MoviePass? $9.99/month 1 theater movie a day

So basically - if you use an e-ticket theater - you're ok; if you live 5 minutes away from the theater and can pop in there in the morning - you might be ok;

For everyone else - even the new MP plan looks like a bust.

AMC's A-list just keeps looking better and better.

is the new plan different than the 3 movies a month they announced?

no, it's the same but they are still limiting the movies shown and the ticket quantities. So, you may get to see 3 movies a month - if you can get to the theater as soon as they open and if they are offering what you want to see when you want to see it. The announcement of the new terms and conditions forgot that piece of information.

You should get the amc plan. If there were a amc by me I would get it. Closet one is 45 minutes away. Regal about 20 minutes.

We are just going to wing it. With our AMC Stubs card we can see movies on Tuesday for $5. That is our preferred day to go anyway, so we will just do it that way.

no, it's the same but they are still limiting the movies shown and the ticket quantities. So, you may get to see 3 movies a month - if you can get to the theater as soon as they open and if they are offering what you want to see when you want to see it. The announcement of the new terms and conditions forgot that piece of information.

And, to make this even more annoyingly funny - I just randomly tried to check in to one of the 2 movies available for today and got a pop-up for the ticket verification requirement. They were supposed to have done away with that under the new terms.

I couldn't care less about the ticket verification process, that was the least of my complaints the last few weeks. It literally takes seconds to do once you're seated. But, of our 4 accounts, 3 of them have had the verification requirement for months. Mine was the only one that never required me to do so - until now, when they've supposedly done away with that step.:headache:

Just got th email & checked the movies available for the next week. The only movie we would be interested in is crazy rich Asians. And they don’t even have that everyday.

I’m also more than a bit annoyed that if you happen to be one of the chosen few who live near one of their eticketing partners, you can see any movie at any time you want. While I am paying the same thing & will be very limited to what I can see. NOPE!!! I AM DONE!

We qualify for senior rates at Regal & I can get discounted tickets to our local chain thru work. Plus in the winter we go to discounted afternoon shows anyway. I don’t need movie pass adding to my everyday aggravation’s. We renew on the 19th. I’ll be double checking my credit card wasn’t charged yet & sending off the email to cancel tonight.

And, to make this even more annoyingly funny - I just randomly tried to check in to one of the 2 movies available for today and got a pop-up for the ticket verification requirement. They were supposed to have done away with that under the new terms.

I couldn't care less about the ticket verification process, that was the least of my complaints the last few weeks. It literally takes seconds to do once you're seated. But, of our 4 accounts, 3 of them have had the verification requirement for months. Mine was the only one that never required me to do so - until now, when they've supposedly done away with that step.:headache:

The veritification isn’t going away until you are on the new plan. I have a annual pass that’s ends in November so I’m going to have to verify my tickets all the way until that time.if you are on the monthly plan let’s say your bill date is the 30th you are going to have to keep verifying your tickets until that time.

The veritification isn’t going away until you are on the new plan. I have a annual pass that’s ends in November so I’m going to have to verify my tickets all the way until that time.if you are on the monthly plan let’s say your bill date is the 30th you are going to have to keep verifying your tickets until that time.

My new plan was supposed to have started yesterday.

My new plan was supposed to have started yesterday.

The new plan started for movie pass yesterday but won’t take effect until your next payment. When is your monthly payment due? If your month starts on the 15th than the new plan started yesterday for you.

The new plan started for movie pass yesterday but won’t take effect until your next payment. When is your monthly payment due? If your month starts on the 15th than the new plan started yesterday for you.
Yes, the new plan started yesterday..my payment date is The 15th. I just thought it was funny that I never had to do it before but now that it is supposedly no longer required it's asking for it.

Our whole family got billed on the 14th so we have some time from old plan.
I just got the new email and read it through. I don't understand them trying
to "dictate" what you can see. What difference does it make what you see? Aren't
all tickets the same price?

The only thing i can think of is them trying to sell your data or proving to theater owners/studios
what kind of pull they have. Which isn't fair because if Slenderman shows box office the studio
may be pleased not knowing that that was THE ONLY movie MP allowed. My older daughter saw it
with her boyfriend and they left halfway through. I refuse to watch it (which prob pleases MP since
they don't have to pay).

Our whole family got billed on the 14th so we have some time from old plan.
I just got the new email and read it through. I don't understand them trying
to "dictate" what you can see. What difference does it make what you see? Aren't
all tickets the same price?

The only thing i can think of is them trying to sell your data or proving to theater owners/studios
what kind of pull they have. Which isn't fair because if Slenderman shows box office the studio
may be pleased not knowing that that was THE ONLY movie MP allowed. My older daughter saw it
with her boyfriend and they left halfway through. I refuse to watch it (which prob pleases MP since
they don't have to pay).

Which is exactly why we cancelled yesterday. I don’t need anyone to tell me which movie I can see & when I can see it. I’ll just go back to paying my own way.

I’m sure they hoped to get a share of ticket sales if they show they could generate enough of an increase. So stear everyone to a few movies, revenue goes up & they can pressure the studios for a percentage. Decent plan, if you can convince the paying customers to go along.

Last edited:
I just cancelled my membership through Costco. They're currently offering $45, about half. I had my membership for 6 months, saw a lot of movies. I thought that was more then fair. I didn't ask for more.

I just cancelled my membership through Costco. They're currently offering $45, about half. I had my membership for 6 months, saw a lot of movies. I thought that was more then fair. I didn't ask for more.

That is odd. I just cancelled last week and they gave me a full refund. I wonder if they are getting inundated with returns.

I was going to watch alpha today. But the showtime I was going to see at 7:30 is not showing up on movie pass. Only 2:30 and 10:30. Why I’m I still with movie pass your wondering I have a annual subscription. Ends in November. At that time will probably look into Sinemia. No amc by me

t
Or COSTCO doesn't think they'll be able to get monwy back from MP. O thoigth 45 was more then fair

I only expected to get $30 back because we had used 2/3 of the year's membership, but they refunded in full. I didn't ask or anything. If they had given me $0 I would have been ok because we have seen 21 movies with it this year including some in downtown SFO that were quite pricey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter