Mousekeeping, Split Stay & Tipping

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
So our first DVC stay is coming up in 22 days (eek!!). I'm wondering how I should tip given that I'm staying 3 nights, then 2 nights then 2 nights in our various resorts. We won't be there long enough for trash and towel service. Normally, we tip a few dollars a day given that a housekeeper comes into the room each day, but with DVC that's obviously different. And since we're getting NO service (except for the initial clean), I wasn't sure what was appropriate in this situation?

What's appropriate is what you wish to give them. We don't tip housekeeping since it's a union/Disney agreed non-tip position. The housekeepers are paid a higher wage instead of being tipped but many feel the need to tip anyway and that is their business. I feel bad for all of the other non-tipped positions who never get tipped.

:earsboy: Bill

Considering the amount of times I have to call housekeeping to request items that are supposed to be in the Villa already I rarely tip.

We generally tip $5 when leaving a studio, and more for the larger units. We tip when we leave a hotel room. It’s certainly up to you!

We're with Bill on this one. We don't tip unless housekeeping does something special for us like help us clean up an unexpected mess in the villa. My son was one of the non-tipped positions who never got tipped since he worked in the parks where his work was really noticed, but he wasn't.

Thanks for the tips (no pun intended). I've been leaning towards the "no tip" in our situation and I think that's what we're going to end up doing. Between the DME, changing resorts 3x and the number of times bell services will be touching our bags (i.e. needing a tip), I feel I'm going to need $50 in ones just for that...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!