More bad behavior at WDW

Epcotfan64

Epcot Fan
I’ve posted before about guests’ manners. I went to both DHS and Epcot today.

At DHS I witnessed countless people smoking outside of the designated smoking areas. Many other guests were using e-cigarettes anywhere they pleased. Don’t private property rights trump their desire to build back up their blood nicotine levels?

At Epcot I witnessed a father--directly in front of a sign in World Showcase asking guests not to feed animals--open up a small package of Cheez-It crackers and give some to his sons, encouraging them to do exactly the opposite of what the sign asks guests not to do. I took a picture.

Back at DHS, I went to the Frozen sing-a-long and took a seat in the rafters at the highest level for the 4:45 PM show. Five women took seats to my right, in the corner. During the show, several of those women let out such high-pitched, 120-decibel shrieks that I thought my right eardrum was going to burst. Clearly, they were intoxicated and wanted to make sure everyone in the building knew where those screams were coming from.

In the parking lot of DHS on my way out, I saw a vehicle parked against the direction of all other vehicles. The vehicle had a FL license plate—no surprise there. I took a picture.

While driving out of DHS, where the exit lanes have a speed limit of 15 mph, a driver in a Honda Civic attempted to pass me at high speed. By that time, I had just about had enough, and decided I wasn’t going to let her pass me. She put her hand on her horn right as an Orange County sheriff’s vehicle merged into the left lane. For some strange reason the driver then slowed down, backed away from tailgating me, and drove safely out of the park.
I got my first annual pass in 2006, and it seems that guests’ behavior has gotten much worse since then. I think there are two causes:

1. The proliferation of alcoholic beverages in the parks. Indeed, in Epcot I saw several people with custom shirts with a list of every country in Epcot, with a check box next to each one. It was each wearer’s goal to blow $100+ on alcoholic beverages while one of his or her buddies pulled out a marker to check off the next country’s alcoholic drink. What an accomplishment, huh, letting everyone know you plan to get smashed (or are already smashed) and actually documenting it. Their parents must be proud. Most guests in general at DHS and Epcot seem to have alcoholic drinks in their hands.

2. Disney employees not cracking down on infractions. I realize most Disney guests have paid much more for their time in the parks than I have ($516), but that doesn’t entitle them to behave badly. Their actions need to be addressed much more aggressively by cast members and, if necessary, Disney security.

While I was going to renew my annual pass this year, I’ve decided to buy one for Universal Studios instead. Yeah, I’m sure I’ll see some bad behavior there, too, but the annual pass at Universal is half of what a Disney annual pass costs.

Any thoughts? What are your experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter