Mother/Daughter Vacation

pigletgirl

Mama to 4 Disney loving kids!
Hello!

This is pretty far out, but because of C19 and other various factors (we are expecting our 5th and very much last child) we won't be visiting the mouse till 2023.

I am currently on bedrest with this pregnancy (hospitalized till 34 weeks probably), so I have a lot of time to think.

Our oldest daughter has been through a lot. She is an awesome big sister and I wanted to celebrate her by heading to the mouse for her big double-digit birthday. I'm not sure what her likes/dislikes will be like then, but I wanted to know, what did you do if you took a mother/daughter trip to make it memorable?

Any other tips? Thanks!

Hello!

This is pretty far out, but because of C19 and other various factors (we are expecting our 5th and very much last child) we won't be visiting the mouse till 2023.

I am currently on bedrest with this pregnancy (hospitalized till 34 weeks probably), so I have a lot of time to think.

Our oldest daughter has been through a lot. She is an awesome big sister and I wanted to celebrate her by heading to the mouse for her big double-digit birthday. I'm not sure what her likes/dislikes will be like then, but I wanted to know, what did you do if you took a mother/daughter trip to make it memorable?

Any other tips? Thanks!
Congratulations on the fifth baby and hope you are resting well:) I have done a few mother/daughter trips however, my daughter was older at the time, but I will try and share some of the experiences that we loved best. One of the trip highlights was the afternoon tea at the GF as well as breakfast at Cinderella’s castle. We also spent time at the GF spa, which was lovely! you could both enjoy having your nails done and just being pampered. all in all, spending that one on one time is what makes the trip special and i really focussed it around what she enjoys best ( it was a lot of character dining ;)

My daughter (she is now 31) and I do mother daughter trips. Even as an adult (we are just big kids) her favorites are still afternoon tea at GF. Her favorite character is Pooh so I still "surprise" her with breakfast at Crystal Palace. When she was younger she enjoyed getting a new tiara and a special souvenir .

Another vote for tea at GF. It feels so "elegant," yet you could go right from a park to afternoon tea. In other words, you could get dressed up/fancy or show up in park clothes. Either way you will be treated like princesses!

A different idea is a trail ride an/or archery at Ft. Wilderness. We've done these with our girls and they loved them!

I did a mother daughter trip two years ago when she was 12.

She absolutely loved the HBD lounge. We did it 3 times I think. I think it gave her a bit of an adult vibe and she loves the citizens of Hollywood and they happened to pop in and joke with us. She was in heaven.

We stayed at BWV and I rode the slide with her about 50 times. That was probably her favorite part. When we bring my son they usually hang in the pool and I sit with a drink And get in once or twice. This trip I was in the pool the entire time with her. She loved it and still talks about it.

I did a mother daughter trip two years ago when she was 12.

She absolutely loved the HBD lounge. We did it 3 times I think. I think it gave her a bit of an adult vibe and she loves the citizens of Hollywood and they happened to pop in and joke with us. She was in heaven.

We stayed at BWV and I rode the slide with her about 50 times. That was probably her favorite part. When we bring my son they usually hang in the pool and I sit with a drink And get in once or twice. This trip I was in the pool the entire time with her. She loved it and still talks about it.
So fun!

Since I've been bed bound, we did a FaceTime tonight and talked about what we might want to do. So far she wants to do a Candlelight Processional (providing its running again in 2022) dinner package, and listen to the story tellers in the different countries. Like myself, she is loving EP more and more so I can see ourselves spending a good amount of time there.

We talked about resorts, and her interest so far is French Quarter. However, if EP really is our thing, perhaps the Beach Club or Boardwalk may be better suited. ;)

This is still 2 + years away so we do have time, haha.

So fun!

Since I've been bed bound, we did a FaceTime tonight and talked about what we might want to do. So far she wants to do a Candlelight Processional (providing its running again in 2022) dinner package, and listen to the story tellers in the different countries. Like myself, she is loving EP more and more so I can see ourselves spending a good amount of time there.

We talked about resorts, and her interest so far is French Quarter. However, if EP really is our thing, perhaps the Beach Club or Boardwalk may be better suited. ;)

This is still 2 + years away so we do have time, haha.

Thst trip we took was the first week of November so we did do MVMCP but the candlelight professional wasn’t available that early. We would have loved to do it.

Also that trip we did two nights at POFQ followed by 7 nights at BWV. We loved both resorts but never used the pool at POFQ. My daughter actually preferred POFQ because she got a real bed but the location of BWV can’t be beat. We love the Epcot resort area with BC being our favorite but I rented points and BWV was the better deal. We also spent a lot of time at DHS since ToT and RnRC are our favorites, TSL was new to us and my daughter loves the citizens of Hollywood so BWV made the most sense.

I’m sure you guys will have a great trip! I’m looking into planning a trip for my son for 2022 for his college graduation. Not sure if it will be just us two or a family trip. So many decisions!

Wow! 5 Kids!
Super Human you are!
I'm drowning with just 1 and also planning a 2023 trip with her but grandma kinda invited herself so I'm super excited for 2023 with my 2 babies :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!