Moonlight Magic emails

Capang

DIS Veteran
I'm staying on my points at CCV (home resort) while a MM event is taking place at Epcot. I know they send emails to register but does anyone know how far in advance those emails are sent out? Or can I just log in to my DVC account the morning of registration and find a link to register? Thanks!

I received my invitation email the night before registration for the AK MM events opened. For the Disneyland event last November we just used the registration tab on the member site if I’m remembering correctly. Good luck!

I received my invitation email the night before registration for the AK MM events opened. For the Disneyland event last November we just used the registration tab on the member site if I’m remembering correctly. Good luck!
Thanks! I'm hoping since I have a reservation at my home resort I will get an email....but that means I'm trusting Disney tech....and we all know how that goes.:sad2:

Thanks! I'm hoping since I have a reservation at my home resort I will get an email....but that means I'm trusting Disney tech....and we all know how that goes.:sad2:

Exactly! I’d recommend having an alarm/reminder set so you don’t need to rely on Disney just in case....:thumbsup2

What time in the mornings does the registration open for these events? I use a hotmail account and don't usually receive emails. We are also there during an Epcot MM event and I want to go online to book but wasn't sure what time it opens?

I don't think they give a big enough window prior to the events. I voiced my opinion on a DVC facebook page that giving 30 - 60 days notice is not enough. That puts us in a position to have to be lucky enough to have a stay already booked for the event. I received an email in early December for the MK dates in January and February. Without a room already booked there is NO way I am getting a reservation less than 60 days out. Makes in impossible to attend unless you just happen to have a reservation.

They should announce the dates well in advance for those of us that would book a room to attend.

I don't think they give a big enough window prior to the events. I voiced my opinion on a DVC facebook page that giving 30 - 60 days notice is not enough. That puts us in a position to have to be lucky enough to have a stay already booked for the event. I received an email in early December for the MK dates in January and February. Without a room already booked there is NO way I am getting a reservation less than 60 days out. Makes in impossible to attend unless you just happen to have a reservation.

They should announce the dates well in advance for those of us that would book a room to attend.
They did announce them a while ago. Like in January maybe? We already had our trip booked for July and added a day to include MM at Epcot.

With the typhoon lagoon one recently I never got an email about it. Registration opened at 9am and I was ready to go at that time. However, it took about 30 minutes to get the website to process my request because it was acting up.

They did announce them a while ago. Like in January maybe? We already had our trip booked for July and added a day to include MM at Epcot.

Yes, it seems they took what I am sure were many suggestions last year to announce things early for this year!

Also, posted on member website along with other perks

With the typhoon lagoon one recently I never got an email about it. Registration opened at 9am and I was ready to go at that time. However, it took about 30 minutes to get the website to process my request because it was acting up.
Of course it was acting up! Would be too easy otherwise. ;)

The full schedule for 2018 was published in November 2017. It's probably not going to get any better than that.

I never received any emails about MM so I contacted dvc who claimed my privacy settings for how to contact me wouldnt allow it and I needed to change them. I went online and they were all already set to receive emails. For some reason I just don’t get the MM emails but just went online and signed up anyway.

The full schedule for 2018 was published in November 2017. It's probably not going to get any better than that.

You are 100% correct. But when the MK events are in January and Early February and you haven't already booked (because you didn't know prior to that when the events are). Good luck getting a room on points, Believe me I tried every day. Other than a 2 br or grand villa, We need a studio. So with the current system you would have to be lucky enough to have booked in advance and happen to catch one of the events.

You are 100% correct. But when the MK events are in January and Early February and you haven't already booked (because you didn't know prior to that when the events are). Good luck getting a room on points, Believe me I tried every day. Other than a 2 br or grand villa, We need a studio. So with the current system you would have to be lucky enough to have booked in advance and happen to catch one of the events.

Understood. But again, I don't think it's going to get much better than it is now. It's not just DVC wanting to hold the event, it's a matter of Magic Kingdom execs committing to turn over the park.

At the end of the day, all of the DVC villas are filled so the same number of members will get to enjoy these events regardless of when announced. There will always be a huge element of chance when it comes to specific dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter