• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More bad news for those waiting for a DVC expansion to DL

I'm still optimistic that construction of a DL DVC will be announced in the next year.

I am too. I think it's funny that the original poster zeroed in on a quote from the one negative internet source, when 5 other sources, including the LA Times (one of the largest papers in the world) say otherwise. I guess it goes along with the old saying "Bad news sells"

I am too. I think it's funny that the original poster zeroed in on a quote from the one negative internet source, when 5 other sources, including the LA Times (one of the largest papers in the world) say otherwise. I guess it goes along with the old saying "Bad news sells"

Well, look at the site that the quote is from. Not one of the more accurate Disney sites out there. Interesting articles but take it all with a grain of salt.

-Matt

You are correct, before 1999 that was the case, now it is not, In large part because WDW has been building at a furious pace. However, part of POP Century is still unoccupied. I was not knocking WDW. DLR's Occupancy rates will always be High, 3 hotels cannot keep up with the demand of 20 million visitors a year.

That may be, but DL is still not primarily a destination resort, and perhaps never will be due to being pretty much landlocked. To some extent, WDW had to be much more self-contained than DL is. Unlike WDW, the parks at DL are walkable from some of the off-site hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter