MPAA Rating PG for adventure action and peril

Signs
Released in US August 2, 2002
Total US Gross $227,090,985
US Distributor Buena Vista
Production Budget $70,000,000
Prints and Advertising Budget $40,000,000
MPAA Rating PG-13 for some frightening moments

I am disappointed TP did not do better, as I thought it was a good movie all the way around. I waas hoping it woukd pull out, but doesn't look like it.
But it seems the real life action flicks do better.
I have read the real money is made off merchandise/video sales. So maybe some day Disney will at least break even with TP.

Through 3 weekends TP is at $27.9million. Atlantis was at $43.7 by that point. This is looking ugly, maybe only around $50-60million or so. Yikes.

Only $3.1 million last weekend.

Do you think it makes $50 mil? Will it get a big enough boost from the holidays?

You know, I hate to even mention this, but Return to Neverland grossed around $45 mil...

I wonder if it could have a run similar to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", kind of a sleeper. I don't see TP as a "gotta be the first to see it" type movie, but more of a 2nd choice type if there isn't a LoTR type movie being released each weekend. I think the extended Christmas school holiday may be a big boost for TP.

I think we'll see it hit around $45 mill like matt said.

my 12 yo sister called it trease island today and i was like "it figures"

I wonder if it could have a run similar to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", kind of a sleeper.

thats just not possible unfortunalty. TP (i need tp for my) is gonna be out of thearters soon real soon their already dropping screens like crazy. this is a huge bust.

TP lost over 1000 screens LAST week according to boxofficemojo. MBFGW did the opposite for what 30 something weeks

You know, I hate to even mention this, but Return to Neverland grossed around $45 mil...

man that was hard to read, real hard.

owell im off to see the movie disney could have had (in a another dimension bizarro type world way) TTT. 12:01 showing baby i cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This December is a good month for movies TTT, 25th hour even looks good and GONY out friday this december is rocking.

Even disney has no hope for the movie as they have already begun to announce the loss the movie will cost them in the quarters to come.

I saw it with my 1st grade daughter who didn't particularly like it. I loved it. I thought it looked great on the screen and had the "all important" story. I guess TP will become a trivia question,"What was the greatest Disney animated film no one ever saw?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter