More women, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Pete would say “mob mentality” in the company of anyone. He speaks his mind.

So - watching today's show - Teresa's on, and was last show as well. I also remember Kathy being on recently. Julie was on several shows before that, for those wanting to see "woman" demographic met. Julie also meets the "somebody with younger kids" demographic, and Corey was on several shows she was not, also meeting the "kids" demographic.

Do they get any credit at all when they try and do things a little differently, as much as possible, or only get bashed when they don't? Not trying to :stir:, just genuinely curious, since I've never had any problems (no kids, but a female here) with "the mix" in the past?

ETA: Nice shout out for your monthly News & Rumors Roundup article, @rteetz !!

Last edited:
So - watching today's show - Teresa's on, and was last show as well. I also remember Kathy being on recently. Julie was on several shows before that, for those wanting to see "woman" demographic met. Julie also meets the "somebody with younger kids" demographic, and Corey was on several shows she was not, also meeting the "kids" demographic.

Do they get any credit at all when they try and do things a little differently, as much as possible, or only get bashed when they don't? Not trying to :stir:, just genuinely curious, since I've never had any problems (no kids, but a female here) with "the mix" in the past?

ETA: Nice shout out for your monthly News & Rumors Roundup article, @rteetz !!

Maybe the people are referring to the other shows? I’m probably wrong but I don’t think a women has been on a “best and worst” show or a dining review.

I enjoy the shows a lot but the female perspective is lacking.

It’s their show, they can do whatever, have whomever they want on. It’s not up to me . I like the show a lot. Favorite Disney podcast. But there is no way you can tell me women are equally represented. They aren’t and don’t have to be. Just don’t pretend they are.

Who’s pretending?

The person who I quoted. They are explaining how well they feel women are represented. I am saying they are pretending/fooling themselves if that is well represented.

The flagship show isn’t the issue (frankly I don’t care one way or the other) it’s the other shows that would be nice to get another voice. Best and worst, sucks don’t sucks etc.

I agree, OP. I would like to see more women on the various shows as well. I definitely miss JL's perspective, and think it's a hole that hasn't been quite filled. This isn't a criticism of the women who are there! I love Julie, Kathy and Teresa! But they have other jobs to do that take a lot of their time, and I fully understand that. If the podcast had a female team member who wasn't a Dreams agent (and therefore had more time to be on the shows) - much the way JL was - I think it would go a long way. It isn't that the viewpoints of the people who are there aren't good enough - I enjoy them as they are! I think it would just add more depth to the already great content.

I enjoy all the current team and certainly won't NOT listen just because there aren't any women on the B&W or Dining shows - but I would suggest they not bother with topics like B&W Bathrooms. I'm assuming the existing team has not experienced or even seen 50% of the bathrooms at WDW! Like a previous poster I was yelling at my radio (I listen in the car) during this show. My son agreed that the Splash Mnt bathrooms were good - I most definitely do not. (The layout is bizarre with 2 entrances to the stall row that make forming a line when it is busy very confusing and difficult to then get around to where the sinks are located) Some topics just should be avoided as long as it is an all male team.

Would also like to point out that wanting a woman on the show isn't quite the same as every other group that has been mentioned. Women make up at least half the population (and I would assume, Dream's customers). The vast majority of listeners will identify as either male or female. Someone who has absolutely nothing else in common will at least identify in some way with one gender or the other (Yes, I realize that there is a small minority that do not identify with either - but I am talking the large percentage of listeners here)

ETC.? I'll give the list you stated and maybe add parents of a child with a disability for Corey. But honestly, a very large one is missing I'm not saying that there should be a checklist but, and again not knowing all peoples ethnic background, the crew appears to consist of mainly white members.

Agreed. Plus, the DIS may be missing out on some viewers and contributors by not having them represented on their team.

I enjoy all the current team and certainly won't NOT listen just because there aren't any women on the B&W or Dining shows - but I would suggest they not bother with topics like B&W Bathrooms. I'm assuming the existing team has not experienced or even seen 50% of the bathrooms at WDW! Like a previous poster I was yelling at my radio (I listen in the car) during this show. My son agreed that the Splash Mnt bathrooms were good - I most definitely do not. (The layout is bizarre with 2 entrances to the stall row that make forming a line when it is busy very confusing and difficult to then get around
I agree...best and worst men's bathrooms, ok, but make that clear (and make an effort to have a follow up one for women, and maybe a different one that's best and worst for kids (since, IME, that can be different too). It certainly is a helpful list to have when planning (says the mom with a special needs child), so i get the value of doing the show, but it's not helpful if the team can't know about 50% of the bathrooms in order to discuss them..

Just to offer up a suggestion ...

If you feel there are shows that are not sufficiently covering a topic - why not submit an article with your take on it or even a video submission as a contributor?

For example, an article covering "the Best and Worst Women's Bathrooms at Walt Disney World" or a video review of taking your family to a restaurant or something like that.

I know a few articles I have written that got published took into account my point of view as a father of several young kids, and I actually just submitted one called "My Family Picks Six Walt Disney World Restaurants" - which brings a different perspective to what they have been covering on the Disney Dining Show.

Obviously doesn't change the dynamic of what is on the show could be something to do in the meantime

Just to offer up a suggestion ...

If you feel there are shows that are not sufficiently covering a topic - why not submit an article with your take on it or even a video submission as a contributor?

For example, an article covering "the Best and Worst Women's Bathrooms at Walt Disney World" or a video review of taking your family to a restaurant or something like that.

I know a few articles I have written that got published took into account my point of view as a father of several young kids, and I actually just submitted one called "My Family Picks Six Walt Disney World Restaurants" - which brings a different perspective to what they have been covering on the Disney Dining Show.

Obviously doesn't change the dynamic of what is on the show could be something to do in the meantime

I actually have already been approved as a contributor for the DIS. I don't have any articles posted yet, though. Why? Because I don't have the time to write them. I have a child with special needs..we spend upwards of 7 hours/week in the car just to get to therapy, not including the actual therapy time. Plus I have an independent contractor job with a local small business. That's just the two major parts of the pie...there's more in there too. It's been a very crazy year for me. I haven't been a regular on the DIS for a while in part because of that. I have an account on WDWMagic, but have been sporadic there lately too.

I hope to be able to write (and have them published) at some point, but it's not something I can take on right now.

I actually have already been approved as a contributor for the DIS. I don't have any articles posted yet, though. Why? Because I don't have the time to write them. I have a child with special needs..we spend upwards of 7 hours/week in the car just to get to therapy, not including the actual therapy time. Plus I have an independent contractor job with a local small business. That's just the two major parts of the pie...there's more in there too. It's been a very crazy year for me. I haven't been a regular on the DIS for a while in part because of that. I have an account on WDWMagic, but have been sporadic there lately too.

I hope to be able to write (and have them published) at some point, but it's not something I can take on right now.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean just you specifically could try to contribute - just anyone who feels that a different point of view about anything this could be something to think about.

Hopefully you will have time in the future if that is something you would like to do - best of luck with everything going on now!

Just to be clear, I didn't mean just you specifically could try to contribute - just anyone who feels that a different point of view about anything this could be something to think about.

Hopefully you will have time in the future if that is something you would like to do - best of luck with everything going on now!
Oh, I know it wasn't to me specifically...I just have a feeling many others are probably in the same boat :)

And thank you! :)

Here's what Craig said on the other thread:

Here’s the deal. The WDW Edition has four core seats - Pete, John, Kevin and then Corey/Julie alternating. That leaves one seat at the table. We then have to rotate Teresa, Kathy, Steve, Charles and Sean in that seat and lately we’ve had guests in from California too. Back when I started it was essentially just Teresa and Kathy switching off but things have grown since then. Beyond that, the rest of the shows utilize the staff that Pete has put together. I think we’d all love to see a bigger female and family presence, but as of now our staffing is what it is. And I do appreciate when people suggest Kylie for the show, but unfortunately her full-time job would never allow her to participate and it’s tough enough just getting her out and about for the occasional vlog. Trust me, I’d love to get to see my wife more often.

With that, I'm going to go ahead and close this one. Thanks, everyone, for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts