Mother/Daughter last minute, last viewing of Wishes trip.

igrsod

DIS Veteran
Just thought I would post a quick trip report on a quick trip my DD and I took over Easter weekend.
We booked a last minute trip to see Wishes one last time, as it is my absolute favourite thing to do/see at WDW. My kids have grown up with Wishes and my daughter knew how much it meant to me to see it one last time. There is no one else I would rather spend this trip with.

Overall impressions....
Although crowd level was high, if you know how to plan and use FP, you can do everything with minimal waiting.
After worrying, we discovered that people really are nice and good. No fist fights seen, people run over, or even any rudeness.
Taking things slow and enjoying the little things is the way to go.
If you get the chance to meet Birdy at POR... go talk to him. He had us cracking up!!!
Disney is still amazing and fun for all ages.

Last edited:
DAY 1

IMG_0552.JPG

We are on the plane and so excited to arrive in Orlando. Flight was smooth, and our fears of being dragged off the plane, were happily not realized.

IMG_0555.JPG

Someone couldn't contain her excitement as we waited to check into our Royal room at POR. Brianna has never stayed here before, and she (as did I), loved it. What a nice resort. It was just the right size, beautifully landscaped and quiet. Brianna had to wear her UP ears as soon as we were on the Magical Express.

IMG_0556.JPG

We had an experience right off the bat that reminded us why we love Disney so much.
Because getting to the resort and checking in took a little longer than I budgeted, we had just enough time to get to AK and get to our first FP at EE. As we skipped up to the front entrance and place our magic bands on the scanner, the dreaded blue light appears on both of our bands. We are told to go to guest services, as there are no tickets linked to our bands. Hanging our heads, knowing that we will never make it to EE in time, we get into the line at guest services. While in line, I figure out the issue... we have the Canadian discount tickets, which you have to pick up at guest services when you arrive... no problem, except you are supposed to prove your citizenship with your passport.... guess where those are???? in the safe back at the resort. What to do??? This trip isn't starting out so good.
My daughter says, I have my drivers license with me, hopefully that will work. We waited with fingers crossed. 15 minutes later we get to the window and explain the situation to the lovely cast member there. He quickly sets our minds at ease that the id we have is perfectly fine, and that he will give us a new fast pass for EE for anytime that day. Did I tell you how much we love Disney?
Big sigh of relief, happy smiles as you see above, and we are on our way into AK.

IMG_0557.JPG

We rode all of our favourite rides, including the Safari, which took longer than ever due to all the animal traffic jams we encountered (the only traffic jams that I like).
We also stayed and watched ROL. I forgot to take pictures, as I was just taking it all in. My honest feeling after it was all over was I'm glad I saw it once, but I wouldn't rush out to see it again. It was a little underwhelming to be honest, and the hoards of people trying to get into the next show, fighting against the hoards of people trying to get out of the first show and exit the park was scary and awful. I would hate to be in that crowd with little ones, as it was insane.

After a long travel day, and a fun short day at AK we made our way back to POR for some sweet dreams.

Last edited:
DAY 2

IMG_0561.JPG

We loved our building Oak Manor. It was so pretty and very convenient to everything. As well in the evening the movies were right on our front lawn.

IMG_0558.JPG

We were off to Epcot for the day, and decided to wear our Princess ears.

IMG_0564.JPG

Waiting at rope drop was an experience we have never done before, but the excitement and energy was infectious. We had a long day ahead of us and we couldn't wait to get started. We loved the new security set up. It was so quick and easy.

IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0578.JPG

Since we had a FP for Frozen later in the day, we decided to ride Soarin right at rope drop. We just walked at a normal pace, as others sped past us to get to the land. When we got in line, it was a minimal wait... glad we saved our energy. Soarin is my other favourite thing to do at WDW and this was our first time riding the new version. I have to say it was really fun and I love seeing all the amazing places around the world, but I do miss the original. One thing that bothered me was that they exchanged the lovely orange smell for..... dirt. What the heck?
I wonder if it is possible to have each one playing in different theatres. I would gladly wait to see both.

IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0581.JPG

After Soarin we went on a walk on Living With The Land (later in the day it was a 45 minute wait).
We always enjoy this ride, and we liked the tie in to Flower and Garden festival.

IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0595.JPG

Next we rode Mission Space and Spaceship Earth. Having so much fun along the way. We noticed wait times rising as we made our way through the park on the Saturday of Easter weekend, but with our strategic plan, we never waited all that long for anything.

IMG_0602.JPG

Getting into the Easter spirit, we decided to do the Easter egg hunt around the world. What a fun way to tour the world. We met so many people, and came up with some fun strategies along the way.

Last edited:
DAY 2 cont.

IMG_0606.JPG

The eggs were located both inside and outside, up high and down low. Some stumped us. In Japan, we had to each say one Japanese word we knew to a Cast Member for a hint to the egg location. In some counties, it was easy to just look at the crowd and find those looking and pointing to determine the egg location. We also met people both by asking and being asked for hints. What a great activity. Highly recommend this.

IMG_0619.JPG

Throw back to our last Mother/Daughter trip to Italy.

IMG_0611.JPG

The topiaries were amazing. This one was my favourite.

IMG_0607.JPG

The princesses were out in full force. I don't think we've ever seen so many on one day, as we did this day.

IMG_0622.JPG

We sampled and ate around the world, but this one was a new one for us.... Frushi.
It was different and quite tasty. My DD, didn't think she liked rice with fruit.

After a full day of eggs, flowers, food and princesses, we decided to make it an early night and head back to the hotel for a good night sleep. Tomorrow would be a big day.... Easter Sunday at MK.... rope drop to Wishes.

Last edited:

DAY 3

IMG_0632.JPG

After having Brianna open up her Easter presents, we arranged an Easter egg hunt around our room for our Mousekeeper. Not sure if she/he liked it or not, but we had fun setting it up.

IMG_0633.JPG

Setting up a candy scramble on the front lawn of our building for the kiddies. So much candy. We happily passed by, we had business to attend to at MK.... rope drop here we come.

IMG_0635.JPG

We made it onto Main Street, Wishes ears and smiles on, ready to start the day.

IMG_0639.JPG

Nothing like a picture of the castle.

IMG_0645.JPG

After a busy morning riding Space Mountain, Buzz light year, People Mover, Peter Pan, 7 Dwarfs Mine train and Winnie the Pooh, we made our way to Adventureland for Dole Whips.
When I questioned whether this was a wise decision for breakfast, Brianna quickly replies.... it's fruit... totally acceptable. I happily agreed.

IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0647.JPG

After riding Jungle cruise, we headed over to Pirates. While waiting in line, Brianna finds a plastic heart with kisses and a note. It is a random act of kindness in memory of a little boy who died of cancer. We cried, and planned how we would pay it forward. Again.... Disney memories to last forever.
Side story... when my step dad died, we would find coins in strange places for a few weeks after. We took it as a sign from him that he was ok and still with us. After finding this note, when we went to get on our boat, the seat that Brianna was assigned had a quarter sitting right in the middle of it. We both looked in shock and smiled.... someone was thinking of us from the other side.
So how we paid it forward.... the next day, we took our Wishes ears and attached the note to them and left them in the lobby of POR. We watched from afar and not long after a family with two daughters found them and happily kept them. What a nice feeling.

IMG_0654.JPG

Surprise for Brianna was Afternoon Tea at the GF. She has always wanted to do this, and usually the boys are with us. Since this whole experience would be lost on them, I took this as a perfect opportunity for Brianna to try this. Although the food and tea was yummy, it was very expensive. Thoughts... once in a lifetime thing for us. Glad we did it, but probably not again.

IMG_0660.JPG

After an afternoon of rides (we rode everything we wanted to), and dinner at The Wave, we staked out a great spot for Wishes.

IMG_0672.JPG

And although we waited for an hour for the show... it was soooooo worth it. Look at this smile, it says it all. I didn't take photos or videos of Wishes. We just watched, sang and cried. It was amazing.

Last edited:
DAY 4 & 5

IMG_0680.JPG

Last day at WDW, and Tigger and Pooh are off to Hollywood Studios.

IMG_0684.JPG

Again, we rode all the major rides with no problem. One thing to note, had we not had a FP for Toy Story, we would not have been able to ride it. One side was down for most of the day, as they were only allowing FP to ride... no stand by.
After lots of rides, we had a great late lunch at 50's Primetime. Brianna did an excellent job setting the table, complete with napkin heart centerpiece.
We left early and spent the evening exploring and shopping at Disney Springs. The boat ride from POR to DS is really lovely and relaxing. Again, what a nice resort. I think we will stay here again in the future.... although next trip is at Beach Club.

IMG_0689.JPG

Next morning, we woke up and packed. With frowns on we waited for the Tragical Express to arrive.
Until next time.... the memories we made will have to carry us through.

Last edited:
Final little note..... on the way home... Brianna found a little egg in a pay phone.
Inside was a note that said, Happy Easter! Don't take candy from strangers.
We laughed so hard.

IMG_0694.JPGIMG_0695.JPG

Last edited:

This was wonderful to read. I adore all your "ears". The random acts of kindness gifted and passed on were simply inspiring. Thank you for sharing and giving me ideas for my summer trip. Cheers!

This was wonderful to read. I adore all your "ears". The random acts of kindness gifted and passed on were simply inspiring. Thank you for sharing and giving me ideas for my summer trip. Cheers!
Thank you for reading. I think from now on we are going to pay it forward with Random Acts Of Kindness while at WDW. It was a nice addition to our trip.
Enjoy your summer trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!