Most ridiculous injury you have had in your life?

I was in the passenger seat of a friends car and got tangled in my purse, which was on the floor, as I was exiting. I tumbled out of the car and into the parking lot. Once we were done laughing I realized I cut my knee and hand really bad. I think I sprained my wrist. It was swollen and hurt for a while.

The one that comes to mind the quickest is an old woman on an ECV during RD at Epcot. Everyone started walking and then it bottle necked so we slowed down and the woman did not and ran into the back of my foot and somehow got my foot stuck between the foot rest and the wheel. It hurt but I was calm at first just thinking I'd pull my foot out but she wouldn't stop trying to drive it even though she couldn't go anywhere because my foot was preventing it. I finally yelled something I probably shouldn't have and she still didn't listen. Someone I presume was in her party had to grab her hand off the the lever so I could pull my foot out which took a few seconds at that point because it was so jammed in. This was back when Soarin' was the run to attraction so I'm trying to be as quick as I can crying all the way. My BFF was like do you need to sop. I said no just keep going lol.
When we got to Soarin' and stopped in the line I took off my sneaker and my heel area was already turning shades of black and blue and I was bleeding slightly.
Thank God I wear sneakers to the park or the damage could have been worse.
I just kinda dealt with it and then went to the bathroom to clean up my foot after. My sock was stained but I wasn't about to go back to the hotel to change it.

I once got a paper cut while opening a bill.

My dad was reading a newspaper and got a paper cut on his cornea. It was treated with antibiotic eye ointment/drops.

I guess my worst was something I shook off fairly quickly. However, I was playing pickup basketball in high school when I went coast to coast breaking away for a layup. This was an old fashioned playground with unpadded steel poles that were maybe offset 6 inches from the end line. I was looking up towards the basket and ran right into the pole. I'd describe the area of contact as being not that bad, but still below the belt. I was able to have a child, so it wasn't permanent damage.

This is more serious, but ever heard of the case of the kid whose foot was damaged on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland? Apparently coming back to the station, he moved his foot out and it was caught in between the platform and the car. My cousin is married to a doctor who was a resident at the UC Irvine Medical Center (it's actually in Orange about 5 miles from Disneyland) who said he was there when the kid was brought in. He pointed to the modifications they did, which were inserts attached to keep feet from sliding out from the car.

mdgffj-b781025767z.120121113174059000g8i1b6bvj.2.jpg

I just got done with 6 hours (one 4 3/4 hour stretch and one 1 1/2 hour stretch) in a hyperbaric chamber because I got the bends after doing too many dives in too short a period. The only good point in it is that I'm now getting to stay in Belize 3 more days than I was supposed to!

When I was in third grade I moved and when I started at the new school this jerk named Richard (so he was literally a Dick--can I say that here? it's his name after all) was horrible. He went out of his way to make me feel unwelcome and was a bully. Anyway, one day we were lining up to go to lunch and he tripped me as I walked past. I fell hard on the linoleum. Ended up with a hairline fracture on my arm and did something to my elbow, can't remember what the medical term was. I had to wear a sling for months. Then when we got older he had the nerve to ask me out. To this day I can't stomach talking to anyone named Richard.

I just got done with 6 hours (one 4 3/4 hour stretch and one 1 1/2 hour stretch) in a hyperbaric chamber because I got the bends after doing too many dives in too short a period. The only good point in it is that I'm now getting to stay in Belize 3 more days than I was supposed to!

Wow didn't follow the tables?

I was in a hurry in a dark parking lot and "cut through" between cars rather than walk around only to discover that there were those small concrete parking barrier....which I tripped over and broke my foot. The day before I went on vacation. Very stupid

I am very clumsy and accident prone but my most ridiculous injury was when as a teenager I was convinced that my balance was so good I could stand on a basketball. I managed a second or two and then fell on my butt and fractured my tailbone. Hurt for months. Also ridiculous is that in my early 20’s I fractured a rib while coughing. Those ribs still occasionally hurt when I am sick and coughing a lot and during each of my pregnancies once my babies got to a certain size they would press on that rib and I would have discomfort.

I woke up one night and got out of bed to use the bathroom. Took 2 steps and I crashed into the ground, both my ankles rolling. Had to crawl back to the bed and use my arms to pull myself into it. I ended up with 2 sprained ankles. The pain was so bad when it happened I seriously thought I broke them both.

Lifted a box of envelopes over my head to toss in the top shelf of a supply room at work, about 500 envelopes about 10 pounds. Doctor said it was a million to 1 chance but I had on heels and somehow did it in a way that slipped a disk which somehow caught a nerve and crushed it between the bad and good disks. Luckily when I came out of the room i told my boss that I thought I twisted my back. Result was back surgery wrapping damaged nerve in some type of protection and a permanent 6 inch titanium rod bolted to my spine. Funny thing is that it started as a twing and progressed to unbearable. It was so bad my hair hurt. They did emergency surgery on January 1, 1999. I had gone for an MRI on December 31 and when it was over the tech told me to drive straight to the hospital. One wrong twist and I could have paralyzed myself. Knock on wood the surgery was a succes, no issues since. Glad I told my boss as my company covered all expenses, even had catered food sent to my home.

I destroyed my ankle starting the lawn mower. The only thing holding it in place was skin and my Achilles. Everything else was either broken or torn.

I stood up and broke two toes. I was teaching at a community college when I stood up from my desk and my students commented on the look on my face wondering what happened. When I said I just broke my toes, they were pretty disbelieving. I was not overweight at the time, I was wearing flats, and two toes were definitely broken plus a hairline break on the little toe. I was only 24 at the time.

Now that I'm older it seems like crazy stuff like that happens all the time - I get aches and pains with no apparent injury. The most recent was a pulled hamstring I got right before New Years. I literally just bent over and all of a sudden I was in great pain and couldn't stand up. I thought it was a pinched nerve and ended up in urgent care for help since we were traveling. Doc said it was my hamstring. Some anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxers, and limiting exercise for a few weeks and I'm almost back to normal. It couldn't have been too bad with such a quick recovery, but BOY did it HURT!

When I was about 12, my brother did something stupid and I was chasing him through the house. To save a few steps and catch up faster, I vaulted our sofa, which was set up as a kind of room divider in the big room that was both living and dining room in our house. But my jump was about 2" too short and I caught my pinkie toe - and only my pinkie toe - on the top of the couch, breaking the toe. It remains the only bone I've ever broken in my life.

1) In 8th grade a boy tried to stick a spitball to my glasses on a moving bus and in a 100-1 chance missed my glasses and got my eye resulting in a partially detached retina.

2) I dislocated my shoulder (for the second time) rolling over in bed. I put my hand down on the mattress to push off and the mattress buckled and my shoulder rolled forward out of the socket. I shrugged and it - mostly - went back in so I worked my security shift the next afternoon before seeing the doctor the following day.

3) I strained my back when my chair at work - which was supposed to be locked in an upright position - unlocked and tipped backwards.

Just remembered!

4) surfboard swept up on a wave in Hawaii and caught me square in the nose giving me two (happily minor and easily covered) black eyes and a bruise across the bridge of my nose. Just how every 18 year girl wants to be seen in Hawaii!

Last edited:
I was working as a camp counselor at a summer camp, and we had a field trip to a roller skating rink. Got the kids all laced up in their skates, and then I put mine on. Went to get on the roller rink, and missed the step down from the seating area to the rink. Landed hard on my tailbone. Kids saw it, other counselors saw it. I was too embarrassed to do anything about it at the time, so it took me a few months to get to the doctor. Turns out, I had a small fracture in two of my vertebrae, I had a herniated disc (no way of knowing for sure that was a result of the fall, but the doctor said it was a safe assumption), and I had sped up the process of arthritis setting in in my spine. I was in physical therapy for six weeks after that.

About a year ago a bottle of perfume randomly fell off a little shelf in our bathroom and hit my toe right on the line between the toenail and the fleshy part of my toe - I saw stars, it bled like crazy and my toenail turned purple. It took over 6 months for the toenail to finally fall off.

Oh, Belize - Nice! I want to go there. Sorry you got the bends. I bet the diving was amazing though!

Probably a tie ...

We were snorkeling at Point of Rocks on Siesta Key, and I was giving my 9 yo DS a big safety spiel about being careful of cutting himself on sharp rocks, when, you guessed it, I cut myself on a sharp rock. Put a 3 inch lateral gash in my right knee, and didn't notice it until people near me started freaking out about blood in the water. (I have a scar from that one to remind me.)

The other happened some years previously, not long after we got married. I decided to surprise my DH and hop into the shower with him. He was washing his hair at the time, and he spun around, startled, without lowering his arms. He caught me right across the bridge of the nose with his elbow and blackened both my eyes. I had a lovely time explaining to several medical personnel that yes, DH had done it, but no, I didn't need domestic violence assistance! (To make matters worse, a couple of years later when DS was an infant, he managed to break my nose by throwing his head back really hard. That also blacked both my eyes, and the same group of doctors were again skeptical when I told them that this time the baby had done it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter