most reliable weather forecast?

missj171

<font color=purple>I'm not a pint swigging electri
We're off tommorow! :banana: :banana:

I'm trying to pack 'light' and appropriatley for the weather, but the 2 weather sites I've been on are disagreeing!

The BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0040) are being a lot more positive than metcheck.com (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_7days.asp?locationID=1798, as recommended on a weather thread I found via search).

Which one of these is more reliable, or are there some more accurate services out there? I just want to know if I can get away with light clothes, or if I need to stick in some more jumpers!

Really need to get on with my packing, but there's a guy doing some work on the house restricting my bustling around!

Or this site, which seems to settle somewhere in between : http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/FRXX0076

It looks like it's going to be warm with showers, so hopefully a snug cardi to throw on if gets chilly should be enough! And showers can just be avoided by going on POTC again...and again...and again! DP doesn't feel the cold EVER! So I think I'm alone in worrying about this!

The waiting is finally over! :cheer2:

Personally I would assume the worst as at least then you'll be prepared. If you trust BBC Weather and then it buckets down with rain, it could be quite disappointing and frustrating!

You're right - I should make like a Girl Guide and be prepared! Ah well if it rains that bad we can sport a lovely Disney poncho!!

Another last minute question re: bags on rides!

As well as harnasses breaking(!!) losing things on rides is my big theme park fear! I was thinking of taking a messenger style bag with me, it has poppers but no zip. If i go upside down (on a ride, not just doing handstands down Main St!) will all my stuff fall out?? I don't really understand the science of rides (shameful, for some1 with science a-levels only 2 years ago!)

Normally I have either my scaredy cat (and migraine/neck problem suffering/neck probs) mother or wimpy friend to take my stuff! I've always had bags with zips on, and I know if you wrap the straps around your feet they won't plummet to the ground, but i'm worried about things falling OUT of my bag.

Otherwise I'll have to take a smaller (and less stylish! ;-)) cross-body bag that does zip, or a handbag with zip that is good size, but less convenient to just throw on and forget about. Issues!

Think that's the last question....for now!

missj171 said:
If i go upside down (on a ride, not just doing handstands down Main St!)
:rotfl: LOL, is this something you often do when you go to Disneyland?

Ho yes, a trip to Disney isn't a trip to Disney without a bright yellow poncho on the horizon!

You're just like me, fashion before function when it comes to bags and things!! ;) But I think your stuff should be fine, especially if your bag has poppers. I'm not sure about Indiana Jones as I've only been on it once, but Space Mountain certainly has space under the seat to put your bag! And I don't think it's too violent, although I can't actually speak from experience for SM: Mission 2.

I think those are the only two rides that go upside down... I mean, I'd start getting worried if there was a loop-the-loop on It's A Small World!

Hee, I could give it a try! Although I think it might end up on one of those 'most annoying/ridiculous/blasphemous activities you've seen at the parks' threads the WDW boards enjoy!

Does RnRC go upside down? I thought so, but I haven't been on it (Studios didn't exist last time I went!)

I put a load of stuff in my bag (not valuable stuff!) and swung it around, it seemed fine! (The things we do for fashion!) Things only fell out when I shook it violently upside down, which I hope won't happen! It has a zip compartment for heavy valuable things like my camera and purse, so those should be safe. But then again, it is from Primark, so it could break and I could just lose everything walking to the station!

Now I have contact lenses I can avoid the glasses panic- which is good!

Durrr, how could I forget Rock 'n' Rollercoaster?! The one at MGM Studios in Orlando goes upside down, so I would assume RnR does, too! But someone might be able to confirm that. I am still in one-park mode; Disney Studios wasn't there last time I went either! It was just being built - I remember peering over the wall to see if I could see anything exciting, hehe!

That was a bit risky swinging your bag around if it's Primark!! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter