Moonlight Magic Help

teachertink

Mouseketeer
This question is in regards to Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom on Feb. 11. We have a current cash reservation that we will be changing that is associated with our Moonlight Magic reservation for 10 people. We have now decided to book a Grand Villa for 12 as more people are coming. Are we going to be able to do this in regard to our Moonlight Magic reservation? Will we lose it? Can the extra 2 people attend?

You should be able to switch, but the two additional people would need tickets to attend and I believe tickets are no longer available for that date. So no on that.

It is not just having a room but also the tickets.

This question is in regards to Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom on Feb. 11. We have a current cash reservation that we will be changing that is associated with our Moonlight Magic reservation for 10 people. We have now decided to book a Grand Villa for 12 as more people are coming. Are we going to be able to do this in regard to our Moonlight Magic reservation? Will we lose it? Can the extra 2 people attend?
I would actually call. Changes might result in lost reservations for MM. If tickets get lost in the switch chances are they won’t be able to be recovered. And yes, as stated above, the 2 extra will not be able to attend. The event is sold out and Member Services cannot make tickets available in some pixie dusted way.

I would say call MS to make those changes for you. Don't attempt to make changes yourself online....I am quite sure if you lose them....even your 10 original people won't have a reservation. We have a 2 bdrm booked for later February that was booked months and months ago....with every intention of having 7 people at least for a portion of our trip...why else would I book a 2 bdrm at Kidani (where the 1 bdrms sleep 5 and have 2 baths??) for 3 adults, a teenager and a 6 year old? I just didn't know how many days/which days the other 2 adults in our party would be there. I added them the day before Moonlight Magic reservations opened for our dates. I did not realize they had to be added to DVC reservation at least 48 hours prior to MM registration. If I had, I would have just added them for the entire trip when I made the initial reservation. Anyway, long story short......even though I called MS the day the reservations opened for MM for members with DVC reservations....when the system would not allow me to make reservations for 7.......they refused to do anything......I spoke with multiple people....supervisors/managers....spent approximately two hours on the phone. So...as I say.....please call MS....don't attempt to make any changes on your own......and don't be surprised when they tell you there is nothing they can do. I have already decided any future reservations I make will have a name attached to the allowable limit for that room so if a member event is scheduled after I have the DVC reservation booked.....I will never have this issue again.

If I had, I would have just added them for the entire trip when I made the initial reservation. Anyway, long story short......even though I called MS the day the reservations opened for MM for members with DVC reservations....when the system would not allow me to make reservations for 7.......they refused to do anything......I spoke with multiple people....supervisors/managers....spent approximately two hours on the phone.

...the terms for MM say 48 hours. I'm not sure why you expected an exception because you didn't read it?

I did not receive the DVC email, when they sent the email with the link to the newly announced dates for 2020. I do have a reservation during one of the MK party dates, and it was not newly booked. (I have 4 nights at Pop and then 2 at VGF on points). But the party is on a Pop night. I called and they told me that somehow my reservation may not be recognized, and to call back Monday January 6 (next week), to have them check to see if my reservation shows on the list as eligible. No idea why the glitch, (I am a blue card owner). They gave me a direct extension to use, which is helpful.

I know you can register thru the website as well as the email link, but if I am not in the "eligible" pool, I won't be able to do that either. Hopefully I am now in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter