Most ridiculous injury you have had in your life?

I slid my middle finger across a meat slicer blade I had just sharpened. Seven stitches and the only lost time accident I've had in 34 years.

I only dove a couple of times where I needed to stop and always with a more experienced diver, sorry to hear of the misery.

Twice as humiliating in that I was heating water to make hot Tang (don't say 'ka' until you've tried it) and I managed to tip boiling water down my arm because I was distracted watching a repeat of the truly horrendous show, Double Trouble. Needless to say that I lied to the ER doctor about all aspects of how I obtained the injury.

On Thunder Mountain Railroad in WDW. My DH is quite a bit heavier than me, he wasn't holding on during one of the sharp turns, pressed against me so hard my ribs were injured. Took six weeks to breathe without pain!

When I was 12 years old, I was at summer camp and a llama that we used for hiking trips knocked me over and I broke my arm. 30 years later I still hate llamas.

Squirted a tide pod in my eye bc I tried to pop it bc I was too impatient to wait for it to dissolve to put the laundry in.....my eye was a crusty mess and basically closed for days. My doctor was like what the heck when I had to tell her what happened to my eye.

Sprained my thumb.

The backstory that leads up to this includes that I am not too bright. We have a hardwood floors in part of the house, and the dog will try to run on them, and she just ends up running in place like a cartoon character or something and ends up running in place.

I was wearing socks, knowing I had a good slippery surface and I thought it would be a good opportunity to make my husband laugh by taking off running like the dog and doing that running in place thing. I tried to catch myself when I fell, and I guess my thumb was not designed to bear the amount of weight that I have in the fall. It didn't end well for me.

Yes I am 47 and I still do childish things, and pay the price. BUT at least I got a laugh out of him.

Managed to hit myself in the head with my standing floor lamp this past Saturday while cleaning my room grabbed something behind it and it came crashing down went to the emergency room because I was sick right after it happened no concussion but big ouch still having headaches doctor appointment for follow up in the morning turns out headaches are due to muscle tension of my shoulder and neck so have to go for a massage and use heat packs

Last edited:
A few years ago I tore a ligament in my neck while pulling my pants up. Ladies, you know how you do that little hip wiggle to get your pants over your hips? Well, I did that and just felt something pop in my neck. It still flares up every now and then.

Stepped in a hole in the yard that our dog had dug that was grown over with grass. Heard my ankle crunch very loudly. Managed to hop into the house and sit down in a kitchen chair. Then passed out and fell off the chair nearly smashing son’s pumpkin that he was carving on the floor.

I bent over to put on my shoes and my back did not appreciate the movement. I was in agony for days afterwards.

I have also gone to sleep fine and woke up unable to turn my neck to the left.

Scraped my arm/elbow when I fell backwards against the fire alarm (fortunately, I didn't actually set off the alarm itself)...this happened in 8th Grade PhyEd while we were running "parallel laps." Apparently, our teacher thought it would be "fun" to have us run one of the laps backwards. :crutches:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter