More feet problems

honeymo78

Don't dream it, be it
I have gone to Disney over 13 times ranging from March - October and every time I can remember I have gotten horrible blisters all over my feet, especially on the toes, ball and heel area. I went to a foot doctor who really couldn't give much help. I mainly have worn sneakers that I have been comfortable in before leaving. It has gotten so bad while I am there that my mom has gotten me a wheelchair since I couldn't walk. I'm going back in June for my honeymoon and would like to avoid some of these problems if possible.

Steph

Some people have said spray anti-perspirant helps. I just bought some Thor-Lo Lite walking socks that feel wonderful but have not been put to the test. Keeping feet dry and changing socks and shoes often is very important too. Good Luck.

I can certainly empathize with you!! On a trip with my DH I wore a very well-worn pair of sneakers { I work as waitress and am very used towalking for hours at a time with no foot problems} and had so many blisters I had to spend 40.00 at Crossroads/Goodings. My cart was filled with moleskin, bandages, foot cremes, foot soaks and scissors to cut the moleskin. I wore all of this on my feet in a pair of leather EddieBauer sandals and could hobble around the parks in foot agony. Never again, now I wear very well-worn Teva sandals and although I always have moleskin and even carry several pieces cut and ready to go, in my fanny pack, those Tevas are wonderful !! For my trip in April/May I am investing in a new pair of serious Teva walking sandals, check out their website {www.teva.com} and starting to wear them as soon as weather permits here in New England, getting prepared for our trip. Sneakers for me are just too hot and uncomfortable, I know many people here swear by them but I cannot stand having them on my feet in the warm weather.Good Luck.... hope this helps!!

This is what works for us. Not one blister. We wear the New Balance Tennis shoes and make sure that they are wide enough. That fit is so important. They come in wide sizes. The mens and womens look almost alike so if you need a wider size consider the mens.We wear them in well before the trip.We also invest in extra thick socks(ours were champion).Each morning we sprayed our feet with sure to prevent fission.This worked for us.

Jordan's mom

I highly recommend BandAid Blister Blockers. They are basically a tape that you use to cover the blister prone areas. They stay on much better than a regular BandAid bandage and are meant to be used to prevent blisters from developing. They can be used on a spot that already has a blister by cutting a piece of sterile bandage to fit and putting it in the center of the tape. Then just put on like a regular bandaid. I've had really good luck with these - they even stay on after they get wet. Hope this helps.:)

About a year ago, I read on the DIS that Suave Baby Fresh spray anti-perspirant worked great. I used it every morning on our trip last spring and later on a trip to D.C. and NYC. It sure cut down on our uncomfortable, sore feet.

honeymo78,

Fact is that some feet, no matter what preventative measures you take, will always take a beating more than the next pair of feet. I know how you feel, because the same thing seems to always happen to me.

Over the years, I have tried many different approaches. The latest that seems to work the best is bringing several types of shoes to wear, so that the same places don't get rubbed the wrong way all the time. I bought a pair of Nike Straprunner II's last year which I love. They were great for several days, but I only wore them, and a sore spot eventually broke out. I also have a pair of Teva Leather sandals which are very comfortable. In addition, I vary the sandals with a pair of walking sneakers. I much prefer the sandals, as my feet don't sweat, and feel much cooler.

Even with broken in shoes, it is hard to duplicate the conditions at WDW! It is hot, and there is just so much walking involved. And in our family, DH loves to speed walk everywhere, which only adds more friction!:eek: It's become a family joke that my feet take such a beating each year. Good luck!!!:D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I know what you mean!! Disneyland fryed my feet the 1st day of 8 days!!! Before I went to WDW read in a old WDW Guide Book, that it is Important to wash your feet with soap every evening and morning it washs the salts off your feet,which cause the Blisters.

I did that and bought Teva Sandles[leather,with EVA misdsoles Shoc Pad], They were highly reconmended here last year. I found them on sale at rei.com. I paid $30. for an $80. pair of sandles!! They were like walking on clouds! There was none of the thud you feel when walking on pavement.

The Teva Sandles with adjustable straps at the heel,toe,and ankle are the best because you can change them through out the day. To fit them you open all the straps put your foot over the arch so it fits well then close the heel,the toe and then the ankle.

Heres a link to rei,type "Womens Teva Sandles" in the seach at the top of the page and it will even show the "on sale" Teva Sandles[tip,I went to the mall to chose a style and the right size.]

http://www.rei.com/index.jsp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter