most expensive 1 DDP credit meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right! I think Akershus is more expensive than Tutto, plus you get the photos! Don't know how I could forget that since we sometimes go 2x each trip as DD loves it there!

Tiger :)

Akerhaus isn't even close to as expensive as Tutto Italia. Dinner is only $38.33 after tax, compared to ~$58 (on basic DDP) at Tutto italia, if ordering from the "top of the menu".

I still think Akerhaus is a great use of a TS credit, in part because of the photo package. Also, with a TS credit being "break even" at $25 (for 2009) by my math, it's also a good "value" use of a TS credit.

Here ya go:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/2009/DisneyDiningRanking2009.htm

The best use for a TS credit is the place that you enjoy the most :).

If you could explain your numbers, that would be great! Is entree, beverage, dessert plus tax?

I've been meaning to ask for clarification on your Marrakesh numbers - what items did you use to get that total? Marrakesh is my favourite restaurant, so I've eaten there a ton of times, and the most expensive item, the Royal Feast, requires a per person surcharge of $5.95. Is this what you used for your calculation? We always get it as we think paying $5.95 for all of that food is so worth it as we share with our little man who eats more at 2 than I do! I worry that someone might think they can order that platter without having to pay anything extra on the DP, and this wouldn't be true. It would then more than likely drop Marrakesh out as being the most expensive?

Thanks for all of your hard work on these boards, Tiger :)

Akerhaus isn't even close to as expensive as Tutto Italia. Dinner is only $38.33 after tax, compared to ~$58 (on basic DDP) at Tutto italia, if ordering from the "top of the menu".

I still think Akerhaus is a great use of a TS credit, in part because of the photo package. Also, with a TS credit being "break even" at $25 (for 2009) by my math, it's also a good "value" use of a TS credit.

Thanks - I realized that last night. I went through one of my receipts, and realized that I was originally correct that Tutto is more expensive. I'm an English teacher, and so we don't do math - LOL!!!

Thanks for that clarification, Tiger :)

We didn't go for many of the super pricey places last time...but I will say that my boyfriend and I did eat $100 worth (between us of course!) of food at Chefs de France. Each of our entrees were about $35, desserts were about $7 each, and drinks I believe were $2 or so. We also ordered some french onion soup on the side to pay for separately, but we were not charged for it. That would have been $6. pirate:

If you could explain your numbers, that would be great! Is entree, beverage, dessert plus tax?
If you click on the "Table All" tab at the bottom you will see the the entrees I used at the time to calculate the totals. I averaged in all the entrees for a specific restaurant when I calculated the average entree.

If you click on the "Table All" tab at the bottom you will see the the entrees I used at the time to calculate the totals. I averaged in all the entrees for a specific restaurant when I calculated the average entree.

I'm so sorry for missing that! I looked all across the bottom and clicked on a few - thanks for pointing that out. So helpful. :thumbsup2

I haven't ordered that because I can't have seafood, but I've always wondered if they'd substitute the seafood bastilla for chicken?

Either way, this is my fav restaurant! Thanks so much for your fab spreadsheet.

Tiger :)

Hmmmm well we haven't tried any of the typical expensive options but we had the DDP on our recent trip and we loved Tokyo Dining. We all agreed that the Tempura platter looked like the best value there. We love sushi but the Tempura Platter that DD12 got was huge, the breading was not to heavy, the flavors were great as was the dipping sauce and the seaweed salad it came with was great. We also loved Chef Mickeys for Dinner. They had a prime rib carving station and I simply asked for a thicker slice than usual and got one about the size of a resteruant prime rib plus all you can eat desert :love:. The bread pudding was good but my favorite desert there was a key lime tart. For CS Columbia Harbor House and Yak and Yeti CS were really good. The clam chowder at CHH while not the most expensive option was very good and they gave us a drink, side and desert with it.

We will be using the DDP for the first time this year and one of the TS that I booked was Liberty Tree Tavern. It may not be expensive but we found the food very good. It's a buffet with ham, turkey, mashed potatoes etc. It's not fancy but then we aren't fancy eaters. A lot of the "expensive" restaurants are too froo froo for us.

Since this is from 2009 and the info is way outdated, feel free to repost your question in a new thread

Also, have you checked out our menus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter