Mouse pads.....make them yourself

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
Has anyone tried the mousepad kits.....I DID!!!! Last night I made my Dad one for Fathers Day.....awesome and easy as pie. Well at least once you get the sizing right.......Let me know if youve done it....I want to make more and would love some tips.....

Mine were pix from Disney, keeps me in the mood all year long......

cindy

I've made several mouse pads. I order mouse pads and transfer paper from: http://www.transfertechnology.com/
I usually size them by setting my picture software (pictureit) to a print size a little bigger than the mouse pad. I have a paper cutter and use that to make two straight edges that will go on a corner of the mouse pad and use them to line it up. Sometimes I practice this with a picture printed on plain paper to get the centering right. Cover the entire mouse pad with the transfer paper, it will be more even that way. I have a sewing type ironing board that I've taken the pads out of so I can iron the entire mouse pad at once. That helps to get the heat even , if you have problems with this you might try taking your finished product to a t-shirt store they may let you use their heat-transfer machine. Hope this helps, if you have questions just ask.

thanks.....the only real problem I had was making sure the pix was the right size. I even typed in my dimensions but they didnt come out the same. I got it done and it came out awesome. Next time however I will use your tip for centering it. Also will print the practice sheets in Band w so as not to waste my color ribbon....

I cant wait to make more. I am working on a design for the Dis board......to trade for pins..

cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter