Mothers Day BCV Stay!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Wow! We're all adults, ranging in ages from the mid - 50's through 86, DSis, DMom, DH and me, and we had a great time.

DH and I arrived at BCV on Friday at 8:15, (we were on our way to AK and EE, but we had the time to check in, AK opened at around 8:45). The CM was very pleasant. We live in the Dayton OH area and many many people have been to the Air Force Museum or have been stationed at Wright Patterson Air Force base, so lots of people comment on our area. This CM had lived on/off the base with her family as a child. Of course, the room wasn't ready, but, especially when we saw the size of the lines later in the day, we were glad we checked in early.

DM/sis came by ME, met us in the lobby around noon, and their room WAS ready, so we gathered there for lunch before heading for Epcot.

We had 2 studios, ours was 431 (dedicated, with a gigantic balcony, we had 4 outside chairs with the little table as balcony furniture) and theirs was 227 (lock-off) and they both had the "woods" view. These locations were very convenient for us, close to elevators, and it wasn't an "issue" when we wanted to get to each other.

We didn't have a kitchen dish cloth, but they did. We just used more paper towels.

The weather was perfect, cool nights, warm to hot days, but low humidity. There was no issue with air conditioning turning off. If anything their room, 227 had extra air, Dsis woke up one night and had to adjust the temps higher.

Only Dsis used the pull out and she slept "ok" but if I was going to mention anything on the Dis, she told me to say it may not have been the worse sofa bed, but it was bad.

We used the marketplace at the Beach Club for some food items, I enjoyed the New Englad Clam Chowder and had it twice. The Villa pool was enjoyable, and SAB was perfect for us. DM doesn't use a pool, but does use the spa, and she and Ds used the health club facilities, whirlpool, sauna and perhaps other things more than once each day.

This was a marvelous stay. Davy Jones put on a good concert, we went twice. Guests came to join us Saturday/Sunday and we all went to Mothers Day brunch which was excellent.

For anyone who really plans ahead, next year's Flower and Garden Festival will take place from April 13th to June 3rd, so some of us can already make our 11 month ressies!!

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them.

Bobbi :thumbsup2

Thanks Bobbi!

What a wonderful Mother's Day!!

LOL! at your DSis and the Sofa Bed, makes me think of my Ds's :goodvibes

Thanks for the report :thumbsup2

Glad to see you had a good time, Bobbi! And it's always nice to see your posts anyway.

Now I want to go for the Flower & Garden Fest. We did it last year and had lots of fun. And since DW was a Monkees fan, it might have been fun to see Davy Jones (tho by now he must be wretchedly ancient?).

:wave:

Well, I'm going to ignore the ancient remark, as he said, "IF you remember the '60's you weren't really there!"

We went to 2 concerts, and at one, a fan ran up to give him a Monkees hat, and he put it on, and did some moves, now that sight was worth the price of admission! Yes, I know the concert was free :teeth:

Davy has applied for and will become an American citizen, he lives in Florida, has 4 daughters, ( he adds "all girls" every time he mentions his family), youngest is in teens about 15 or so. He also raises horses.

DH and I are very lucky, we're going again to the Flower Festival, just the 2 of us for the last weekend. There are exhibits that we missed. It is very hard to find a Festival guide, the actual booklet one that really lists all that's there. I got ours in the gift shop that's right inside the International Gateway entrance. They were just in a stack on the counter, it doesn't seem like a place many people would go for a program.

I hope you do get to go next year pumpkinboy, we're looking at the first weekend in May. As long as I'm teaching we tied to school quarter schedule, and we get out June 8th next year, and the Festival's over then.

Bobbi :goodvibes

hmmm, Mothers' Day @ WDW, sounds like a plan to me:thumbsup2 good for you.

One question: we were planning on checking in very early next month to get resort cards for early EMH (7:00 a.m)....will we have to get back in the check-in line later in the day when the room is ready or are we good to go straight up to the room?

PS, I still think Davy Jones looks good.;)

keishashadow said:
One question: we were planning on checking in very early next month to get resort cards for early EMH (7:00 a.m)....will we have to get back in the check-in line later in the day when the room is ready or are we good to go straight up to the room?

PS, I still think Davy Jones looks good.;)

That's really a plus regarding checking in early, all you do is call the number on a card that the check-in person gives you, and if your room is ready, you just go to your room, by-passing the line!

Bobbi

PS. A year ago I asked DM if she wanted to do the Mother's Day Brunch and go to WDW as a Mother's Day present, and when she said yes, I was glad. There were strolling violin players who would take requests. Because we were 3 women in the picture, we got 3 complimentary copies of it, it's just a special momento of a great weekend. DM entered Epcot before I did, and she recieved a carnation.

Thanks for sharing Bobbi! So glad you had a good Mother's day at my favorite(so far) resort! :thumbsup2

Now I do know the "secret" - thanks.
bobbiwoz said:
That's really a plus regarding checking in early, all you do is call the number on a card that the check-in person gives you, and if your room is ready, you just go to your room, by-passing the line!

Bobbi

PS. A year ago I asked DM if she wanted to do the Mother's Day Brunch and go to WDW as a Mother's Day present, and when she said yes, I was glad. There were strolling violin players who would take requests. Because we were 3 women in the picture, we got 3 complimentary copies of it, it's just a special momento of a great weekend. DM entered Epcot before I did, and she recieved a carnation.

Luigi's Girl said:
Glad you had a great time! Where exactly did you eat your Mother's Day brunch? :sunny:

It's called the World Showplace and it's between the United Kingdom and Canada. There are large wooden gates across the path that are closed most of the time. It's tent-like, but isn't a tent, large and spacious. According to the Flower Garden Festival program, The Teddy Bear and Doll celebration will be there on May 21st.

Bobbi :)

Thank you for posting about your stay Bobbi. We're going to miss the Flower and Garden Show this year but hope to do again next year.

We saw Davy Jones last year and my teen-age DD is still making fun of me for the "swirly" hand clap. We really loved his show and all the memories his songs generated! :hippie:

Glad you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter