More dining options near SSR?!

SaratogaShan

DIS Veteran
Today's mouseplanet article talked about the Pleasure Island rehab......demolition of some structures to be replaced with "contract" restaurants. Also, possibly a restaurant between cirque and SSR. Sounds like there will be PLENTY of nearby dining options if this is true. YEAH! :cool1:

Shan

Do any members staying at SSR take the boat to OKW for Olivia's? Do any of the OKW regulars notice a difference in the amount of people at Olivia's? It seems this would be be a nice alternative to walking to DTD, especially with Olivia's reputation for good food.

I read the report on Mouse Planet (it was worth the one day delay!)

I am very interested as over the years I will prefer restaurants to night clubs.

We can now spend our time trying to guess which "contracted" restaurant will come to DTD. This should be a good game.

Susan

We took the boat to Olivia's last trip from SSR and had a lovely meal there. Though I can't say it was busy - I think it was just us and one other table!

From that same article was the following:

"Responding to complaints that guests at the Saratoga Springs Resort are paying for a top-level resort but don't even have a full-service dining location, Disney is expanding the dining options at The Turf Club. To start, the menu will be expanded this month to include items such as crab-cake bites, barbecued chicken tenders, hamburgers and a grilled salmon BLT. Eventually the location will be renamed to The Turf Club Bar & Grill by next summer, when construction and furnishing of an expanded table-service dining area is completed."

So it looks like onsite dining for SSR will improve and expand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter