More Cali Grill Brunch questions

Soooo this post has started to get me a little paranoid (with a slight glimmer of hope though) that if I do not make my reservation right at 180 days at 7am on the dot I will be out of luck. Is that the case? I plan on trying right at my 180 days and right at 7am so I am hoping they are all not gone withing a couple of minutes.

If you are staying on site (and thus can book at 180+10 days) the day of your trip that you want the ADR for has a big effect. 12/2 is only our second day of our trip and they were all gone when I made ADRs at 6 am at 180 days. We leave 12/9 and I’m sure I could’ve gotten it for that day at 180 days, but we drive the 8 hours home so we leave out really early.

I’m also hoping that some people are holding onto multiple reservations and will cancel today or tomorrow. I’d also imagine some people decide not to do it because of cost and end up dropping it last minute.. another reason why I think this should be prepaid.

ETA: I did this brunch on our wedding/honeymoon trip back in late April/early May and was able to get it at 6 am for day 4 of our trip. We checked in on a Thursday that time.

Last edited:
If you are staying on site (and thus can book at 180+10 days) the day of your trip that you want the ADR for has a big effect. 12/2 is only our second day of our trip and they were all gone when I made ADRs at 6 am at 180 days. We leave 12/9 and I’m sure I could’ve gotten it for that day at 180 days, but we drive the 8 hours home so we leave out really early.

I’m also hoping that some people are holding onto multiple reservations and will cancel today or tomorrow. I’d also imagine some people decide not to do it because of cost and end up dropping it last minute.. another reason why I think this should be prepaid.
Prepaid reservations do help to make people feel more "attached" to their plans yet still can be canceled and all funds returned as long as they follow the policy.

Last year I canceled a large party pre-paid reservation for M. Paul's NYE celebration on the same day and got back all my money. I simply explained that in addition to catching the flu/a cold during my trip I'd been asking (well documented) for a copy of the menu for several months prior to the date w/o success.
I'm confident others gladly took our place that night.

Since you are close to your wanted ADR try looking hourly for the ADR online. Worked perfectly for me even though I'd set up restaurant finders on 2 sites.

Prepaid reservations do help to make people feel more "attached" to their plans yet still can be canceled and all funds returned as long as they follow the policy.

Last year I canceled a large party pre-paid reservation for M. Paul's NYE celebration on the same day and got back all my money. I simply explained that in addition to catching the flu/a cold during my trip I'd been asking (well documented) for a copy of the menu for several months prior to the date w/o success.
I'm confident others gladly took our place that night.

Yeah and I think it would keep some people from booking multiple times on the same day for the sake of having a choice up until the day before. I also wonder how many people do this without knowing how much it is. I’m honestly surprised about how hard it is to get given the price.

ETA: I did this brunch on our wedding/honeymoon trip back in late April/early May and was able to get it at 6 am for day 4 of our trip. We checked in on a Thursday that time.

So this might be a weird question (and a bit off topic sorry), but if I look right now the park hours calendar goes up to May 29th, which is 180 days from today. So if I was staying 180+10, how would I know the park hours for those extra 10 days? I would think the park hours are needed to know when I can make a reservation no?

Just a heads up: TP doesn't have a "Brunch" listing for CG which is a tad annoying. I set up 2 searches on the same day; one for "Breakfast" and the other for "Lunch" to cover all my bases.

That’s right, the other site has a brunch option. I had that set as well, but it alerted me 20 mins after TP.

I also had the alert set for 11:30 am. The one that came through Tuesday night was for 11:25 am but I went to bed early that night and missed it. I think my mistake was setting the alert for 3 instead of 4. Even though we only have 3 it looks like it’s easier to get a table for 4. I now have 8 alerts set for a variety of times and party sizes through 2 websites and have yet to get anything. Fingers crossed something opens by tomorrow!!

Yes, 11:25 am for 4 came via text Tuesday night at 9:57 pm.

However, I also received (2) 10:30 am alerts via email (no text) at 8:41 at 9:57 pm.

Not sure why the different alert methods.

(Ftr - I have only one slot booked. I just played around with searches to see my options.)

That’s right, the other site has a brunch option. I had that set as well, but it alerted me 20 mins after TP.

Yes, 11:25 am for 4 came via text Tuesday night at 9:57 pm.

However, I also received (2) 10:30 am alerts via email (no text) at 8:41 at 9:57 pm.

Not sure why the different alert methods.

(Ftr - I have only one slot booked. I just played around with searches to see my options.)

Interesting.. I received the alert from TP for the 11:25 am reservation at 10:02 pm via text and email. I wonder what causes the delay (9:57 pm vs 10:02 pm)

After reading this thread, I signed up for a TP aler for 12/09 and 20 mins later, BAM! Snagge one! :) Thanks guys, I think you brought me good luck!!!:yay:

You won't know until closer for 100%. Touring Plans etc., will give you approximate times, but even they changed about 30 days before our last trip.

I assume then they wont allow me to make a reservation for a time that the park the restaurant is in will let me in right? Haha.

Hoping I can score a reservation for our summer 19 trip! Had one last year but due to flight complications had to cancel and was SO sad!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter