Motorhome purchase worth it?- Rent out when not in use?

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but sorry if so! Make sure the dealership you purchase from and/or will be using for repairs and warranty repairs has very very good reputation. It can be a living hell if they are horrible.

My parents have a rear kitchen in their bumper pull and my mom says never again. She says everything bounces so bad in refrigerator.

Depending the size make sure you might not want a second AC unit on it. My parents added a 2nd.

Our double bunk bumper pull used to get really warm for our kids if we shut their door. There was only one vent back there and the bottom bunks really did not get air.

If you are getting a RV 5th or bumper pull, don't get anything close to what your tow vehicle can handle. Stay way under the weight! Remember you will be loading the RV too!

We have a small travel trailer. 22 ft. with bunks. We are a family of 5 and it is TIGHT. It says it sleeps 6, but I cannot imagine cramming one more person in there. That being said, we aren't living in it and we set up some outside space to spread out a bit. It's mostly a place to sleep and store our things. We could get a bigger one, but we work with what we have and it's okay.

That being said, I cannot imagine renting it out. Taking care of an RV seems like it would all be common sense, but it's not to everyone. And the last thing we need is someone causing damage because they don't know what they're doing. Or someone's dog peeing on our upgraded mattress that we have on the queen bed, or sticking a 400 pound person on the top bunk, breaking off a cabinet door because they're not careful, and so on.

We have a 38' Motorhome. It's our HOME on the road. There is no way in hades I'd ever rent it out! (ever see the movie RV?) Prior to the MH we owned a travel trailer. That thing could comfortably sleep 9 It had two slide outs, 2 sleeper sofas, not too bad. (it was a 32' Jayco Eagle)

We camped in pop ups for about 10 years and loved it. We always looked at big rigs but the buy in was just to much until we won a raffle that paid for most of it. It will never pay for itself, but we don’t feel cramped in a camp site compared to a hotel room. We couldn’t stay at Disney for two weeks in a hotel room but it is easy at the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter