Mosquitoes in early May...

Lvsdisney

DIS Veteran
How bad is it?

The last two times we went to WDW we went in January. I've been in May and June but both were over 11 years ago, so I can't remember.

Will I need to pack bug spray?

TIA!

How bad is it?

The last two times we went to WDW we went in January. I've been in May and June but both were over 11 years ago, so I can't remember.

Will I need to pack bug spray?

TIA!
We've been to WDW in January, February, March, April, July and December, and have never been bothered by mosquitos, even when we tent camped for a week at Fort Wilderness during spring break a few years ago.

We never use bug spray.

There's no way to answer this as such. Here in Fl, it is weather dependent. We're already seeing mosquitoes here at the house because temps have been in the 80's. It also has a great deal to do with periods of dry weather followed by periods of rain.

I have gotten bug bites in late May/early June. One time it was probably from being on the balcony at AKL in the evening, got a few on my feet/ankles, and they were pretty bad. Ended up having to go to first aid for some cream the next day. I don't usually use bug spray, but now I plan to bring it if I'm going to be at AKL or by water in the evenings.

I wouldn't say it's bad, and most of the time I don't get bitten.

We were there in June the past 2 years. I didn't see any mosquitos. But there were a lot of those tiny gnats or no see ums or whatever they are called. When we got to our room there was a can of bug spray in the bathroom with the other toiletries.

We were there for four days in May 2016, and the only time I ever even saw mosquitoes was on Jungle Cruise, which we rode at dusk. I ended up with several bites on my legs, but I wasn't wearing any bug spray so I don't know if that would have helped.

I've been bitten by other things at Disney - bees and some unknown bug type thing while sitting on my little patio at YC one year but never a mosquitoe. They do have bug spray in the parks and rooms.

I've been bitten by other things at Disney - bees and some unknown bug type thing while sitting on my little patio at YC. . .

One of these, perhaps? Yellow Fly -probably one of the most relentless and aggressive biters in the state.

Diachlorusferrugatuscostarica.png

Mosquitos no but lovebugs might be another story...

That's what I was thinking too, those slow moving "love bugs" (whom I don't believe bite are just a general nuisance with their presence), we encountered them one trip in May or June I believe

Disney takes care of the skeeters!! :)

Never have seen any at any time of the year, nor been bitten. We were given a packet of bug spray wipes in Dec. at FW, but never used/needed them.

Was looking for a post on yellow fly. We are at Bwv right now and are being eaten by the bugs. Has to be yellow fly. We are a party of 8 and we all have bites that are nasty. The bites swell up and get infected. I can’t wait to go home Saturday. It’s never been this bad. I’ve tried everything to help, but nothing works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter