MOSTLY KOSHER

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Saw this info on Steve Soares site about a new Band starting tomorrow.

Went to their website-they look very interesting.:)

Mostly Kosher

Stage is located between Morocco and France.
Capture the joy of Hanukkah and Klezmer music with this unique high-energy indie band.
Daily at 4:10, 5:15, 6:10, 7:10 & 8:10pm
Length of show: 25 minutes

We were disappointed to see them not return this year, we saw them a few times over two trips last year and found them very entertaining! So much so that we along with two other families we were traveling with stopped at GR to let them know how much we enjoyed them.

They posted a Tweet in November that they would not be back at WDW. Too bad.
I saw them last "holiday" season (December 2017), and they were great. I then looked them up on the Internet, and was amused to see that the musicians performing at Epcot were not in any pictures of the band on their website! And the young lady who did the singing and commentary was in "real life" a punk rocker with a degree in music.

Oddly, they were scheduled to perform this year at Epcot, too. But apparently they were replaced by a single violinist. Much cheaper. The employment ad says each musician will be paid $280 a day for 6 performances: https://www.backstage.com/casting/m...ornia-adventure-park-and-epcot-center-241223/

Just to help clarify, based on what I'm reading: The $280/day is what Mostly Kosher was offering to pay the vocalist in Florida. We have no idea what they were paying the rest of the musicians, or what their negotiated rate with Disney was. We also don't know that budget was the reason there would be a violinist performing at this time. We also don't know if Mostly Kosher was able to find people to do the gig in both coasts, since it doesn't appear that they are a band with a set roster, but hire temporary musicians.

Just to help clarify, based on what I'm reading: The $280/day is what Mostly Kosher was offering to pay the vocalist in Florida. We have no idea what they were paying the rest of the musicians, or what their negotiated rate with Disney was. We also don't know that budget was the reason there would be a violinist performing at this time. We also don't know if Mostly Kosher was able to find people to do the gig in both coasts, since it doesn't appear that they are a band with a set roster, but hire temporary musicians.
Yes, apparently Mostly Kosher was going to provide the musicians, presumably ones they vetted as up to the standards of the name brand, and were looking to hire vocalists. The amount being offered to the vocalists is not large. And it would seem that it would cost more to hire a five piece ensemble than a single performer. I just hope they don't go back to the old presentation of a woman coming out and reading a script about her childhood Chanukkah.
That being said, yes, we don't know if the failure was on the part of Mostly Kosher to be able to supply the musicians, or it was a decision on the part of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!