Morning Escape Wedding -- too short??

Megan M

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I am getting married at Disney's Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo at 9:30am on January 26, 2018 followed by brunch at The Attic from 11-1.

I'm wondering if this will feel too rushed or short?? I love the idea of the small and simple wedding but I want to make sure that I don't feel like it was missing anything when all is said and done. I have considered doing a cocktail/dessert reception at the Crescent Terrace at the Swan and Dolphin from 1:30-3:30, but on the other hand I worry that maybe this will feel too drawn out and be too much food? I thought about doing a fireworks dessert party that evening but would rather not have the gap in the day - my then husband and I will be having dinner just the two of us that evening :)

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Our Wishes wedding was basically the same thing, just about 90 minutes longer: 9am ceremony in Epcot followed by a reception at the Attic til 2pm. We never felt rushed, and sometimes I even worried things might be dragging (because we didn't have dancing or any kind of entertainment other than an iPod).But nobody complained. It was plenty of time to do first dances, socialize and eat.

We also added a dessert party after the break, and it was fantastic! It gave us something to look forward to later on so it wasn't like the whole day was over at 2pm. The break was perfect for napping/relaxing/swimming/park-touring. We had dinner just the two of us in our room and then met everyone inside Epcot for the dessert party. The IllumiNations dessert party was everyone's favorite part of our wedding and the thing they are still talking about. Where else can you have a private viewing area for a world-class fireworks show like that?

Here's the whole trip report: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/wedding/

I'm a YCG bride! Just wanted to say hello since there aren't that many of us! :love:

I think your day sounds lovely. I don't think that's too rushed at all. I might add the dessert party if I was doing a morning ceremony, but I get how having the break might be kind of a lull. Either way it sounds like it's going to be a lovely day!

We are having a 9:30 AM ceremony with a dessert party later that night. Some of our guests are kind of confused by the idea that there is a break in the wedding festivities and a lot of them who aren't Disney regulars think it's just going to be like an ice cream social or something LOL. I'm glad we are having a big gap though because a lot of our guests can only come for the weekend, so the break will give them time to tour a park.

We had a 9:00 morning ceremony in Epcot, followed by a 10:00 to 11:00 Cocktail Hour and 11:00 to 3:00 Brunch with a DJ and dancing. We had a break from 3:00 to 7:30 where my DH and I took more pictures with our photographer and then just relaxed. Our guests were taken back to their resorts and most relaxed and hung out at the pool. We all got back together again in Epcot for an IllumiNations Dessert party. I think everyone really like the break (since our ceremony was so early) and it was fun to see everyone again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter