Mousekeeping - Accept vs Decline

tgree9369

DIS Veteran
Question? If you refuse Mousekeeping what do they offer? I know there is some incentive for declining. And we do On-line Check-In, which means we don't go to the lobby but rather wait for the text and then go to the room - how will this effect my acceptance or decline of Mousekeeping? We are staying at OKW (studio) in 28 days.

Question? If you refuse Mousekeeping what do they offer? I know there is some incentive for declining. And we do On-line Check-In, which means we don't go to the lobby but rather wait for the text and then go to the room - how will this effect my acceptance or decline of Mousekeeping? We are staying at OKW (studio) in 28 days.
They only offer the option to decline housekeeping to get a gift card if you are staying at a value or moderate resort. Since OKW is a deluxe, you will not be entitled to that offer.
Denise

They only offer the option to decline housekeeping to get a gift card if you are staying at a value or moderate resort. Since OKW is a deluxe, you will not be entitled to that offer.
Denise
Thank you. I was pretty sure this didn't apply to our stay. I have never had that offer given (we normally stay at deluxe) - we did stay at French Quarter but didn't hear about it there either.

It doesn't apply to DVC resorts at all. You only get housekeeping every four days anyway, other than the required snoop of your villa to see if you are doing anything illegal. And to take out your trash.

It doesn't apply to DVC resorts at all. You only get housekeeping every four days anyway, other than the required snoop of your villa to see if you are doing anything illegal. And to take out your trash.
What if you are staying on DVC property but not using DVC points / a member? I was told Mousekeeping will come each day.?

This was my question. We'll be staying at PORS. We will be there 9 days, including check in and check out. What is the usual gift card for length of stay and what experiences have you all experienced with declining to get the gift card.?

This was my question. We'll be staying at PORS. We will be there 9 days, including check in and check out. What is the usual gift card for length of stay and what experiences have you all experienced with declining to get the gift card.?
My memory is that when you decline housekeeping services, you will get an electronic gift card for $10 per day for the length of your stay minus 1 day. So a 7 night stay will get you a $60 gift card.
If you need anything (towels, trash removed, etc), a call to housekeeping can be made & they will still help you.

Others have answered the no you cannot at OKW bit, but...

Just because you do online check-in does not mean you cannot go to the desk. Indeed not everyone who does IS able to skip. Even if you get your room number via text, you can still go to the desk. And if you are at a Value or Mod and want to opt out of housekeeping (realizing your room will still be subject to a daily security check) you will need to as it can only be done on arrival day.

On another planning site it’s being rumored to be included in deluxe resorts starting spring of 2020. We only go as high as Moderate so we always take the 10.00 card. Great deal and we still get clean towels trash gotten rid of. No brainer for us.

Just stayed at Pop 6 days got a $50 gift card. $10 a night minus your first night since it has to be made up. It is sent to you by email for the whole $50.

We had towels changed out twice. Someone did do a security check every day. We were in the room once other times the lights were on when we got back so knew someone was on there.

You just have to call house keeping and they well bring the towels.

I have done it twice since it was offered and not done it twice and previous poster has it exactly right. $10/night minus your first night and it's emailed in a gift card.

If you do it and you don't see your email .... do a search for word "gift" and then you can usually find it.

If you decline mouse keeping, can you request a change of sheets halfway through the stay? We will be staying for 10 nights in July. Thank you in advance.

We were fortunate to spend 14 nights last year and declined mousekeeping. We just grabbed sheets from the housekeeping carts or went to the laundry facility (it was three doors down) asked for sheets and fresh towels. undid and remade, leaving sheets and towels outside by window and they were picked up. With trash sometimes during security checks it was removed. Since I was given the gift card it didn't seem right to me to ask them.

If you decline mouse keeping, can you request a change of sheets halfway through the stay? We will be staying for 10 nights in July. Thank you in advance.
yes. we did this...now i made the bed myself...i just exchanged the sheets.. I dont know if you can get housekeeping to do it or not.

If you decline mouse keeping, can you request a change of sheets halfway through the stay?

If you decline housekeeping, they will not change your sheets for you even if you request it. We had an issue with my son last summer who had a small accident while napping one afternoon. I called to see if we could get a new bedspread and sheet set (thankfully it didn't leak through to the mattress) and they would only bring me new sheets for me to have to change myself. We did not have a great experience with declining housekeeping. Requesting towels when we needed them became a project---usually we have to call multiple times over a 24 hour period to get them. Our trash was never taken--we put it outside of our room at POR and it would sit for up to 2-3 days and then we struggled to get new trash bags even though we asked for them.

In the end, I didn't think that not having housekeeping for the 9 days we were there would be a big deal at all. But I regretted declining it within 3 days in. Not worth the $80 to me at all. Maybe I am petty, but if I am on vacation, I would rather not to have to worry about having clean towels for my family and my trash taken away in a reasonable timely fashion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!