Most Amazing City

London or Kyoto. I have been to Paris 3 times once as a teen, in my 20's and at 36. All 3 time it smelled like smoke and urine.

London or Kyoto. I have been to Paris 3 times once as a teen, in my 20's and at 36. All 3 time it smelled like smoke and urine.
I worked with a couple people in our company’s Paris office. By work with them, I mean dealt with them over the phone, from the US. After awhile, I got to meet them in person, when they came over here on business for several days. I quickly learned that what I had heard about (some) French people, must be true. That is, they don’t bathe very often. Neither of them had a fresh scent, and that’s saying it nicely. I realize it must be a cultural thing, but oh my gosh, it took some getting used to.

I am surprised no one said Tokoyo or other Asian cities. I have never been there but my brother lived there for a few years.

There is still a lot of the world I haven't seen. Of the places I have been my favourite cities to visit are Barcelona, Rotterdam and Berlin (in no particular order)

I am surprised no one said Tokoyo or other Asian cities. I have never been there but my brother lived there for a few years.
someone did say Kyoto

Pienza is hands down the most amazing city I have been to but I haven't been to them all. The Tuscany region in general is the most amazing place I've been to.

I've been to Paris a few times and will be going back. I feel it's absolutely jaw dropping beautiful.

I've been to Shanghai, Beijing, Vienna, Prague, Barcelona, Cairo, Rome, Istanbul, Berlin, Hamburg, LA, Miami, NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, Phoenix, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Vancouver and many more cities.

Paris rules for me.

I've been to Paris a few times and will be going back. I feel it's absolutely jaw dropping beautiful.

I've been to Shanghai, Beijing, Vienna, Prague, Barcelona, Cairo, Rome, Istanbul, Berlin, Hamburg, LA, Miami, NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, Phoenix, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Vancouver and many more cities.

Paris rules for me.

I've been to Paris twice and each visit was magical. I don't get the complaints about the filth unless people are sleeping under the bridges. It's not that bad. Food and atmosphere are amazing. Notre Dame is magical.

OTOH, I don't get the love for Venice on this thread. It's cute but it's small and insanely crowded. Have to boat everywhere. And in between shoving past people to get the next site, you are harassed by immigrants trying to sell their junk souvenirs.

There is still a lot of the world I haven't seen. Of the places I have been my favourite cities to visit are Barcelona, Rotterdam and Berlin (in no particular order)

someone did say Kyoto

We are going to be visiting Amsterdam at the end of our vacation. I know we are doing a few museums and the Anne Frank house and also making a trip to Kukenhof gardens. Do you think a day trip to Rotterdam should be put on our agenda?

I also don't get the hate for Paris and the smelly complaints. I must be visiting different parts of Paris than others. I find Paris magical. I can't wait to be back. Domo, don't let them dampen your enthusiasm for Paris. It is a great city.

I hate to mention it because of the too touristy comments, but we love Honolulu. There is such a mix on people there and people are so friendly. We have an amazing time at the bars talking to people from other countries.

New York City
Loved Edinburgh when I went for the Fringe
Very fond of Boston as well

I definitely need to travel more. There are so many cities people have mentioned that I’d love to see- Paris, Tokyo...

After being married to a person of French-Belgian descent and getting a well deserved divorce I went through a longggggggggggg period of being a stone cold Francophobe. Ahhh but that meant I couldn't like half of my childrens' heritage so I got over self and bought a ton of rooster stuff and copper pots for my kitchen. I never worry about some Parisians' thoughts about Americans in part because like NYCers not many in their country like them either. And like stereotypical NYCers they don't care either:lmao:.

Sooo despite my yin/yang thingie with France I loveeeeeeee Paris. And Compiegne. And Limoges. And Toulouse. Nothing wrong with Strasbourg either.

But my Euro heart belongs to Barcelona. If I could live anywhere else in the world this would be the place I've seen so far.

I don't adore Paris, but do not understand the complaints either. It's never been filfthy when I have been there.
Rome. on the other hand . . .

We are going to be visiting Amsterdam at the end of our vacation. I know we are doing a few museums and the Anne Frank house and also making a trip to Kukenhof gardens. Do you think a day trip to Rotterdam should be put on our agenda?

I also don't get the hate for Paris and the smelly complaints. I must be visiting different parts of Paris than others. I find Paris magical. I can't wait to be back. Domo, don't let them dampen your enthusiasm for Paris. It is a great city.

Hmmm, depends on what you enjoy. It has fewer really "big" tourist things. I just love the vibe of the city and the international food.
I would recomend a sie trip to The Hague though. The Escher Museum and The Mauritshius can both be done on a day trip and are great (and so much less crowded than those in Amsterdam)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter