Morning coffee and fuel: What can I expect at 3am/4 am at YC/BC?

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
Has anyone stayed at BC/YC for a race and can share their experience? There isn't a real counter service restaurant at YC/BC. The closest thing is the little counter at the Marketplace at BC. Will that be open and running fully? Will it have cappuccinos, etc., or only the awful resort coffees? I don't eat pastries/muffins, so I need to plan in advance. Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at BC/YC for a race and can share their experience? There isn't a real counter service restaurant at YC/BC. The closest thing is the little counter at the Marketplace at BC. Will that be open and running fully? Will it have cappuccinos, etc., or only the awful resort coffees? I don't eat pastries/muffins, so I need to plan in advance. Thanks!
I am pretty sure it was not open when I walked past in the morning when I stayed there. They do have a coffee stand/truck usually at the pre-race area.

I am pretty sure it was not open when I walked past in the morning when I stayed there. They do have a coffee stand/truck usually at the pre-race area.

Thanks! Do you know if even the 5K will have a coffee cart? Would suck to get there and realize there's no coffee. It would be like, why did it take you 2 hours to run a 5K. Well, it all started when I fell asleep in the middle of it! :rotfl2:I may contact RunDisney about this one!

Thanks! Do you know if even the 5K will have a coffee cart? Would suck to get there and realize there's no coffee. It would be like, why did it take you 2 hours to run a 5K. Well, it all started when I fell asleep in the middle of it! :rotfl2:I may contact RunDisney about this one!
I don't remember to tell you the truth if it was out for all the races or not but it was definitely there for the bigger races. I am not one that drinks much coffee so I am not a big help.

My recollection is that they did open early at least on Marathon morning at the Marketplace. They had some kind of pre-packaged item I think you could buy. We had just bought stuff there the night before that we ate in our room, but I do recall them being open for runners. Like I said though, I don't remember if it was for every race morning or not.

They did in January but the lineup was pretty long. And I think they only had regular coffee, no cappuccinos.

I usually pack my own breakfast. I have seen runners with race boxes they purchased the night before in the food courts. I stayed at BC for Princess this year and ran the 5K & the challenge. They had free coffee in the lobby and also bananas the day of the half.

I stayed at BC for the Darkside half this year. The morning of the half they had free coffee and banana in the lobby. I don’t think BC Market was open. The market that week end though was selling a race “box.” I know there were a couple of things in the bag. From what I can recall it was a banana, a G2, a small cup of peanut butter, and a bar or two.

I stayed at BC for the Darkside half this year. The morning of the half they had free coffee and banana in the lobby. I don’t think BC Market was open. The market that week end though was selling a race “box.” I know there were a couple of things in the bag. From what I can recall it was a banana, a G2, a small cup of peanut butter, and a bar or two.

I'm pretty sure it had a bagel in there too.

I stayed at BC for the 2017 marathon and there was nothing available that morning. When I asked at the desk if there was any coffee available anywhere at the hotel they said no. I proceeded to give them my saddest sad face, so if they did provide coffee at a race after that you can all thank me for it I'm sure :teeth:

I stayed at BC for the 2017 marathon and there was nothing available that morning. When I asked at the desk if there was any coffee available anywhere at the hotel they said no. I proceeded to give them my saddest sad face, so if they did provide coffee at a race after that you can all thank me for it I'm sure :teeth:
Thank you! :rotfl:That is indeed super sad!

I will usually throw a package of Starbucks Via and instant oatmeal in my suitcase and just use the hotel room coffee pot to get hot water...hotel room coffee at Disney is awful.
Indeed, it's undrinkable, but didn't YC just changed to Keurig machines?

We're driving, so we will bring plenty of food and drinks. I make my own almond flour muffins, so I may make a big batch and bring those. We may even bring our coffee maker!

Hotel room coffee is Joffrey (a local toaster that’s quite good) just like at the restaurants. The difference is the neinous Florida water from the taps!

Expect nothing.

I’ve seen more posts about a box for sale at the values. I rarely see anyone talk about them at mods or deluxe.

We stayed at bay lake for two years for Princess and got nothing. Nothing at all was open at contemporary. Nothing special for sale the days before. We got our own food beforehand and made coffee in the room (with bottled spring water).

Stayed at villas at GF for this year princess and they had their lobby espresso makers available that early (they normally aren’t) and they had bananas and granola bars out, too. I loooove VGF.

(Why am I staying at boardwalk for 2019? Oh yeah, got a one bedroom)

Not sure about YC/BC as I have yet to stay there for a race, but as other have noted, several of the on property hotels have a coffee cart and bananas available while you wait for your bus. I do not believe the actual quick service locations are open. I've stayed at Saratoga for a race and they had the cart. We usually plan to have our own in room meal and coffee to be safe. There are grocery stores that deliver if you do not have a car. And yes use bottled water in the coffee makers. The Florida tap is nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!