More questions!

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We're about to take the plunge and buy our first DVC, just had a coupld of questions to ask of this wonderful source of information.

1) If for whatever reason we needed to change our booking, are you penalised for this? Which also leads me to wonder it you all book your room first and then find flights around it, or do you book flights then try to book rooms to match?

2) Basically we want to stay onsite at WDW every year, we're very taken with the amazing looking BCV and are thinking of purchasing around the 200 points mark - would you recommend buying with that as our home for all the points or buying 150 points there and adding on with a resale, so we have our home resort. (I do realise we'd have to wait for the 7 month window to book the other points there) Any opinions?

3) Is it common for people to not be able to get booked at their home resort, is this just peak season? With 11 months to book, does this allow us to book before non-?DVC owners or are bookings already open to them?

4) I've read that the BCV get very crowded, is there a negative reason for this, or is it purely a new resort that's attracting a lot of interest?

5) Daft question - I'm assuming that all Disney rooms have air-con, but some don't state this, am I right?

6) Have any of you purchased a seat on a plane for an infant? Just wondered if this was a lot of hassle, if they charge adult or child prices (or more). I realise that you need to take their car seat if you do this - but I'm also assuming this could be used in the hire car.

Thank you

I know you've had some excellent answers to some of these questions on the US DVC board, so I won't repeat those, but -

5) Daft question - I'm assuming that all Disney rooms have air-con, but some don't state this, am I right?
Yes, they do all have a/c :)

6) Have any of you purchased a seat on a plane for an infant? Just wondered if this was a lot of hassle, if they charge adult or child prices (or more). I realise that you need to take their car seat if you do this - but I'm also assuming this could be used in the hire car.
I haven't done this (DDs were too old by the time they first went to Orlando), but I believe several of our regular posters have experience of it. I suggest you post the same question over on the Trip Planning board and see whether anyone there has some advice.

1) If for whatever reason we needed to change our booking, are you penalised for this? Which also leads me to wonder it you all book your room first and then find flights around it, or do you book flights then try to book rooms to match?

You do not get penalised for changing your booking before your arrival.You will lose points if you do not bank within the reguired time scale

2) Basically we want to stay onsite at WDW every year, we're very taken with the amazing looking BCV and are thinking of purchasing around the 200 points mark - would you recommend buying with that as our home for all the points or buying 150 points there and adding on with a resale, so we have our home resort. (I do realise we'd have to wait for the 7 month window to book the other points there) Any opinions?

IMHO it's better to have your points where you intend to stay the most.If you wish,at a later date,to book at another resourt you can wait for the 7mth window.Or if it's at a really busy time.Say XMAS you can book at the home resourt 11mth out then apply for a location change at the 7mth window.That way you still get a vacation

3) Is it common for people to not be able to get booked at their home resort, is this just peak season? With 11 months to book, does this allow us to book before non-?DVC owners or are bookings already open to them?

Never had any problems at my home BWV once booked with onlt 6mth window.

4) I've read that the BCV get very crowded, is there a negative reason for this, or is it purely a new resort that's attracting a lot of interest?

New resourts do get busy.You get 11mth bookings and the 7mth ones giving the new resourt a look.On past performances after a period and with additional resourts the occupancy levels drop.OKW for example had a occupancy in the region og 65% now.

Yes they do

Only speak for Virgin Atlantic.Infant under 2yrs.No charge but they have to sit on the parents lap during the flight.9 hrs.If you pay for a seat it will be childs fare .

Our home resort is BWV and we are planning to go their in early December 2003. I have had difficulty in the past in booking for the same time of the year and so I am planning on trying to telephone every day at 9am Disney time (eleven months in advance) and just booking one day at a time. One year we managed to get what we wanted by being on the wait-list but the last time we were not successful. It will be a bit of a nuisance having to remember to ring every day (especially as I am working) but I can't see any other way of doing it.

Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts