"Move It People! We've Got Places to Go and Mouses to See!"

DHS, Epcot, & DTD

Hey there DISers! I am thoroughly enjoying reliving my trip through this trip report and hope you’re enjoying reading it! :thumbsup2

When I last left off, Mom & I had just gotten back from an afternoon at DHS. Now you may have noticed something about our time there…we didn’t ride TSMM! We wanted to, but as we didn’t get to DHS until lunchtime, all the FPs were gone & the stand-by was CRAZY long. So, knowing there were AM EMH the next morning, we decided to wait & ride then. :upsidedow

We got off the bus around 7:20 or so and got in line at the turnstiles; we were actually pretty close to the front of the line. Today was certainly a day when we were glad we had transferred our tickets to our room keys…there were separate lines for people who had that! :cool1: So Mom & I were waiting, talking about the crazy stuff we had seen and done over the past few days. As it got closer and closer to time to open the gates, we could feel ourselves being pushed farther& farther forward. Mom, upon seeing the CMS begin to get ready to open, whispered “Man your battle-stations!”:rotfl2:

Boy was she right! Before they let anyone through, the CMs reminded everyone SEVERAL times not to run once inside the gate. But do people listen? Of course not!:crazy2: Mom & I were nearly trampled by a guy with a stroller while quick-walking to TSMM. We quickly grabbed FPS, knowing they would soon be gone. Our time slot started at 8:40, so we got in the stand-by, rode, and got in line again.

We took some pictures while in line the first time.

The second time through, the CMs started asking for parties of 2. We immediately raised our hands, and were directed to the FP line! Talk about awesome luck! When we got off the second time, it was time for our FPs. We got in line and were soon boarding a car. On my third try that morning, I was bound to have some good luck: I had the best score in our car! :cool1:

After we got off the ride, I had a few pictures I wanted to take.

After we took all the pictures we wanted, we were ready to go to Epcot! After our last experience on a Disney boat, I wanted to take the walking path. Unfortunately, even with all our reading, we had not found where the path actually is, so we were forced to take the boat.

We ended up waiting 20 minutes before the boat ever started, and there were 3 or 4 other stops before the Epcot stop…Will we ever learn?:confused3

We finally arrived in Epcot and immediately grabbed FPs for Soarin. The stand by wasn’t terribly long, so we went ahead & got in line. I love this ride! Down to smelling the oranges in the orange grove, the details are amazing! After flying high above California, we hopped in the stand by line for Nemo.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a day in Epcot without going to Turtle Talk! I love the interaction between Crush & the little kids, even though I’m no longer a little kid. After talking with Crush, I wanted to look around at the animals. I had promised a friend back home that I would get pictures of the manatees for her, so that was my first stop.

Continued in next post….

Saturday January 25th, 2013 (continued)

Hi readers! When I last left off, Mom & I had just left Turtle Talk with Crush and were wandering around looking at the animals. I remembered looking at the dolphins on our last trip, but we looked and looked and looked…the dolphins were nowhere to be found  I did find a school of Nemo-like fish

And a giant sea turtle!

After we were done exploring the Big Blue World, it was time for our Soarin FPs.

We got in line and were soon boarding. Unfortunately, our good luck of the morning had run out. We were placed next to a family who Mom deemed the “McChattersons”. It was quite frustrating, really. Now, my mom may say I’m the pot calling the kettle black, but I don’t talk that much OR that loud!

After our second flight, I spotted the sign for Mary Poppins’s meet & greet. It was only a few minutes until she was supposed to show up, and there weren’t very many people, so we hopped in line. Before I knew it, it was my turn!

Unfortunately, she talked REALLY fast. I didn’t catch most of what she said. But her accent was spot-on!

By this time, we were hungry, so we walked over to our favorite place in the World Showcase: France! It’s my dream to go to Paris, so of course I had to get my picture taken with the Eiffel Tower!

The bakery had been expanded since we were there last, so there was more seating, but the lines weren’t organized very well; it was a little confusing. We got a ham & cheese croissant to share; I got the du chocolat; Mom got a chocolate éclair. Everything was delicious, as always!

As we were wandering around WS, we spotted Jasmine & Aladdin! Of course, as I was unable to find them on our last trip, I had to get in line.

While I was talking to Aladdin & Jasmine, I heard the photographer ask Mom if we were twins….ummmmm, no. LOL

After my photo-op, we headed over to Italy to watch the Ziti Sisters. We were unable to do this last time, so we were really looking forward to it. Of course, I get picked to participate. I was laughing the entire time! It was absolutely impossible to keep a straight face.

After the show, I REALLY wanted some gelato, so Mom bought me a cup of chocolate gelato…YUM! Once again, we were asked if we were sisters! I really don’t think we look that much alike!

At this point, we had done everything on our “Must Do” list for WS. As we were passing through Norway, Mom asked if I wanted to ride the Maelstrom. We had never ridden before, but this trip I was game to try almost anything (except RnR I draw the line at upside down & backwards…keep that in mind). We hopped in line and waited ten to fifteen minutes. We hopped in our little boat and started our ride. After a couple minutes I heard the tracks shift and we started going backwards. Now, remember what I said about drawing the line at upside down and backwards? Well, I started freaking out…like, I think Mom thought I was going to hyperventilate. As if it wasn’t bad enough already, we started to SPEED UP! Then we went down a hill! Now, granted, it wasn’t a very big hill (not even as big as the one in Pirates), but to someone who LOATHES going backwards, it was a big deal. Let’s just say, it took me a while to get my breathing back under control.

After I walked off my panic attack, we got in line for Journey into Imagination: SO CUTE! We had never done this before, but it was absolutely adorable! As we were walking out, who did we spot but Chip & Dale! I had seen their times on the Times Guide and was planning on getting my picture taken with them anyway, but this way, I was first in line!

After meeting the chipmunks, I spotted Rapunzel! I absolutely love Tangled, so I HAD to get my picture taken with her! She though it was really cool that I had released a floating lantern at my friend’s Tangled-themed party (yes, we are just that awesome).

The sun was warm, and we were right by an Innoventions building (maybe East, not really sure on that one), so we headed inside. The lines for Mickey, Minnie, & Pluto were long, so we made our way to the VISA photo-op. This time, it was Mickey!

continued in next post…

Art of Animation Resort (Day 1)

The Cars section was so detailed!!

I loved the Nemo themed pool!!

Squirt!!

The attention to detail all over the resort was absolutely incredible!

Mufasa was so tall, Mom couldn't get me in the picture!

The Little Mermaid section was my favorite!

Ursula was HUGE!

There was even a giant dinglehopper!!

continued in next post....

Day 2

Me after my first enjoyed ride of Space!!

Found the pictures of me & Periwinkle!

I loved the detail on Eric's castle!!

Me & Mom after lunch at Kona

Seeing Gaston's Tavern made my Disney-heart happy!

I can't wait for the Seven Dwarves Mine Trine!

Me & Madame Daisy Fortuna

Me & Minnie Magnifique

I love your trip report! It makes me feel like I'm in WDW! I'm going this August to WL and I think about it every day in school and can't focus! There are 15 more days of school, then I become a counselor at camp and all summer I have Disney in late August to look forward to! Keep it up!

I love your trip report! It makes me feel like I'm in WDW! I'm going this August to WL and I think about it every day in school and can't focus! There are 15 more days of school, then I become a counselor at camp and all summer I have Disney in late August to look forward to! Keep it up!

Thank you!! I understand how you feel! Since we went in January, school was still in session & those last few days before we left were brutal! Hope you continue to read & enjoy!

Saturday January 25th, 2013 (continued)

Now, where was I? Right, Mom & I were at the VISA photo-op in Epcot. Who did find behind the curtain? Mickey Mouse!

Mom was ecstatic over the fact that while on this trip she got pictures with both Sorcerer Mickey & Mickey Mouse!

After we were done taking pictures, we noticed that the lines we had previously determined were too long had dwindled down quite a bit. We were able to skip over Mickey since we had just gotten a picture with him; next was Pluto!

And Minnie!

We finished our pictures & began making our way to Test Track! Now, I never rode it before the refurb, so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I was honestly a little disappointed. The ride seemed REALLY short. It wasn’t at all what I was expected either. The last leg (on the racetrack) was what I thought the whole ride was like…that was really fun! The rest of it was just okay, in my opinion. I know a lot of people loved the refurbed version, but I wasn’t all that impressed.

By the time we got of TT, we were tired and hungry. But as we headed toward the entrance, I spotted 2 more characters: Daisy & Goofy! I dragged Mom into the super short lines so I could get my picture with them.

Now, why are Daisy & I laughing so hard? Well there was a CM walking nearby as I was getting my picture taken. I had traded pins with him before I got in line, so I knew he was pretty funny. However, I did not expect this. He stopped behind my mom and was making faces at the back of her head!! :rotfl2: It was absolutely hysterical!

And who could forget Goofy?

Or Spaceship Earth?

My pictures taken, we headed for the bus stop.

I don’t remember waiting very long for a bus (there’s nothing about it in my notes, anyway) & soon we were back at POR resting. We crashed on the beds for about 20 minutes before realizing how hungry we really were. After our last 2 boat experiences, we headed to the bus stop.

We ended up having to wait a long time for a DTD bus, but it gave our feet a break. A bus finally came and we were soon caught in the hustle & bustle of DTD (there were a lot of people that night). We had WPE for dinner…yes, I know that’s twice in one trip, but we really love this restaurant!

After dinner, I wanted to wander around before we got our dessert and went back to POR. I love pin trading, so my first stop was the Pin Store. There was a special going on for lanyards & pins ( I don’t remember the details, sorry), so I got a great deal on a new lanyard & some pins.

At this point, we were tired and ready for some chocolate. We ordered our ice cream, staked out a table and began making our plan for tomorrow. Soon, our dessert arrived:

The picture of mine disappeared :(

After we finished dessert, Mom wanted to walk through the Christmas shop (the name is escaping me) before we left. After figuring out the ornament she wanted would have to go in our 311 bags (which was NOT going to happen) we hopped on a bus back to POR.

After refilling our mugs, we drifted off to sleep, saddened by the realization that tomorrow was our last day in the Most Magical Place on Earth :(

up next...one last day in MK!

Sunday January 26th, 2013

One Last Day in MK

So this day was the saddest for us…our last day in WDW. We always begin & end our trips in MK, so that’s where we were headed this last day. We slept in a little bit, but still managed to reach MK by 9:45. We were determined to eat at Be Our Guest for lunch before we left, so, immediately upon arrival, we got in line.

After checking the Touring Plans app, we decided to grab FPs for Under the Sea. I saved our place in line while Mom went to the FP distribution center for Under the Sea. Soon, we were allowed into the castle.

O.M.G. The attention to detail was INCREDIBLE! Even just standing in line to order our food, there was so much to look at! We quickly ordered our food and received our rose

Mom, being the Beauty & the Beast guru that she is, led the way to the West Wing…WOW! It looks EXACTLY like the movie, even down to the torn portrait on the wall.

Every now & then, lightning would flash & if you’re watching the portrait of Prince Adam, you’ll see the prince change into the Beast!! Unfortunately, we were never fast enough to get it on film.

Mom got the potato leek soup:

I got the kids slow-cooked pork:

For dessert, Mom got the lemon meringue cupcake:

I got the triple chocolate cupcake:

After we finished eating, we walked around the other dining rooms a bit & took pictures.

It looked like it was snowing outside the ballroom!

I loved the spinning statue inside the dining room!

Mom just HAD to take a picture of the "women" sign because it had a crown on it.

After we finished looking around, we headed over to Under the Sea & used our FPs. The cool thing about this ride is that every time you get on it, you notice a new detail. I love it!

We got off the ride and decided to grab FPs for the Barnstormer (or whatever it’s called now; it will always be the Barnstormer to me) since we hadn’t ridden it yet & the line was always really long for it. After we received the passes, we saw Marie on the other side of the tent from where the FP distribution was! I love the Arisotcats, and since I had never been able to get a picture with any of them, I jumped in the short line & was quickly informed by the handler that I was to be the last picture of the time slot. Whew! 

Yes, I am aware that my hand looks stupid. Marie was doing that, so Mom told me to do it, but then Marie put her paw down. Go figure.

After my picture, we still had some time to kill before we could grab anymore FPs, so we hopped in line to see Goofy & Donald at Pete’s silly slideshow.

The Astounding Donaldo!

The Great Goofini!

Afterward, it still wasn’t time for our Barnstormer FPs, so we got in line at Ariel’s Grotto. While we were in line, I heard someone behind us (they were already in line, mind you) say “What’s Ariel’s Grotto?” Umm…why would you get in line for something if you don’t know what it is?? Weird. Anyway, we got the front of the line and were stopped just inside the entrance to the grotto. The CM then went to the handicap entrance & let 3 Make-A-Wish kids in. From where we were standing, we could see them interact with Ariel. It was really cool to see how sweet Ariel was to these 3 little girls & to see their awe at meeting a princess.

We were soon taking our own pictures with Ariel and were soon on our way again.

By the time we were done, the time listed at the bottom of our Barnstormer FPs had come, so we grabbed FPs for Winnie the Pooh. As the passes were shooting out of the machine, we received a surprise: BONUS FPS! Who doesn’t love these? Along with our Winnie the Pooh FPs, we got bonus Dumbo FPs; yeah!

Since we were right there, we decided to head into Mickey’s Philharmagic. This show will never get old! It’s really fun to see little kids’ excitement when they’re seeing the show for the first time.

When the show was over, it was finally time for our Barnstormer FPs. This ride is MUCH shorter than I remember. I honestly wouldn’t wait in a long line for it. We got on, and the ride stopped within the first ten seconds. Fortunately, we weren’t stopped for long, but the ride was over really quickly.

After our ride, we only had five or so minutes until our Dumbo FP window opened, so we sat on a wall outside the ride for a few minutes while I took TR notes. Soon we were riding Dumbo the Flying Elephant! 

After our flight with Dumbo, we used our Winnie the Pooh FPs. Mom & I love this ride, & even though it’s geared toward younger kids, it is always a must do on our list.

At this point, we were pretty thirsty, so we stopped at Storybook Treats (formally Mrs. Potts’ Cupboard I think) for some water. Then we headed over to Tomorrowland to grab FPs for Space Mtn. As we walked out of New Fantasyland, we had to pass by Maurice’s Popping Machine. There were a couple elderly women standing nearby, and when we walked by them I heard one say “Who’s Morris?” LOL. It was pretty funny to see how little people know about the Disney classics. Once we received our passes, we got in the stand-by for Buzz. The posted time was 20 minutes, but we really only waited about 5. Unfortunately, this go-round, I had a bum laser. Very few of my shots registered, so my score was unusually low.

When we came out of the ride, I spotted a couple CMs with Pluto pins on their lanyards. Now, the very first time I did pin trading, I collected Tinker Bell pins. The next time, I collected Pluto. Since I only had a few Pluto pins at home, & only a couple pins with me that I wanted to trade, I decided to keep collecting Pluto on this girls only trip.

After trading, Mom & I decided to get on the scariest ride in all of WDW…. The People Mover! Duh, Duh, Duh!! Haha, well our feet were tired & the entrance was right there, so we hopped on.

This day was the hottest day while we were there. So after we got off the People Mover, we decided to get some ice cream. There was a cart nearby, so we got in line & bought our snacks.

Mom thought it would be funny to take a picture WHILE I was eating.

She had already taken a bite before she remembered to take a picture.

Once we were done, we decided to head over to the Laugh Floor. Every time we go in here, Mom sends in a joke. So far, none of hers have been picked, but she’s determined to keep trying!

By the time the show was over, it was time for our Space FPs.

As we walked, we spotted Stitch with no line, so I decided to get a picture…Easier said than done. He was having too much fun messing with me.

Finally he settled down enough to get a good picture.

We got in line for Space, but this time, we were sent a different way. We were a little confused but just went with it. Somehow, in all our WDW experiences & research, we had missed that there are TWO tracks inside Space Mtn! Both times I had ridden it before, we had been sent to the right. This time we were sent to the left. This track, however, was VERY different from the other side. It has a lot more drops & even seems to go faster. It was still fun, but I was not ready for it!
When we got off, we checked the Touring Plans app to see the FP times for some of our favorites. The time slot for BTMRR was after we would get back from dinner, so we made our way to Frontierland to secure the passes.

Along the way, we stopped for some pictures.

When Mom & Dad took me for my first ever trip to WDW back in 2003, they had me take this picture

So, I wanted to recreate the picture 10 years later.

Then we headed to the front of MK and hopped on the monorail. We had an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at the GF for our last night in WDW.

Oh. My. Goodness. Lady Tremaine, Drizella, & Anastasia were HYSTERICAL! You could tell they were really having fun with their jobs.

Prince Charming was supposed to be there, too, but our waitress informed us that he was sick  Oh, well.

But, the meal wasn’t over yet. Seeing my birthday button, our waitress told me that she had a surprise for me. She hurried away, and Mom &I were left wondering. She soon returned with a birthday cupcake & a place mat autographed by characters from Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, & more!

 This made Mom & I both a little emotional, because when we were in WDW for my 4th birthday 10 years prior, I received a similar surprise at Chef Mickey’s, just different characters had signed a different place mat 
The food at Park Fare was good, but Mom & I both felt it wasn’t anything special. It was really expensive, especially for as few options as there were.
We hopped back on the monorail & were soon back in MK. We stopped for some pictures on Main Street.

Another flash-back picture

It’s funny; the PP photographer could work the fancy camera, but not the iPhone. Go figure.

We immediately used our BTMRR FPs & grabbed another set right after. Then we got in the non-existent line for Pirates. I don’t understand why people can’t seem to grasp the “No Flash Photography” rule. It’s not that difficult & using it ruins the experience for those around you.

When we got out of the Caribbean, it was time for Celebrate the Magic to start. WOW! This has to be one the BEST displays Disney has ever done. It was absolutely incredible. We were sad that we couldn’t see the whole thing, though, because we were off to the side of the castle. Once it was over, we made our way back to BTMRR. This ended up being a really good spot to watch Wishes, because very few people were in that area. I had really wanted to be ON BTMRR during Wishes, but unfortunately that didn’t happen.

After the fireworks, we used our FPs then went to watch Celebrate the Magic again from Main Street. It was SO much better from the front! You could see everything that way, and it was amazing! I’m pretty sure Mom & I were both teary-eyed.

Lion King Scene:

Tangled Scene:

I have so many pictures from the show, but these are my favorites!

After the show, we got in the stand-by for Buzz. We ended up riding it twice, because there was little to no line. Then we went to Mickey’s Philharmagic one last time.

I was determined to finish off the trip with BTMRR, so that’s where we headed for our last ride of the trip. We rode it twice before heading to the bus stop. On our way out, it started to sprinkle. Now, the 2 trips prior to this one, we had been POURED on. So the fact that it didn’t rain until we were leaving the park on our last night was pretty nice.

Up next…departure day :sad:

Monday January 27th, 2013

So this day was the saddest of them all…departure day. :sad: We had to get up EARLY in order to get on the ME on time. Let’s just say, I did NOT want to get up that morning. :coffee: Mom says that was my one bratty teenager moment of the trip, but I don’t think it was that bad…right?:offtopic: Well, nevertheless, Mom & I were both ready on time meet the ME. We went down to the lobby to wait on the benches outside. We did just that: wait. Wait. And wait some more. The ME ended up being 30 minutes late…Mom was not a happy camper. And when the bus finally arrived, we couldn’t understand the driver. His accent was so thick it was impossible to comprehend a word that came out of his mouth. :rolleyes2

We finally arrived at the airport and luckily still had time to spare. We had passed the Universal store on the way in, and I was determined to get a picture with the Harry Potter wall before we left.

And so, I did.:cool1:

We made our way through security…I have to say, the metal detectors you have to go in are a little freaky. But security was uneventful this time, which was good. We grabbed Starbucks on our way to the gate before settling down to wait.

After an hour and a half flight, we landed back home. Yes, we landed, and I had to go to school. Thanks, Mom. I had already missed 3 days, and she didn’t want me to miss anymore. Oh, well. :crazy2:

Stay tuned for more pictures, and my final thoughts about the trip. :wave2:

Rapunzel’s tower

Cinderella’s castle all lit up

Some of the statues outside Beast’s castle

The shield on the gate outside Beast’s castle

Found the picture of my Ghirardelli milkshake!

Me & Tinker Bell

I love Mickey hugs!

Me & Mom on Main Street on our last night in WDW

Jasmine loved my zebra-print earrings!

I love Daisy!

Me with the castle on our way out of MK on our last night…I was having a hard time smiling

Me in front of my favorite ride in all of WDW…the lighting is terrible!

More from Celebrate the Magic

My food at 1900 Park Fare

And Mom’s

The Haunted Mansion

We loved the posters inside Storybook Circus!

Loved the fireworks at the end of Under the Sea!

The details in the ballroom inside Beast’s castle were amazing!

Knight in Shining Armor inside Beast’s castle

Stained glass window…just like in the movie!

I love Goofy!

Munchkinland inside TGMR

Mary Poppins inside TGMR

The Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Tumble-Monkeys!

Flamingoes

Elephants

Giraffes

Construction of The Seven Dwarves Mine Train

Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Sticky Wings from Kona

Kilauea Torte from Kona

Me on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Our Space Mountain picture

Opening show!

Welcome Home!

Me & Flo at AoA

Me & Doc at AoA

Our building at POR

The pillows had the crocodile (I can’t remember his name) from the Princess & the Frog on them!

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for my final thoughts about this Mother-Daughter Birthday Trip!

What I Learned on This Trip

{1} Going into a show just to talk is NOT okay. Don’t take up seats if you’re not going to watch. It’s rude and irritating to those around you.

{2} Turn your flash off! It’s inconsiderate & ruins the experience for those around you.

{3} Don’t act like you’re the only person in the universe. Stopping in the middle of the street, throwing trash on the ground, using foul language around little kids, etc. is not okay. Yes, the CMs have cleanup duty, but we can carry our trash to the trashcans. Little kids will repeat anything and everything; do you really want your five year old learning cuss words from you?

{4} If you’re like me & don’t handle going backwards very well, do NOT get on the Maelstrom in Norway at WS.

{5} If you collect pressed pennies, like me, make sure you have PLENTY of quarters & pennies. I ran out before the end of our trip & was very disappointed.

{6} WDW boat transportation is not worth the effort. The boats are EXTREMELY slow. Take the bus or walk!

{7} Don’t come to WDW if all you’re going to do is be rude to your family & to those around you. It just makes everyone miserable.

{8} If you have a group that will split evenly into groups of two, do it! Groups of two are easier to fit in on rides than larger groups.

{9} Don’t get in line for something if you don’t know what it is. Not only does it make you look silly, it causes a hassle once you get to the front of the line & realize you don’t want to meet that character/ride that ride.

{10} Don’t ask PP photographers to take pictures with your iPhone. They can work the big fancy cameras but not a camera-phone.

Thanks for reading everybody! I’m going to go back & try to finish my TR for June 2012 (we’ll see, anyway :rotfl2:). Hope you enjoyed reading this TR as much as I have enjoyed reliving the trip as I write!
As Mickey says, “See ya real soon!” :wave2:

Aww but the boats are so peaceful and lovely!

Loved the report! Maybe I'll check you're other one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!