Mosaics?

Petersgj

Earning My Ears
Has anyone tried making a t-shirt from a photo mosaic? They make nice posters, but I'm not sure how the detail will turn out on a t-shirt.

I tried to post an example from my photobucket, but was not allowed because I don't have a minimum number of posts to this group to allow URLs in the message.

Greg

petersgj- what program are you using to make the mosaics? i've always wanted to do those (in my spare time, ha ha) and wonder how to start.

I love the ones at Disneyland and even found six of our pictures we submitted for the mosaics, but I don't know why they didn't sell posters of them or something as I would have bought EVERY one of the posters of the mosaics our pictures ended up in (and there were alot for the few pics we submitted).

I remember downloading a mosaic program for free and its called AndreaMosaic and I think you can find it on AndreaPlanet.com. I haven't used it yet, but I really really want to try. I figured I should do t-shirts and then work my way up to mosaics!!

I haven't tried the transfer but here is a 12 x 18 poster I did as well as another 8 x 10 Yes the Andrea Mosaics is what I used and it's so easy you just have to play with some of the setting to get your desired results but it's just a matter of changeing a number here or there

Feb24_0001k.jpg

eptMosaic2.jpg

WOW - the mosaic is so cool! How many pictures did it take and how long did it take for you to do it??

Steamboat Marti said:
WOW - the mosaic is so cool! How many pictures did it take and how long did it take for you to do it??

Beleive it or not my first one only took about 15 mins from program download to complete.Now I did spend about 2 hours doing about 10 different ones to see what pitch and amout of tiles looked best but it still only takes about 15 min. for it to do it's thing (Great program)

I used the 37 Pics from our Oct Photopass trip.I don't keep any Pics on my computer so I will start looking for more or just wait until our June trip to do some real nice Posters ( I work on big production color copiers so I can do 12 x 18 in a drop of a hat ).

challada said:
petersgj- what program are you using to make the mosaics? i've always wanted to do those (in my spare time, ha ha) and wonder how to start.

I love the ones at Disneyland and even found six of our pictures we submitted for the mosaics, but I don't know why they didn't sell posters of them or something as I would have bought EVERY one of the posters of the mosaics our pictures ended up in (and there were alot for the few pics we submitted).

I used photomosaic. There are several programs, but this one was recommended by a friend. You can download a trial version, but I upgraded to give more flexibility. It doesn't take much time at all if you already have the pictures on file.

Greg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter