Most Compact Resorts (Val, Mod, & Del) for walking difficulties

Here's a drop of truth, which seems to get ignored here a lot. Everyone always instantly spouts POFQ as the answer to this question, but...

All Star Sports has no longer walk to the lobby and/or bus stop as POFQ if you're in one of the farther buildings at each.

All Star Movies has only a very slightly longer walk from the very outermost buildings.

Deluxe:
- WL **
- CR, if tower room

Moderate:
- POFQ, although if you book preferred at POR and CSR, you could have a shorter walk than some POFQ rooms.
- POR preferred have no elevators, could factor in.

Value:
- Preferred changes everything here but ASSp and POP would be my top choices
and if you don't book preferred, ask for close to transportation (food courts are by bus stop).

OP, talk to your Mom about using a Rollator when not in the Parks.

It allows her to walk, but gives her a seat if she needs to sit (for example, while waiting in line at the bus stop).

Rollators can be rented easily from offsite vendors and delivered to your Resort, or can be brought from home. If you fly, it will fly free as medical equipment, and can be gate checked.

(Don't forget - if you fly, many airports have LONG concourses, with lots of walking, so have a plan for that as well.)

Finally, remember that depending on the time of the year, ECVs will rent out fairly early in the day at the Parks. There is no way to reserve those units. If you are traveling during a busy time, you may want to consider a rental from an offsite vendor.

You can get more info on mobility issues in the DISabilities forum here on the DISBoards.

So what I'm about to suggest is not compact compared to most resorts, but if you find yourself needing to seriously budget your hotel here is my input on the All Star Resorts.

Value-Any of the All Stars but reserve a preferred room. ASSports has a very short distance from the first few rooms to the main building and Movies a little more. Request the closest room as possible as far in advance as you can and explain your mother's situation. The closest rooms to the main building imho are not as exaggeratedly far as most people complain about. I understand your mother has physical impairements, but if you get as close as I recommended she should be fine. I've stayed at the All Stars my whole life and the very first rooms are a 1-2 minute walk from the main building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter