minute of it and didn't show up until they were shutting down and chasing everyone out. So really, in all that time all I got done was Miss Adventure and 2 of the 3 rafts on Crushin' Gusher and I ate a small pizza & a Mickey Bar. Not exactly an overly productive evening...wish they had announced the new upgrade to the Platinum pass before our event so we could have gone in earlier. THAT would have nice....

I guess since it was FREE I shouldn't complain - but I do feel like it was sorta "over sold". I mean every chair was taken so you know it was a packed park. We had fun but might have had MORE fun with fewer people...

Late to the thread, but I was at the July 13 event and it was awesome! We picked up our wristbands at SSR at 6PM, hopped a bus to DS, got the transfer bus, and arrived at TL at about 6:45. They looked at our wristbands and let us right in! We were able to ride Miss Adventure Falls twice and all 3 Crush n Gusher slides within an hour, then got into the lazy river and floated around until the snacks came out at 8:30. Plenty of goodies, constantly replenished, and minimal wait. We spent the next few hours back in the lazy river, riding a few other slides (with no more than a 15-20 minute wait for any of them), and having a few more snacks. Got tired and left around 11, and took the direct bus back to SSR. Probably wouldn't travel specifically for one of the other park events because we can go to those anytime, but we don't have water park passes so this was a real treat.

I guess since it was FREE I shouldn't complain - but I do feel like it was sorta "over sold". I mean every chair was taken so you know it was a packed park. We had fun but might have had MORE fun with fewer people...

We were also there on July 5th. There were dozens of empty chairs on the side by Typhoon Tilly's snack location and the body slides. Probably the other side of the park, too. Everyone wanted to drop their stuff right by the wave pool or Crush N Gusher, so those locations filled. Others did not.

As for the wait times, we got in line for Crush N Gusher first and after waiting 20 minutes for that first ride, my natural reaction was "let's do something else..these crowds will thin later." And they did. For the next couple hours, we stuck to the lazy river and 5-10 minute waits for the body slides. Our kids walked over to the tubes. By 10pm, the line for Miss Adventure Falls appeared to be 15 minutes or less. Our kids got in line shortly before the event ended and they were on-and-done in no more than 15 min. CnG was also much shorter late. Our chairs were within view of the Sebastian meet and greet and my wife and I wandered over around 11pm when we noticed only 2 others in line.

We went on July 13th. Picked up our bands at 6:00 at the Bwv desk. Drove over to TL and had no problem getting a good parking spot. Got a locker and some towels. Grabbed a couple of chairs under a straw umbrella and rode a few slides and both family rides, then lazy river. No problem with snack lines. Lots of empty chairs all around us. The grandkids were gone most of the time. Everyone near us were friendly. We didn't think it was too crowded at all. Spent some time watching the dancing at the dj. Didn't do any meet and greets. Stayed until 10:30 and headed back to Bwv. Overall everyone had a great time. glad to see the bar was opened! Lol

Our APs expired on June 30th so not included. I do think that the 5th was more crowded because of being a holiday week.

Attendance was capped and every night of Moonlight Magic reached sellout. So seems that a variance in attendance would only exist if there were fewer no-shows on certain days.

As for the photos, I'm pretty sure they allowed free downloads of MM character pics last year even if you didn't purchase the photo download products. But we have APs this year so no way to test.

We have APs too, and the Genie photographer took lots of pictures.

We three adults had such a great time, I would be tempted to go down just for a party. We had smiles on our faces as we were leaving, and asked a CM to take a picture with us by the alligator that greets you near the entrance. He did so willingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter