Mother/ Daughter Birthday Trip 2/25/18 - 3/3/18 Magical a Full of Pixie Dust!

maalca23

Mouseketeer
DD and I just returned from our Magical Disney Birthday Celebration. Note this was an Adult trip (well I went there an adult and came home a kid!). We stayed at AKL Jambo House and had booked a standard room. We booked with Starts with a Wish Travel company and am really glad we did. Like I said we book a standard room but really wanted a Savannah View (wanted to use the money was saved by no booking a Savannah room for two VIP tours). Our TA did the research on standard rooms with a Savannah view and we settled on room 3112. This standard room is right next to a Savannah view category room. Our TA put in several room request and it worked like magic. We arrived on 2/25 and the Pixie Dust started as we got room 3112! We walked out on the balcony and to our surprise there we 3 Zebras and 2 Giraffes and 2 antelopes in our back yard! This room is in a great location also as it is close to the lobby (no noise though) so easy to get to the buses in the morning and close when we arrive back late at night. We also picked up our very important Birthday buttons which must have been loaded with pixie dust.

We headed to AK for the afternoon. We had FPs for Safari, Dinosaur and Expedition Everest. We were not able to get any FP for Avatar on day sixty but did secure 2 for day 5 and day 7. We did walk around Pandora to get acquainted and take in the magic of the beautiful day. We had lunch at Satu'li Canteen and wow, by far the best CS location in all the parks! Highly recommend. Picked up some Comfort Station drinks late afternoon and the pixie dust happened again. We ordered 2 drinks and I had my Starbucks app ready to go when the CM stated Happy Birthday Ladies, this is on Mickey today! $10 of Starbucks FREE! What a great Surprise! Birthday buttons worked their charm! We had dinner with and ADR that night at Boma at AKL at 6:30 which was perfect as we have rope drop plans the next morning and after a day to travel wanted to get a good nights rest.

Monday, 2/26/2018. Plan was AK with EMH at 0800. We arrived for rope drop at 0700. Crowded, but very calm. was worried about this but was amazed how nice everyone played. By 0745 we (the crowd heading to FOP) got through security bag check, etc. and were standing in front o the Tree of Life. By 0808 we had just experienced the best ride by far, FOP! It was absolutely breath taking and gave me chills. We then walked to Na'vi river and enjoyed this also with both rides completed by 0820. Time for Comfort station stop for breakfast. Pixie Dust alert, it happened again. Two free drinks thanks to Mickey and 2 breakfast sandwiches. Savings, $17.00! We then rode a few more rides, and just walked around and enjoyed the sunshine! We booked the Ultimate Night of Adventure at AK. We arrived at Dinosaur at 2:45 to check in with the tour starting at 3:30pm. I need a snack so headed to a cart that had Churro. Pixie Dust Alert! Thanks Mickey, free churro! We really enjoyed this tour as we rode all the headliners including Pandora. We had a meal at Satu'li canteen. It was called a snack, but there was a large sampling of most of the food and deserts and included any drink you wanted. I had me some vino! Night ended with Rivers of Light. We enjoyed it but not my favorite show.

Tuesday, 2/27/2018. Headed to DHS. FPs for Tower of Terror, Star Tours (DD is a Star Wars Fan) Toy Story. Also rode Rock'in Roller Coaster and watched with Indian Jones show. Yes, Pixie dust again that afternoon with our java pick me up at Starbucks. Two and a half days and I still have no paid for a Starbucks purchase. Can this be real? We headed to Disney Spring (not to self to remember that no buses from parks to DS until 4 PM). We took a boat from DHS to Swan and Dolphin to pick up a bus to DS. We had a 5pm reservation at the VOID for the Star Wars Secrets of the Empire Virtual Reality experience. This experience was $30 per person and we selected our date, time and paid ahead of time. This was so much fun! I'm a 50 something lady shooting storm troupers. Highly recommend this experience, you will not be disappointed! We had dinner at Raglan Road Irish Pub. Great entertainment and very good food. The Potato Leek soup is to die for! back on a bus and back to AKL for a much need rest.

Wednesday, 2/28/2018. My birthday. The day started at MK. BOG for breakfast (actually quite good). Had FPs for SDMT, Flight or Peter Pan (loved both of these and they had been updated since last of rode them and Haunted Mansion (oldie by goodie). Stop at Starbucks (pixie dust alert, 2 more free drinks). Did small world, tea cups then a QS meal of greasy pizza! Late afternoon we headed to Ploy for dinner at O'Hanna. First visit ever to this resort and excellent dinner. Then back to MK for Happy ever After which as magical! Did I mention I had like 50 Happy Birthdays said to me that day!

Thursday, 3/1/2018. Plan was Epcot, but first rope drop AK for Pandora rides and free Starbucks (yes Pixie Dust again). We were having withdrawals and needed FOP to start our day. We then headed to Epcot. FPs for Soarin', Mission Space and picked up a Frozen FP on the fly that afternoon. We really enjoyed the Flower and Garden show. Epcot was in a bloom of color and creativity. Every thing as so fresh and truly lovely. The food and drink booths were excellent and made for a fun afternoon walking the world. Dinner with ADR at Rose and Crown with perfect view of illuminations. Did a quick exit to the Beach Club resort via the Epcot international Gateway and ordered up a Minnie Van back to a AKL.

Friday, 3/2/2018. DD's birthday today. We booked the Ultimate Day of Adventure which starts at MK, goes to Epcot then ends at DHS. Early start at 8:15 at MK. Stopped in for our Starbucks fix and yes, Pixie Dust again! This tour was really a lot of fun with no pressure to plan the day as the day was planned for you! The CMS were great and we were moved by van between the parks. Lunch was included at Sunshine Seasons. The tour ended at 3:30, so we took the boat from DHS to Beach Club and walked into Epcot via the international gateway. We had some drinks around the world and dinner at Teppen Edo (DD request). All in all a truly magical day!

Saturday, 3/3/2018. Check out morning. Magical express at 5:20pm. Headed to AK for yes, free Starbucks again! We had FP for FOP, Safari and Expedition Everest. We enjoyed lunch ADR at Yak and Yeti.

To sum this up, this trip was truly magical. I believe I walk over 50 miles total for the week and my Fit bit was soooo happy! We agreed this was our best trip ever and we did it our way! Thanks for all the wonderful advice provided and definitely all the tips and tricks! Oh and Thank you Mickey for all the Pixie Dust this trip!

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. How were the temperatures? I am looking at booking a solo trip next year at the end of February into March. I read another review and it stated that there were large crowds of people from South America. Did you have any issues with large tour groups or cheerleaders??? I am just really confused as to which week might be best to book my first solo trip. I have only been from October - December in the past and really wanted to try something different.

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. How were the temperatures? I am looking at booking a solo trip next year at the end of February into March. I read another review and it stated that there were large crowds of people from South America. Did you have any issues with large tour groups or cheerleaders??? I am just really confused as to which week might be best to book my first solo trip. I have only been from October - December in the past and really wanted to try something different.
The temps were warmer then I expected with highs at 74 - 87 (one day) degrees. The sun made it feel warmer, but the humidity was low during the day and evenings were very enjoyable. We really saw no large groups (a few small choir groups. and lots of Princess Marathon folks (2/25 and 2/26). We did meet several families from Brazil, but honestly mid week we fabulous (except at MK but that is really all the strollers and scooters!). Even Friday was nice. Marathon crowds Sunday and Monday and usual Saturday crowds our last day, but honestly not what I have experiences in warmer months. I believe the Cheer competition is this week, so we totally missed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts