Mother's Day mini trip report

got2gp

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to share a little about our Mother's Day trip to DL. It was dh, dd 16, ds 11, and myself. We drove down Saturday afternoon after having snagged a room as the GC. Nice room with a view of Grizzley River Run. Ate dinner at House of Blues, took in a movie and did a little shopping in DD.

Up and out early next morning, hitting the front gate by 8:30. I was expecting it to be crowded, but was pleasantly surprized at how light the crowds were. The park is all shined up and looking good. The castle turned out better than I had expected. We did not wait more than 20 minutes for any ride all day. Regis and Kelly were there taping their show and we could have been in the audience but that would have cut into our ride time lol.

We managed to ride Buzz, Mr. Toad, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder and Indiana Jones, did some pin trading, checked out the decorations and got in some shopping before 2pm. Had luch at Blue Bayou, very nice. Loved the Monte Cristo. At 4pm dh lightweighted out went back to the hotel to swim. The kids didn't want to go so we caught the new parade. It is definatly worth seeing. After the parade we went to CA and hit Soarin and TOT and did some more shopping (did I mention 16yo dd?).

Back to DL to meet dh at 6:30pm. Rode the train, did Splash Mountain, Pooh ride, more shopping including golden Mickey ears, got a quick snack and saw the fireworks. They were the best display I have seen at DL by far and I think even outdoes Fantasmic (but I've seen that a lot). If you can, be sure to position yourself where you can see both the castle and the matterhorn. It is truely more than a fireworks show, more of a multimedia event that takes place all around you. There were times I wasn't sure where to look. I won't say more, don't want to spoil it!

Overall, we were very happy with this trip. Crowds were managable, weather was great and the parks beautiful.

Great mini trip report. Loved hearing about it! We go in October and we will take your advice for the fireworks. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter